News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thats more like it

Author Topic: Thats more like it  (Read 3537 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Thats more like it
« on: August 25, 2008, 02:45:09 PM »

lots better today full of fight  and spirit still think senior should have stayed on and litte off for denham johnson  didnt seen bothered today
.i also must say that mac played brill  today i was critical about his height afer sats game i take it all back after today
.But what happend to the alty fans where were they ,not a good turnout by us

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Thats more like it
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 03:08:32 PM »

Perhaps people staying away because of all the negativety on Saturday? Also alot of people away.

Agree that Johnson was a waste of space and needs to show more heart. Little Denham and senior up front could have snook it at the end.

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 03:11:36 PM »

I honestly think a lot of floating fans will have been caught out by the early kick-off. Also, quite a few people had to work today which didn't help.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 04:52:39 PM »

I honestly think a lot of floating fans will have been caught out by the early kick-off. Also, quite a few people had to work today which didn't help.

It didnt seem to affect the wrexham following thiough.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 05:10:12 PM »

Who's to say they wouldn't have brought even more if the game had kicked off at the proper time? I'm sure some of their fans had to work as well. It just happens that they have a lot of fans and you therefore don't notice as much when a few of them are missing.

joe

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 07:35:47 AM »

Some very harsh comments about Dale Johnson. I thought he did well when he came on,won a few headers and certainly didn't stand out as poor compared to the rest of the team.

The Fan

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 08:38:37 AM »

Some very harsh comments about Dale Johnson. I thought he did well when he came on,won a few headers and certainly didn't stand out as poor compared to the rest of the team.

Agree 110%.

When the substitutions were made there were several Alan Hansens in the crowd shouting at GH. Very bizarre !!!!!!!!!!!
It was very obvious that we were consistantly giving the ball away and inviting them onto us again. Whilst Little and Senior worked hard, their ability to hold the ball up or win a header is not a strength.

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 10:45:35 AM »

Every player played a part in yesterdays fabulous result including Dale Johnson, who brought a different type of game to Wrexham's massive centre halves. They must have wondered how to defend against Chris Senior's running off the ball, Chris Denham's dribbling and then Dale Johnson's strength in the air. We're not going to struggle for goals this season - it's at the back where we seem to have some issues. Having said that, I thought Batters looked really solid at right back and should perhaps be given a run of games. McGregor and Young are looking more confident now, though I'm still not wholly convinced. The best player for me was Danylykk (probably spelt wrong) - every pass was perfect! Well done to all the players and management and ffs can we stop having a go at Warren Peyton from now on - the guy gives everything and can be effective at this level as the last two home games have shown.

Longman

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »

Every player played a part in yesterdays fabulous result including Dale Johnson, who brought a different type of game to Wrexham's massive centre halves. They must have wondered how to defend against Chris Senior's running off the ball, Chris Denham's dribbling and then Dale Johnson's strength in the air. We're not going to struggle for goals this season - it's at the back where we seem to have some issues. Having said that, I thought Batters looked really solid at right back and should perhaps be given a run of games. McGregor and Young are looking more confident now, though I'm still not wholly convinced. The best player for me was Danylykk (probably spelt wrong) - every pass was perfect! Well done to all the players and management and ffs can we stop having a go at Warren Peyton from now on - the guy gives everything and can be effective at this level as the last two home games have shown.

Agree completely about Danylyk, i've been going on about him for the last couple of games, he is committed and does the simple things very well indeed, bar a couple of stray passes yesterday he was fantastic!

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 12:43:04 PM »

I have heard some amazing comments from people stood to close to me. In fact I ended up talking to someone stood on the other side me who also heard these comments and we discussed them for a few minutes.

1) Danylyk is f****** s***.
2) Why take Senior and Little off, Senior is running the game.
3) GH your a f****** idiot
4) This is f****** sh*t

Well in response to these comments:-

1) Danylyk I think has been excellent and has played very well deserving to be named each game at present.
2) Both were not doing much and not holding the balling up although were full of running and tiring fast.
3) With a strong defence and a strong midfield supporting the defence there is no way he should have changed the midfield and brought Dneham on in midfield. Why change a working formula when we have had problems the last few weeks. Change the team up front hold onto the ball and take pressure off the defence.
4) I think GH got it spot on. We did all discuss the team before the game and considered GH had lost the plot. He set his stall out well and it worked. So well done GH on the tactics for this one.

Longman

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 12:58:18 PM »

Whoever is saying Danylyk is sh*t clearly doesn't know the game very well.

It's the little bits that he does so well, like getting a last minute foot in to prevent a shot, or being a nuisance and intercepting an oppostion attacking move.  He is tenacious and gives 100 percent, he also uses the ball wisely and plays the way he's facing if he's in trouble, rather then trying to so something stupid and lose possession.

Also, how good is it when Denham gets the ball and runs at defenders, creates all sorts of openings for us, just wish he'd get his head up a bit earlier sometimes!

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »

Personally I thought Johnson played okay, won some flicks-on which is basically what he had been brought on to do. I didn't think Denham was great, needed to get his head up more and deliver a better final product, but I thought both Johnson and Denham looked up for it and there's no doubt in my mind they were giving their all.

I'll never understand these people who think that if someone has an off-day then it must inevitably be because they aren't 'up for it', or even more idiotically 'there was no passion'. Just accept that we played okay, everyone was trying, and it was a decent point!

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 02:05:50 PM »

I just wish someone would take a gamble from time to time on Johnsons flicks and run through hoping he will get the flick on rather than waiting for it.

tonybrads

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 07:00:45 PM »

jenga i wonder if your mate who stands behind the goal comes on the forum. a few more people wanted to hit him on monday hes starting to get to me now lol

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 09:16:16 PM »

Just accept that we played okay, everyone was trying, and it was a decent point!

Agree with that on most parts, but come on it was more than just a decent point! Alty v Wrexham in the league is a mismatch, any point for us against them is a fantastic one, about the match i thought our second half performance was top draw, we came out of the blocks fast and although they had there expected possesion and chances i thought we were the better team.

Also i thought denham was good when he came on, won us free kicks and scared there defence, and after going to kiddy and watching the s***e we had to offer there, the players really responded well and it proves we have what it takes to more than compete with the very big guns in our league. Proud.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thats more like it