PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 McCarthy Goes
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: McCarthy Goes  (Read 6606 times)

Froz

Re: McCarthy Goes
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 08:19:01 PM »

this day just keeps getting better and better, roll on Hayes and Yeading, COME ON ALTY

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 08:20:29 PM »

Sorry to see him go - although I have to agree he needs time that we haven't got. BUT........

Where are we going to pick up players who are already the finished article on our limited budget ?

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »

Have to see this as a positive move, I really like Jimmy Mc as a player but his impact has not been enough for what we need right now.

Would rather Kenny keeps trying to bring in loaners who may make a bigger impact from the offset, he might just turn up a gem next.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »

I can't see that McCarthy was on decent money, so I can't see it frees up much in the way of funds.

Thought he had good potential and am miffed he's gone.

The only two players who will be on a good wedge and non-contract are Coburn and Lawton I think. Coburn ain't going any where but it would not surprise me if Lawton went.

I cant believe you made that statement...

We could have done with him on Sat against Gateshead

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 08:42:36 PM »

I'm quite sad really as he has ability and certainly tried. Best wishes Jimmy for the future. It's just a pity we dont have time for you to find your feet at this level.  :)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 08:52:38 PM »

I can't see that McCarthy was on decent money, so I can't see it frees up much in the way of funds.

Thought he had good potential and am miffed he's gone.

The only two players who will be on a good wedge and non-contract are Coburn and Lawton I think. Coburn ain't going any where but it would not surprise me if Lawton went.

I cant believe you made that statement...

We could have done with him on Sat against Gateshead

I didn't say I wanted him to go, but that it would not suprise me.
Full time and proud of it

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 09:01:16 PM »

We're going down aren't we?

We're seven points from safety with a game in hand. Although we won't be troubling the top half of the table, I wouldn't exactly say we are doomed either. We're playing a massive 6 pointer on Saturday and I am confident Kenny can turn things around.

There are still 93 more points to play for this season!
Come on Alty!

brian1925

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 09:13:36 PM »

Matty Crowell is on contract, so presumably he'll stay. I think Robbie and Welchy are vulnerable at the moment, particularly the latter. Shame about Jimmy Mac, but I must agree that we simply didn't have the luxury of time to keep him. God, I hope Holsgrove plays a blinder at Hyde.

Looking at the squad now, things seem to be getting a little brighter. If we could get Youngy back and Crowell out, we'd all be pretty optimistic about our chances of survival.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:24:16 PM by brian1925 »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 12:17:04 AM »

While there is an argument to keep him, we don't really have the time to wait and see.

If he couldn't score in that Kidderminster game, I wonder if he ever would.

Absolutely spot on.

Missed two sitters that day...and didn't impress me in any other games, to be honest.

We will not avoid relegation from this league by fielding players of his limited calibre.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

VofD

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 09:57:23 AM »

The correct decision. Little glimpses of skill but no goal scoring threat at all.

Spot on.

I don't think any manager would get rid of Robbie Lawton. 

His fitness and drive and determination make up for the fact that he is sometimes going to make a square pass right to the oppositions feet.  I suspect he is a good guy to have around the dressing room as well, certainly his programme notes always make a lot of sense to me.

give away needless penalties >:( >:( >:(

radcliffe alty

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »

Let's not forget the (hopefully) imminent return of a fit Matty Doughty.

Whilst we shouldn't expect miracles from him early on, it's the old cliche - but it WILL be like a new signing at the back for us and WILL improve us.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »

we will be in the black,but have no players on our books at all at this rate.Think the old boys section on the main site will be larger than the current squad soon.
Harold

Dougals Dad

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 01:10:48 PM »

we will be in the black,but have no players on our books at all at this rate.Think the old boys section on the main site will be larger than the current squad soon.

:D

McCarthy has great potential, but we currently don't have time for potential at the mo. Would have preferred to see him go out on loan tho.

lukealty12

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 02:44:33 PM »

A new striker must surely be on the way? Were with only reeves and twiss at the moment and really only reeves fit.

62vintage

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 06:42:48 PM »

I was hoping to see McCarthy play alongside Twiss, I think it would have been a good partnership. Nevermind, good luck Jim am sorry you could`nt stay longer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 McCarthy Goes