PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New players
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New players  (Read 5283 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New players
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »

I don't think there is much point in talking about new players, until we have a new manager.

Indeed, and lets face it anyone who does sign the chances are many of us will never have heard of them or are on the way down and out.

I am feeling pesimisitic today  :(

No need to feel pesimestic mate, the club have just signed a fantastic new sponsorship deal, with maybe more to come on the score, A new manager is set to come in and has the choice to either work with a blank canvas, or build around a spine of a side that shouldnot  really have been relegated from the conference. We must remember that a lot of these lads that play for us now, play because they want to be/it suits them to be, part time.More and more clubs are going full time/3 days a week training. Money isnt always the motivation when you have a day job. If we could build a squad around coburn,Brown,lawton,connors,danylyk,clee,reeves,johnson,twiss, plus maybe densmore who is in the middle of a uni course,and if dens does move on we will get a fee for him anyway being under 24 and an international.I would disagree with Anyone that telsl me that base of a team wouldnt be within a great chance of being up near the top. 

Also Marc Joesph, now has a day job, Denham runs his own busines, Williams has a day job.Thats one advatage we do have,relegation doesnt mean we have to revert to part time and they all end up out of a job.Its as you were really, it depends wether they will agree to less "pocket money" The pluses for them is  less travelling,and less time away from home,back in time get on the piss very saturday night if so desired.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »

If we could build a squad around coburn,Brown,lawton,connors,danylyk,clee,reeves,johnson,twiss, plus maybe densmore who is in the middle of a uni course,and if dens does move on we will get a fee for him anyway being under 24 and an international.I would disagree with Anyone that telsl me that base of a team wouldnt be within a great chance of being up near the top. 

Also Marc Joesph, now has a day job, Denham runs his own busines, Williams has a day job.Thats one advatage we do have,relegation doesnt mean we have to revert to part time and they all end up out of a job.Its as you were really, it depends wether they will agree to less "pocket money" The pluses for them is  less travelling,and less time away from home,back in time get on the piss very saturday night if so desired.

Understand what you're saying, but how realistic is that lot staying? Was Ken's departure just down to backroom staff not being kept or also players not staying on? I don't know and I suppose it's all just idle speculation at this point.....which allows a mind malnourished of facts to run riot.....oh for the sweet taste of concrete news
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »

On a positive note we wont have to go to that Fkn bombsite that is Rockingham Road  next season...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »

On a positive note we wont have to go to that Fkn bombsite that is Rockingham Road  next season...

Don't be so sure. If Kettering are kicked out at the AGM due to their lease problems they may end up back in BSN with us   :(
Come on Alty!

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 07:18:18 PM »

Not Kettering maybe but .....

Corby Town Football Club,
Rockingham Road, 
Corby,
Northamptonshire,
NN17 2AE

RocketDan

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 08:14:32 PM »

I'd like to see a 100% commission based wage.

I'm not sure about wages budgets/structure, but a wage of £100 per point would be a great idea. If they all put in a decent 90 minutes they could easily walk away with £300 most week.

Anyone who accepts it is clearly up for the challenge and is a winner, anyone who doesn't clearly doesn't have the self belief in their own ability and is looking for an easy pay check.

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 08:17:53 PM »

I'd like to see a 100% commission based wage.

I'm not sure about wages budgets/structure, but a wage of £100 per point would be a great idea. If they all put in a decent 90 minutes they could easily walk away with £300 most week.

Anyone who accepts it is clearly up for the challenge and is a winner, anyone who doesn't clearly doesn't have the self belief in their own ability and is looking for an easy pay check.

As much as I cant see that happening, that is a class idea and i'd love to see it implemented.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 08:25:12 PM »

Its a great idea,however human nature dictates that if alty offer the above,and club b offer 250 a week win lose or draw 90% of footballers would join club b
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New players