News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is it really true?

Author Topic: Is it really true?  (Read 3329 times)

Stan Hibbert

Is it really true?
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »

Is it really true that Denham and Johnson have been released or is it just rumours?

Whilst I agree that 'Dale's a bit slow and doesn't score enough' and 'Chris is always injured' they are both players more than capable of causing mayhem in this tin pot division we find ourselves in

I hope this new manager has a few surprises up his sleeve 'cos if he hasn't we're right up sh*ts creek as we stand.

Abuse awaited but deep down you agree with what I'm saying 

Altyant

Re: Is it really true?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:21:50 PM »

Unfortunately much as I love Chris Denham, he is injured far too often. I dont think it would have been useful given the budget restrictions to offer him anything other than a pay-as you-play deal.

Please dont refer to this post if he scores against us for Droylsden!

markecky

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »

Can we not assume that both:

A) Have been released

B) Both were/are desperate and chomping at the bit to play for us on reduced money but our nasty new manager has just kicked them through the door.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 07:33:46 PM »

Can we not assume that both:

A) Have been released

B) Both were/are desperate and chomping at the bit to play for us on reduced money but our nasty new manager has just kicked them through the door.

And has Coburn re-signed????????????

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 08:19:10 PM »

Its all very well various clubs coming out and saying theyve signed this,that and the other. However the transfer window doesnt open until weds this week,so maybe we arent jumping the gun and will announce any comings and goings once they are official,why alert other clubs to our potential targets before we can get them offiicially signed up,once bitten twice shy and all that...

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 09:08:17 PM »

Not taken very long has it for folk to start criticising over things which may or may not have even happened

We have a new manager and I think it's only polite to allow him to make his own decisions without being second guessed by people who, I would venture to suggest, know less about the situation than he does

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 09:11:54 PM »

Yes, I am sure the club don't want to announce that they have just shaken hands on a deal with a great player, who has just left full-time at 28 years to old to study at the Poly..................only then for said player to ring the club and tell them Chorley / Chester have just offered them another £15 a week !

Doesn't everyone already know that Alty usually keep very quiet as far as signings are concerned ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 09:17:49 PM »

Frankly I wont lose much sleep if the manager decides not to resign any of last seasons lot.. They didnt exactly cover themselves in glory... Lets not start criticising the bloody manager everytime some forumite hears a bit of heresay on one of the social network sites that one of the old guard has/maybe is leaving

In Lee I Trust

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 07:49:17 AM »

New manager = new ideas = new players. Let Sinnott get on with it. As others have said he'll know more about the ins and outs than we do.  And if this is a "tinpot" division then more fool us for not being good enough to avoid it. 

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 09:24:33 AM »

This is a forum though. We're only proffering opinions. If it turns out Sinnott releases the whole squad I'll offer my thoughts about who I would like to have kept, but that doesn't mean I'm jumping on the manager's back. Of course I'm willing to give him time, just that I'm not likely to agree with everything he does.

Still, as Ecky says, it might have been a case of only having a certain amount of cash to offer and said players refused to take such a paycut. We can't be sure.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 10:02:59 AM »

This is a forum though. We're only proffering opinions. If it turns out Sinnott releases the whole squad I'll offer my thoughts about who I would like to have kept, but that doesn't mean I'm jumping on the manager's back. Of course I'm willing to give him time, just that I'm not likely to agree with everything he does.

Still, as Ecky says, it might have been a case of only having a certain amount of cash to offer and said players refused to take such a paycut. We can't be sure.
No supporter ever agrees with everything a manager does. And there are always players that the manager rates when we terrace experts can't see any good reason why. The forum is exactly the place to air those differences of opinion.

I'm going to be interested to see if Lee has picked up any useful players in his home area of Humberside while he's been "out of action" - because you can be damn sure he'll have been doing some scouting during that time.

Butty

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 10:34:38 AM »

This is the best thread by a mile- wheres the evidence Denham has left? Not even a Tweet or a Facebook status or anything. People take the slightest whisper so seriously, just wait until the club confirm things
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is it really true?