News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It's now six hours and 30 minutes since our last league goal at Moss Lane

Author Topic: It's now six hours and 30 minutes since our last league goal at Moss Lane  (Read 2216 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

And that was Michael Twiss' lob against Fleetwood Town way back on 16th October 2010.

And therein lies our major problem.

Somebody give Ken McKenna a magic wand to help him find us some new blood up front!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile

I know you you are a positive guy Cult, but can you stop pointing at the negatives at our season so far. Yes,we could have had 1 or 2 goals today, but since we scored that goal against Fleetwood, we have conceded against Luton and Wimbledon (fair enough), got a solid draw against Wrexham, and lets be honest, after the last 3 league games,it was one of those games where nothing would go the way of our strikers (notice I said strikers,not LB and LW who had our best chances today in Beesley and Piergianni)

I am sure the drought will stop on Tuesday. My worry with Hayes is not if we score,but if we can keep them out with the money they have suddenly got (I am presuming they have the wages to pay Louis and Wright)
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

jamestimperleyrobin

And that was Michael Twiss' lob against Fleetwood Town way back on 16th October 2010.

And therein lies our major problem.

Somebody give Ken McKenna a magic wand to help him find us some new blood up front!

I have already asked my coach to ask his good mate Febian Brandy if he's intrested in joining.

DAB @ ALTY

The stats show that we had one shot on target against Bath,we just seem
to give opposing keepers the easiest of days when they visit Moss Lane.I
was feeling a little more confident with all the home games that we still have
to come but after Saturday if we don't go for it in front of goal then I fear
the worst.

fuertes

I know you you are a positive guy Cult, but can you stop pointing at the negatives at our season so far. Yes,we could have had 1 or 2 goals today, but since we scored that goal against Fleetwood, we have conceded against Luton and Wimbledon (fair enough), got a solid draw against Wrexham, and lets be honest, after the last 3 league games,it was one of those games where nothing would go the way of our strikers (notice I said strikers,not LB and LW who had our best chances today in Beesley and Piergianni)

I am sure the drought will stop on Tuesday. My worry with Hayes is not if we score,but if we can keep them out with the money they have suddenly got (I am presuming they have the wages to pay Louis and Wright)

Couldn't agree more. I know this can be a frustrating game, but actively trying to dampen everyone's spirits at every opportunity (especially when we've seen some improvement) seems a bit off.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Couldn't agree more. I know this can be a frustrating game, but actively trying to dampen everyone's spirits at every opportunity (especially when we've seen some improvement) seems a bit off.

Sincere apologies if I'm inducing any depression on the Forum but that was not my intention.

Perhaps, as in my case, when your heroes include the likes of Morrissey and Leonard Cohen, there is a certain degree of comfort with a more 'pessimistic' outlook, which others don't share?!

However, this drought is seriously worrying me, now!

(Oh, and I can also get distracted by obscure Alty FC statistics and this certainly falls into that category....).

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

What is the longest spell without a goal at Moss lane? Is it the current one?
@AltyDaz

markecky

Don't encourage him Darren!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

What is the longest spell without a goal at Moss lane? Is it the current one?

I daren't comment any further!

Over to you, Mike G or Management Guru.....

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It's now six hours and 30 minutes since our last league goal at Moss Lane