News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team Spirit

Author Topic: Team Spirit  (Read 1599 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Team Spirit
« on: February 01, 2023, 03:44:03 PM »

One of our greatest assets in our part-time days was the tremendous team spirit. It hasn't seemed to diminish greatly so far this season, but I have serious concerns that this new "loan heavy" regime could have a heavy negative impact in this area. What do others think ?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team Spirit
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 03:53:35 PM »

This is my greatest concern. Team spirit amongst the players and connectivity between players and fans are hugely significant side-issues of this loan-heavy policy.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 04:05:00 PM »

I expect PP man management abilities will come to the fore . From what we hear I do believe that the moral within the team will be good. The team is young and I think senior players like Ben Pringle and Jordon will help with keeping heads up etc.I’m not a big fan of loan players but it does seem that policy seems to be going down that route.

Let’s just hope that once this season is over then we get a team of mainly full Alty contracted players.

That will obviously depend on. £££££££s available

Going FT was never going to be easy, keeping up attendance figures especially at home will also be vital.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 05:34:08 PM »

Is it just me, or do I feel it may not be as easy as Wrexham may think. I do not feel the result on Saturday will be quite such a foregone conclusion. Despite the loss of key players, we have made some very interesting signings. Could be wrong, but I hope and feel this may be closer and not quite the beating we have all been expecting.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 05:50:27 PM »

God bless you, but I think it's just you Steve.
Hope I'm wrong but I can see a real tanking for us at the weekend.
Having said that however, the results against the likes of Wrexham, Notts County and Chesterfield are unlikely to decide our season.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 05:56:05 PM »

Not after these signings Saughall. I see something in all the players we have signed, just think if we do get beaten it won't be by a spectacular margin. The only thing against us is the fact they have yet to bond together, but they are hopefully getting up to a week of training.

None of them cup-tied for the FA Trophy either; and the big teams have mainly gone. This could push us ahead of the remaining pack in the contest.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 06:12:38 PM »

Sincerely hope you're right, Steve.
Really wish I was more of a glass half full type.
Full marks for your positivity! 👍
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 06:15:50 PM »

There's still a core of players in the dressing room that seem to do a lot together socially - Jordan, Isaac Marriott, Lewis Baines etc - plus you've got the likes of Kozzy too, who I'm sure will be in the dressing room each game - and I'm sure some of these newer lads will have some character too.

I'm sure the lads won't be too disheartened to see lads moving on to bigger things - the reality is that, eventually, they'll all want to do the same.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 06:15:52 PM »

PS. However we go on, the traffic on this site seems to have picked up considerably in the last few days and long may that continue!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team Spirit