PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Boston
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Team for Boston  (Read 3582 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team for Boston
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 11:40:50 PM »

To quote jason lee
"they'll cause us problems but let's see if we can cause them more problems"

f**k his mind games and f**k this sitting back bollocks, they can obviously defend, they did so very well at Halifax last Saturday. Go at them from the off, not wait for them to score and then start attacking.Weve the players to beat any side in this league when at the top of our game,

Astonished that Socrates is the onlly one to put it this way.

Surely if Watmore is fit there isn't even an argumaent?

But if you want one, we are a better side on all out attack than we are on trying to 'sit in'.

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 11:45:48 PM »

People saying we should bring Watmore on to run at tired legs, how about this...

Get a nice lead with Watmore on for 60 minutes and then bring on Richman to help consolidate that. A fresh pair of legs willing to do all the tracking back and help out tired defensive legs.

If we are 2-0 up with 20-30 to go then you can bet your bottom dollar they will throw everything at it. Including fresh attacking players. Why not have a fresh work horse to counter that than a fresh attacking player potentially leaving us more exposed?

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 06:59:42 AM »

Is there a formation to allow both Richman and Watmore to play, cos they both deserve starting places for me.

That would be playing 4 3 3 having rogers behind moult and richman and having clee and Watmore either side of reeves leaving out lawrie not saying that be my team but less odd than dropping Watmore

JDN

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 08:21:50 AM »

Is there a formation to allow both Richman and Watmore to play, cos they both deserve starting places for me.

That would be playing 4 3 3 having rogers behind moult and richman and having clee and Watmore either side of reeves leaving out lawrie not saying that be my team but less odd than dropping Watmore
dropping Watmore is the oddest thing, I have ever heard. Some people astound me!

You can be sure the Boston defenders would have had a sleepless night last night........but will be visably bouyed if they see Watmore not playing

markecky

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 08:43:06 AM »

dropping Watmore is the oddest thing, I have ever heard. Some people astound me!

You can be sure the Boston defenders would have had a sleepless night last night........but will be visably bouyed if they see Watmore not playing

I don't think its quite as astounding as you make out but I'm sure you're right about the Boston players.

The manager will have had them watched and I'm sure this will also come into his thinking as well.

I think he'll play him though.

JDN

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 11:01:07 AM »

It may be logical in this type of game to try to keep it tight, but we just don't have the players to do that

We need to play to our strengths, and a fast paced attacking start has been a key factor in our success so far this season

markecky

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 11:10:26 AM »

It may be logical in this type of game to try to keep it tight, but we just don't have the players to do that

We need to play to our strengths, and a fast paced attacking start has been a key factor in our success so far this season

Can't argue with that.

jacksparrow

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 11:24:37 AM »

Whats the best form of defence ? got to be Watmore for me !
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Boston