PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves to luton?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Reeves to luton?  (Read 5752 times)

Alex

Re: Reeves to luton?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 04:01:38 AM »

I think in a similar vain to Rhodes at huddersfield we can keep Damian as long as we show him we are a competitve forward thinking club that will be competing at the highest possible level. So if we finish the season in the top 3 or 4 I am confident he will still be here for a title push next season, however if we don't find a good replacement for redshaw (if he goes) and end up missing out on the play offs I can see him going testing the market (he'd be stupid not to).

Always knew he would be a good goal scorer for us and from the moment he tore us apart for farsley on that wet and cold night in west yorkshire I said we should sign him and he hasn't proved my thinking wrong. Shame we didn't sign him when we had col as that would have been a deadly strike force

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »

I think in a similar vain to Rhodes at huddersfield we can keep Damian as long as we show him we are a competitve forward thinking club that will be competing at the highest possible level. So if we finish the season in the top 3 or 4 I am confident he will still be here for a title push next season, however if we don't find a good replacement for redshaw (if he goes) and end up missing out on the play offs I can see him going testing the market (he'd be stupid not to).

If we finish in the top 3 or 4 we would hope to be promoted this season not come back for more next?
Same as last time we got promoted.

markecky

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 08:04:49 AM »

This is one bloke talking on a Luton hooligan forum, it shouldn't really be taken that they have put in a bid.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 10:58:03 AM »

Always knew he would be a good goal scorer for us and from the moment he tore us apart for farsley on that wet and cold night in west yorkshire I said we should sign him and he hasn't proved my thinking wrong. Shame we didn't sign him when we had col as that would have been a deadly strike force

Christ it was a cold night, had to leave the match early to catch the train home.  Got speaking to another Alty fan on the way home whilst drying out  :)

joe

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »

Did he not get sent off after about half an hour of that cold,wet night at Farsley for elbowing Darren Tinson? Damien has moved down south before and didnt settle. His career record suggests he finds it hard to settle at clubs and he has only really excelled at Farsley and Moss Lane so hopefully he'll stay where he's happy and enjoying his football.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »

I think in was Lane who got his nose busted.
Full time and proud of it

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 12:44:10 PM »

From a club perspective, if we can only get £10-15k and Damian is happy to stay for now then we should keep hold of him. The potential financial benefits if we were to (dare I say it) get promoted are far greater than £15k.
Come on Alty!

Alex

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 02:05:44 PM »

Did he not get sent off after about half an hour of that cold,wet night at Farsley for elbowing Darren Tinson?

Indeed he did and a colective sigh of releif was had by all alty fans in attendance, its the fact that he only played 30 mins of the game and had clearly been  the best player on the pitch by miles causing us all sorts of panic in defence that made me think 'thank god he didn't play for the full 90'

whopper

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »

Christ how depressing will it be to lose redshaw and reeves in this window, i mean at least we had a decent full season with young kearney senior etc before they left, yesterday we were conference level going forward imo a joy to watch   

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 04:04:43 PM »

Christ how depressing will it be to lose redshaw and reeves in this window, i mean at least we had a decent full season with young kearney senior etc before they left, yesterday we were conference level going forward imo a joy to watch   

I thought that you wanted a Winter football break though....?!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves to luton?