PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins manager Heathcote warns of need for changes
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Robins manager Heathcote warns of need for changes  (Read 6654 times)

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Robins manager Heathcote warns of need for changes
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »

Correct, a long term investor which would help us stabilise ourselves in the BSP.

investor - definition of investor - An individual who commits money to investment products with the expectation of financial return.
benefactor n. One that gives aid, especially financial aid

Ah, do we want the former or latter of the 2 above? I can see why there are no investors coming forward, in that football is very unlikely to make any form of financial return. If it would give me a return equivalent to ISA etc I'd be happy to invest as Im sure many others would be.

You'd have to have someone quite wealthy with a passion for the club to keep pumping money in ? Its either that or someone who likes to flash the cash and be the big man - which again would probably bring all sorts of issues.

jimmyhank

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 10:39:12 PM »

The current setup of the board and club would make investment very difficult I fear...

Would the club not welcome investment, Ecky? Why would the set up make investment difficult?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 10:39:42 PM »

When I, and the club (I think) ask for investors, I presume they are maybe offered the chance to sit on the board, and are given the oppurtunity to advertise ?

It's a bitof a grey are with me as I dont fully understand it all, but Mark said further up he could see a difficulty in further investors with the current set up at board level, which probably reflects regarding investors up above

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 10:42:48 PM »

The way football is administered now we might aswell go and overspend,if we do then you get relegated two leagues and start with a clean slate,if you play it 100% by the book you get left behind and end up getting relegated one division,hardly any difference between playing unibond football and playing bsn football,weve tried to be the model club and watch clubs two levels below ours over take us on and off the field,a sad statement,but a true statement....

The problem with that Pete is, Yes you go down two leagues and even if you manage to claw your way back to the BSP we will be back in the same position we are now, financially speaking...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 10:48:46 PM »

Heres betting that afc telford, afc halifax and afc nuneaton come rip roaring past us in coming seasons

markecky

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 10:51:31 PM »

The current setup of the board and club would make investment very difficult I fear...

Would the club not welcome investment, Ecky? Why would the set up make investment difficult?

Thats a question for the board to answer on whether they welcome investment...I think they would answer yes.

Its just my opinion that outside investors may struggle unless they understand how the clubs works.  The club functions as well as it does and punches above its weight due to a close knit band of volunteers.

People coming in with money usually want something for it..whether it be control of something or conditions meeting.

That could disrupt the way things are done or have been done..its difficult to find a balance.

Narcissist

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 07:56:12 AM »

Have to agree with Ecky. At our level I cant recall seeing an investor go to a club and say 'I want to stabilise and build for a long future in the BSP'. It tends to be more like 'im going to throw my kitchen sink at getting us in the football league....and then bugger off if it doesnt happen'.

If one of us makes millions it would work but I cant see someone being out there who just wants to come in and build what we need.

alty67

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 08:22:55 AM »

Any funds would have to be a benefactor as why would any one invest in us. A benefactor is someone who has an affinity to the club and would not want a financial profit from the club. An investor would choose a club with more potential support or potential development of the stadium etc

A benefactor would have come forward by now so we can presume there are no existing alty fans with any cash (apart from if I/any one of us wins the lottery). You'd think somewhere around Hale/Altrincham there would be a millionaire but lets face it they mostly like rugby/ skiing or are City or United

I've followed Alty for over 30 years and and the last few years have been better than most of the previous 15- we are in the highest level of "non-league" and our attendances have improved. In my memory we never got more than about 1500 in our glory seasons- apart from Cup games/ local derbies. If we where top of the league we'd still only get 1200 home fans

We need a bit of extra cash to get to mid table another- 150 home fans would do!

A month from now we will have picked up points and get out of the bottom 4!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 09:03:57 PM »

Whilst GH thinks that he can turn things around and is looking at shaking up the squad, I just wonder what everyone thinks will be a level of success in the short term and how long realistically he has to turn things around before the obvious change is required. Very few managers at any other club would be afforded the chance GH has been given to turn things around and I cant help think that his conversation with the directors was a one-sided one. I just wonder how long things will be left before he has no choice but to go as despite what he and many others think, there are other managers out there. I hope it doesnt come to that though and he is able to turn things around quickly.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:21:54 PM by im not really here »

andrewflynn

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 09:20:22 PM »

If Graham was to go in the near future I'd love to see McKenna step up to the job.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins manager Heathcote warns of need for changes