PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hyde in CSC
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hyde in CSC  (Read 5529 times)

Heffer

roytonmike

Re: Hyde in CSC
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 02:30:47 PM »

If the date given by the Cheshire FA has to stand that means re-arranging AFC Wombles.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:24:27 PM »

Interesting that the Cheshire County FA have totally failed to recognise the fact that Hyde changed their name during the summer!

It's time to make the CSC a pre-season competition, Ive been saying it for years now. It is a totally needless distraction during the main football season and it's a farce that it has priority over league fixtures.
Come on Alty!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »

Hopefully we can deal with it better this year as we seem to have more depth and perhaps it will be a good opportunity for Matt and Tom to get fit?

Could we put 1 or 2 youth players out as I reckon if we play someone like Gamble (I know he's signed for Curzon just using him as an example) I reckon he could compete. Or will the Cheshire FA have some sort of problem with it?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 04:09:34 PM »

Hopefully we can deal with it better this year as we seem to have more depth and perhaps it will be a good opportunity for Matt and Tom to get fit?

Could we put 1 or 2 youth players out as I reckon if we play someone like Gamble (I know he's signed for Curzon just using him as an example) I reckon he could compete. Or will the Cheshire FA have some sort of problem with it?

I'm pretty sure teams are expected to field full strength sides.
Come on Alty!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 04:14:21 PM »

That's absolutely ridiculous. Surely about the only thing it's useful for is to give players who wouldn't normally get a game some experience.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 04:59:07 PM »

Surely a chance for some much needed silverware, though.
When we won it the other year, I think it was straight after that horrific home defeat by Forest Green when we were all looking nervously at relegation. It gave us a huge morale boost and we stayed up quite comfortably.
Seeing as there's no league cup competition this year, I don't have a real problem with it.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 06:41:57 PM »

Surely a chance for some much needed silverware, though.
When we won it the other year, I think it was straight after that horrific home defeat by Forest Green when we were all looking nervously at relegation. It gave us a huge morale boost and we stayed up quite comfortably.
Seeing as there's no league cup competition this year, I don't have a real problem with it.

One problem is that it attracts extremely poor crowds. I wouldnt mind betting we lose money staging matches in this competition. We're not allowed to drop the gate prices (not that it would make a great deal of difference to the attendance). Fair enough, if you get to the final it's a chance to win some silverware, but it's not a competition I have a lot of regard for before that stage. We run the risk of getting players injured in a meaningless competition and the rescheduling of league games to accommodate it is intolerable. It's deemed to be more important than a league game, yet it is not even classed as a first team competition when suspensions are being served by players. Total nonsense!

Like I said, play it in pre-season; perhaps even stage double-headers to try and get more people through the gates. It needs to be changed because it's a very tired and unattractive competition at present.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:02:31 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 08:06:17 PM »

No way should any County cup Competition take priority over a league fixture

Its a fkn  ridiculous situation and it time the people in charge of arranging these comps realise this...

Its empire building at best..

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 08:13:46 PM »

OK, I just want a chance to see Alty play at the Deva again!!

roytonmike

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 08:49:24 PM »

The point made about suspensions (i.e. that CSC games don't count as 1st XI fixtures for this purpose) is a very good one. I hate to sound like an old fogey but there was a time when Senior Cup games were played on Saturdays (!). The fact of the matter is that most of the County FAs aren't prepared to come to terms with their most senior non-Football League clubs being iinvolved in national leagues or leagues covering a wide area (eg NPL, Southern) & allow them the flexibility to play local cup-ties at times which best fit their commitments (e.g. Bath City having to re-arrange us for exactly the same reason as we have to switch the Wombles). We can't refuse to play in the CSC as we'd lose our County affiliation & get in queer street with the FA overall, so sadly we just have to put up with it. There are 17 entrants for the CSC, which makes it too big for pre-season.

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 12:22:15 AM »

Anybody cleverer than me know who Runcorn Town are? I must have missed something!

thegazelle

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 10:26:35 AM »

Gutted i arrive 7.30am on the 9th (on  a flight it cost me 140 dollars to rearrange)  just so i got in a day earlier in order to watch the match with wimbledon and now i get the delight of watching a non event game after travelling across continents to get there. Thanks cheshire FA

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »

Off the Main site...........

The Bedfordshire News  says that "Hatters' boss Richard Money has revealed that he will take his Luton Town youngsters to play Arlesey Town in the Bedfordshire Premier Cup on Tuesday night. Speaking after Luton’s 2-1 victory at Woking, Money indicated that, with the Blue Square Bet Premier season kicking off on Saturday, it may also be an opportunity to give first-team players who have not featured much in pre-season like Ed Asafu-Adjaye, who was injured at the Hatters’ training camp in Portugal, a further run-out.

So are the games referred to from the 09-10 or 10-11 season comp, either way he not going to play his first team is he.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 12:25:22 PM »

Anybody cleverer than me know who Runcorn Town are? I must have missed something!

They are a team from Runcorn who have been allowed to join the Vodcat League (NW Counties) this season.........nothing to do with Runcorn Linnets who play at Witton
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hyde in CSC