PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A terrible dose of FA trophy fever
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A terrible dose of FA trophy fever  (Read 4501 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A terrible dose of FA trophy fever
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 06:27:54 PM »

Still the final will play havoc with our playoff final preparations  ;)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

tottenham alty

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »

At risk of multiple Peakes... I'm never sure why people get that excited about the FA Trophy... OK so there is some non-league bragging rights and a trip to Wembley at stake, but there is next to no coverage of this competition in the national press, and it would appear nobody outside non-league (and dare I say it many of the ex-league teams) cares.

Fine its not the CSC, but what do people see in it??

Seriously?

You could say the same for league games in terms of national coverage?

Are you saying we should try if the games got a couple of lines in the Daily Star

The day we think we are to big for the FA Trophy will be a sad one.  We never ever will be.

I'm not saying that we should allow media coverage to dictate how we approach a competition, but for me I always feel more excited with the FA Cup because we  have the opportunity to get attention outside the non-league circle.

I take the very good points about the money involved and that, along with Wembley, have I suppose answered my question.

But what game would get you going more, a packed Moss Lane for a third round tie against a league team that will prob be televised and gain nationwide media coverage, or playing the FA Trophy final in a quarter-full Wembley.

Yes its a chance for silverware, but wouldn't we trade in our FA Trohphy wins for all the league scalps we have taken over the years?

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 06:30:06 PM »

I've seen us play at Wembley twice and will probably remember those days for the rest of my life.

Bring on this years competition, it really is our FA cup.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 06:38:03 PM »

Saturday is a very big game for our club......the prize money alone gives us five thousand reasons to be very interested!

jimmyhank

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »

I've had the pleasure of watching Alty at Wembley and it's a fantastic experience. All the plus points have been mentioned in this thread. If the players cannot get motivated for a run in a competition that leads to Wembley then there's a serious problem somewhere. Needless to say that the potential to generate income will, at the least, allow us to consolidate our status as a BSP team and hopefully act as a springboard for greater things.

Jezza

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 09:41:23 AM »

We are out of the FA Cup and a trophy run even just to the semis would make up for the FA cup disappointment this year....they are as important as each other, and as a fan, I would swap any of those cup upsets against wigan, chester for example for a day at wembley.

Obviously the Birmingham win was special and worth going out of the trophy early for.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 12:12:12 PM »

You cannot beat the Trophy trail.

A competition that we can win.

We are not going to win the FA Cup or the Conference Championship so it is highest thing we have.

My first game was a Trophy Semi in 1982, it certainly got me hooked.

I went to Wembley on the 13th May 1986 (my 12th Birthday) and you don't get a better day than that, I just wish I could have another one now I am old enough to have a couple of light refreshments en route  ;)

Come on lads let's have a wee Trophy buzz about the place again.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 10:52:07 PM »

Not sure I can make this now.. Bloody typical as it is the nearest BSP ground to our house... (no I'm not welsh nor do I ive in Wales)
 ;) :D

May be able to be there on Saturday now after all
Cmon Alty
 :D

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 09:38:45 PM »

I love the Trophy,even if it showed me how annoying it would be being an Alty fan (the 5-0 at Kiddy in my first season).We know we have the quality,all need to do is show it for 6 games and a day out at Wembley,and a shot at silverware.

I will be going, but on reserve list for coach. If I'm not on coach,will be driving, so if anyone needs a lift give us a shout.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

markecky

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 10:07:40 PM »

I love the Trophy,even if it showed me how annoying it would be being an Alty fan (the 5-0 at Kiddy in my first season).We know we have the quality,all need to do is show it for 6 games and a day out at Wembley,and a shot at silverware.

I will be going, but on reserve list for coach. If I'm not on coach,will be driving, so if anyone needs a lift give us a shout.

Nasha you legend.  Will message you mate.  Need big favours...
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A terrible dose of FA trophy fever