PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kiddy highlights from May 1994
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kiddy highlights from May 1994  (Read 5497 times)

Jimmy

Re: Kiddy highlights from May 1994
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 11:23:14 PM »

Dyson got a goal in the 5-2 at farnbrough

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 11:24:28 PM »

Possibly, I remember Hayde, France, Saunders And Tunna scoring but not the 5th. Don't think it was Ogley though and certainly not the goal I'm thinking about.

Also, flynny is it true that Paul Dobson nearly became an Altrincham player on more than one occasion?

Possibly, but not that I was aware of.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 12:29:35 AM »

Also, flynny is it true that Paul Dobson nearly became an Altrincham player on more than one occasion?

Excerpt from page 7 of Kingdom Come by Mark Harris:

"After a 2-1 defeat at Gateshead (2nd February 1994)....Rowlands made a daring bid for the Geordies' leading scorer Paul Dobson, rumoured to be unhappy at the International Stadium.

Nothing ever came of the move but such a proven goalscorer might yet have proved Robins' - and the manager's - salvation."

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 12:34:53 AM »

What a pity that review doesn't contain any footage of our 1-0 victory over Kidderminster at Moss Lane earlier that season and, in particular, the winning goal courtesy of Mark Ogley's punt from his own half.

I can't recall the home result the previous year but we had at least 3 one nil wins over Harriers in 2 seasons there.

I can tell you where else Mark Ogley scores for Alty though (his only other goal I think).

Go...

I think that we drew 2-2 against Kiddy at home in 1992/3.I'm pretty sure Mick Carmody scored (his first goal for Alty, I think) & we were 2-0 up.

Correct on all counts, Father Flynn.

That game took place three days after our 1-1 draw at Chester City in the FA Cup First Round.

Clive Freeman was our other goalscorer on that night.

The principal reason that I recall that particular fixture is that it happened to fall on my birthday.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 12:42:17 AM »

What a pity that review doesn't contain any footage of our 1-0 victory over Kidderminster at Moss Lane earlier that season and, in particular, the winning goal courtesy of Mark Ogley's punt from his own half.

I can tell you where else Mark Ogley scores for Alty though (his only other goal I think).

Go...

Ogley scored his first goal for Alty in a 2-1 defeat at Telford United in October 1992.

His second goal for the club occurred in a 2-1 defeat at Welling United in September 1993.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 07:21:21 AM »

Telford was the one I was thinking of, turned the ball in at the near post at the big uncovered end as it then was.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kiddy highlights from May 1994