PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturdays match
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Saturdays match  (Read 8381 times)

slips_wfc

Re: Saturdays match
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 09:15:27 AM »

I think we'll win this one. Weymouth are mediocre and we will be encouraged by recent performances. 3-1
Crowd might hit 1000
Mediocre?  Depends how you look at t.  Sure we're well in the bottom half of the table, but our away form over the past month reads P4 W4 D0 L0 F9 A0

A superb run which is bound to end some time.  Hopefully not tomorrow as we need to avoid defeat against those few teams currntly below us in the league.  Confidence is high following last week's cup success, but you always seems to do well against us.  That said I predict we'll win 1-0 with Beavon the scorer.

Won't be there myself but here's to a good game anyway. We always enjoy games with Alty and enjoy a good camaraderie with Alty fans.

(Correction to the earlier post regarding Basham - he left Oxford in the summer and now plays for Exeter).

louise1925

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 10:01:04 AM »

Didn't mean to sound offensive slips. I still think you guys are there for the taking though. We need the points desperately and I just can't see you being all that up for it. I rarely go for an Alty win, but one does have to come some time...

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2007, 12:23:42 PM »

1-1 Att 973 Tesco's and Sainsbury forced to close because everyone.s gone to Aldi. Anyone guess who officially opened Aldi today?
It was the one and only Graham Heathcote
@AltyDaz

slips_wfc

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 12:24:59 PM »

You weren't sounding offensive at all Louise, but I think you are in for a much harder game than you might think.  Not only have we won our last four away without conceding a goal, but we've only lost one of our last nine on the road - and that to an injury time goal at Torquay.

One thing's for sure - neither side will be happy with a draw, so it should be a lot more exciting than the corresponding fixture last season.

0-0 it is then!!!  ;D

markecky

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 12:32:23 PM »

1-1 Att 973 Tesco's and Sainsbury forced to close because everyone.s gone to Aldi. Anyone guess who officially opened Aldi today?

If it was, that has to be the least publicised event of all time!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 12:44:41 PM »

Alty 3 Weymouth 2 - Iannone after 4 mins for Weymouth, 3 deflected goals for Barry Whitbread and a late goal back for the Terras
Att: 2500
or

Alty 2 Weymouth 1 - Joe Flaherty nets a late winner.  Att: 1600

slips_wfc

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 02:22:24 PM »

Alty 3 Weymouth 2 - Iannone after 4 mins for Weymouth, 3 deflected goals for Barry Whitbread and a late goal back for the Terras
Att: 2500
I was at that one!  Thought we were gonna win the league when we score in the 4th minute - but knew we weren't by half-time. :(  For the record our second goal was scored by Graham Roberts - later to lift the UEFA Cup for Tottenham.

My only other visit to Moss Lane was for the Bob Lord trophy semi-final second leg which we won 4-2 after being 2-0 down.  The only time I've ever been ejected from a football ground - I ran on the pitch to celebrate our third goal with the players!!! :-[

Alex

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 02:24:23 PM »

(Correction to the earlier post regarding Basham - he left Oxford in the summer and now plays for Exeter).

Beavon, bashem same thing  :D either way he will now score a hat trick just so i remember his name  :'(

slips_wfc

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 03:02:35 PM »

Beavon, bashem same thing  :D either way he will now score a hat trick just so i remember his name  :'(
Here's hoping!  ;)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2007, 05:15:36 PM »

I think we'll win this one. Weymouth are mediocre and we will be encouraged by recent performances. 3-1
Crowd might hit 1000

I dream of us being mediocre....!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RocketDan

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2007, 05:52:15 PM »

why would anyone chose GH to open a supermarket, clearly kevin from coronation street would have been a better option

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »

why would anyone chose GH to open a supermarket, clearly kevin from coronation street would have been a better option
No idea? Maybe because they only employ part time staff except for the manager ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 06:38:20 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

James Black

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 12:38:05 AM »

Alty to win 3-1. the real alty fans will be at moss lane this week the glory supporters will have gone and crawled back under the rock where they came from waiting for the nxt time alty fc have a big day alty till i die come on the robins

thegazelle

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 01:33:48 AM »

the meister has spoken but where do we stand on vegetables

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 01:07:06 PM »

the meister has spoken but where do we stand on vegetables

I used to like to stand on a base of aubergines whenever I visited Matlock.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturdays match