News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Update on the assaulted stewards

Author Topic: Update on the assaulted stewards  (Read 3812 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »

Just to let you all know one has received a broken nose whilist on duty at last night game and the other has a swollen right hand.
I know you all have been quick to condone the actions of a minority of York fans i think some of the Altrincham fans need to take a hard
look at themselves that there behaviour didn't help matters especially the one stood on the wall.
The matter with the stewards is now being dealt with by Greater Manchster police so i cannot comment any further
If anyone has any information or witnessed the stewards being assaulted pm on here.

Darren Gregory
@AltyDaz

taxi Phil

Re: Update on the assaulted stewards
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 09:44:53 PM »

Hope both victims soon recover. We sometimes forget what a thankless task you and your merry men (and women) fulfil for the club. Sometimes when I get to away games (not that often alas) the standards of stewarding are so much lower than those to which we are accustomed, and which, I suspect we often take for granted.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:47:14 PM »

9 times out of ten i walk round to the other end with the stoppage time to go i must be getting old hope they get better soon
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »

Hope both victims soon recover. We sometimes forget what a thankless task you and your merry men (and women) fulfil for the club. Sometimes when I get to away games (not that often alas) the standards of stewarding are so much lower than those to which we are accustomed, and which, I suspect we often take for granted.

Seconded

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:47:24 AM »

thirded...although at alty I think we do appreciate our volunteers contributions more than at other clubs who maybe take it for granted.

no excuses for assault no matter what the provocation although having been a steward I understand the point darren is making about trying to control away fans when your own fans are winding them up...just needs a bit of thought when things are getting out of hand.

basil falty

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 08:23:17 AM »

Shame about the steward if he has a broken nose- That is well out of order and we have to be partly to blame.

Without sounding too much like a boring old fart, we can't claim to not be a set of fans who don't have any trouble makers of we take the piss too much,

It's a line between a few boy band ultras and a set of proper nutters from Barrow, Luton or Stockport next season coming in our side

Great support but need to think about the stewards

Thanks,

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 08:39:32 AM »

Darren

As an ex steward myself, I really hope that the two ex colleagues are ok and not too traumatised by their experience. I assume this took place in the sterile area between the home/away ends.

I was not at the game V York as Alex and I were in Newcastle visiting Chris at University but am very sorry and also angry to hear what happened to my ex colleagues. I hope you will push for punishment for the perpetrators in conjunction with the two clubs. You are volunteers at the end of the day, giving your services for free and should not have to put up with this sort of behaviour from anybody, and be free to carry out your duties without this sort of thing happening.

Please pass on my best regards to all of you, in particular the stewards who were trying to carry out their duties in their usual exemplary manner.

I do stand in that area on our side of the ground when we kick that way and know about the banter that exists between home and away fans. Many times the banter is really funny, but not when somebody gets injured in their line of duty. I will not comment any further as I was not at the game to witness any of it, but I am sure this is just an isolated incident which nevertheless should not have happened.

chris888

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 04:30:48 PM »

scruffy little toe rags. hope they get what is coming to them, stewards shouldn't have to put up with this, in all honesty, i wish the stewards weren't there and allowed them through, if they cant take banter, don't go to away games and DO NOT hit stewards, as i said, hope they get what is coming to them, sorry to hear about the stewards.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 08:28:08 PM »

i wish the stewards weren't there and allowed them through

What?

bumble

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 09:05:51 PM »

I honestly know how chris feels - in all honesty i understand fans have banter - but to pick on two young kids (12ish) shouting YOURE DADS GOT CANCER ect.. for most of the game (because they couldnt think of some comeback for the older lads)

chris888

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 09:06:28 AM »

i wish the stewards weren't there and allowed them through

What?

yes i would have rather let them through, throwing stones and insulting vulnerable and younger members of the crowd, as someone put on a previous thread, might have taught them a lesson..

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 09:28:06 AM »

Its time to take back the terraces!!!

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 06:12:24 PM »

I supplied some information to Darren but no response. Did you get my message Darren?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 07:00:03 PM »

I supplied some information to Darren but no response. Did you get my message Darren?

Yes and i replied mate but will do it again

Thank you
@AltyDaz

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 07:06:01 PM »

Yes and i replied mate but will do it again

Thank you

Jenga i have sent you a pm

Darren
@AltyDaz
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team