PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BE GENTLE ON US TOMMOROW
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: BE GENTLE ON US TOMMOROW  (Read 3839 times)

oxford

BE GENTLE ON US TOMMOROW
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »

Good win last week, and no doubt again Saturday, against our incumbants. Just don't go saying boo as they come onto the field, it frightens them. Our great manager, him in charge pulled another masterstroke on Friday signing a journeyman who has scored twice in twenty games
Anyway once you get to double figures at least let us get a shot somewhere near on target. :'(

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: BE GENTLE ON US TOMMOROW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 10:34:05 PM »

A big ask for us to win at your place.

You still have alot more points than us. I hope we win, but I will not be upset if we loose.

Must be frustrating this year after looking so strong last year?

yusmad

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:02:35 PM »

We haven't looked strong since the end of Nov 2006.Since then we have played like a mid-table team, apart from the last ten games when we have played like a struggling team gaining 12pts.

So i'm predicting a close game, with perhaphs just one goal being scored.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 11:08:04 PM »

U could be right, looks like both our top scorers are out through suspension and the flu.

Although a win might get us out of the relegation zone.

A close game could be on the cards. I will say 1-1

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 11:17:38 PM »

A close game could be on the cards. I will say 1-1

That's my prediction too

Alex

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 11:41:21 PM »

i'll go with 3-2 oxford (you still have yemi don't you? the diving, cheating, but annoyingly good so and so)

in truth yh we beat vics who are below us in the league and in truth are at our sort of level but not too long ago we were on the end of a 5-1 drubbing by a team at the top of the league. i think this will be a though game away from home and think a draw should be welcomed as if it was 3pts but i go hoping for the best. i just carn't forget how we looked good for a draw at home to oxford earlier in the season then got beat 3-1.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 11:44:05 PM by The Duke »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 11:46:20 PM »

Can I just put on record, I think we could and might win this game, in a very Alty type way.I would however be very happy with another point on the road,we will catch farsley eventually.

yusmad

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 12:09:01 AM »

i'll go with 3-2 oxford (you still have yemi don't you? the diving, cheating, but annoyingly good so and so)

in truth yh we beat vics who are below us in the league and in truth are at our sort of level but not too long ago we were on the end of a 5-1 drubbing by a team at the top of the league. i think this will be a though game away from home and think a draw should be welcomed as if it was 3pts but i go hoping for the best. i just carn't forget how we looked good for a draw at home to oxford earlier in the season then got beat 3-1.

Yemi has been dire all season and has not scored for 16 games, except 1 pen. I very much doubt we'll score 3 as we have only managed to find the net twice in the last ten games.But our defence is solid.

We have got a new striker and midfield player, but i'll be over the moon if we score to be quite honest.

James Black

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 12:14:07 AM »

with the players we have brought in the lst five days i believe we can win this. asked GH when getting me ticket who farsley had tomorrow said he didn't know can anyone inform us good luck to both teams tomorrow, even trhough i hope an alty win is the conclusion but another point wouldn't be a disapointment

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 12:16:53 AM »

James! Its past your bed time! Go to bed!

Alex

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 12:18:14 AM »

Yemi has been dire all season and has not scored for 16 games, except 1 pen. I very much doubt we'll score 3 as we have only managed to find the net twice in the last ten games.But our defence is solid.

We have got a new striker and midfield player, but i'll be over the moon if we score to be quite honest.

trust me yemi will have the game of his life tommorrow always seems to look good against us i just hope our new lads can settle down early and then we could be on for a very interesting game. i know it sounds clique but as the home team i give you the advantage i hope as much as every other alty fan that we get a result and think it could be possible it's just i've misplaced ma rosetinted specs that would have me saying 5-0 alty.

Longman

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 12:21:43 AM »

with the players we have brought in the lst five days i believe we can win this. asked GH when getting me ticket who farsley had tomorrow said he didn't know can anyone inform us good luck to both teams tomorrow, even trhough i hope an alty win is the conclusion but another point wouldn't be a disapointment

First of all you can easily check on either the Blue Square Premier site or the BBC site under non league football, but in answe to your question they have Histon at home.  Also if that is the case I find it a little concerning that our manager doesn't know who our fellow relegation rivals have got tomorrow, does anyone else?

Reading Robin

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 12:31:37 AM »

Not really, refreshing if anything.  He shouldn't me looking for other teams to slip up, especially at this stage.  Concentrate on our own preparation, then check the scores afterwards.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 12:36:03 AM »

Agree to concentrating on own team.

James Black

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 12:42:10 AM »

im not shore ur approach to a game can also depend on other teams opponents if ur playing a team having a bad time of it like oxford and the team that u are trying to knock off there perch then the way u play a game can hing on that. 4 example histon r miles up the table where as oxford r unpredictable then in a way we should have the better chance of collecting more points. i don't think this makes sence again oh well
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BE GENTLE ON US TOMMOROW