Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any chance we can sort the segregation and tv gantry out?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Any chance we can sort the segregation and tv gantry out?  (Read 13079 times)

bumble

Re: Any chance we can sort the segregation and tv gantry out?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 09:03:29 AM »

I'm sure that will be looked into, as they shouldn't have been able to wander back in.Good job some of our more animated supporters werent in the bar or it could have been a big problem

They walked in the Golf Road gate, not sure what you can do about it?

Are we banning away fans from our bar a la Barnet?
In games in which we are playing against teams with Big followings it may be a good idea yes we may lose a few quid but safety of are own fans is more important

The bar can be segregated for big games as it is effectively two rooms.The lighting colour can be changed as well to match the opponents colours, therefore Alty fans can have red lighting in our room & Chester (for example) can have blue lighting in their room.....which is nice!

How very big time!

Next well be like Brighton and be projecting their cult hero's on the wall.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »

It's ridiculous that a club our size has the world's biggest sterile area.  We've played derbies against Northwich & Macc (plus bigger sides like York) in the past with the home fans being allowed right up to the end of the Popular Side. It adds to the atmosphere when we're closer. Whilst I've enjoyed the 2 Macc games this season, I think the atmosphere was nowhere near as good as it used to be. I don't understand why the home fans have to be penalised with a sh*t view.
Premier League sides have smaller sterile areas!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »

It's ridiculous that a club our size has the world's biggest sterile area.  We've played derbies against Northwich & Macc (plus bigger sides like York) in the past with the home fans being allowed right up to the end of the Popular Side. It adds to the atmosphere when we're closer. Whilst I've enjoyed the 2 Macc games this season, I think the atmosphere was nowhere near as good as it used to be. I don't understand why the home fans have to be penalised with a sh*t view.

Smaller area's but a lot more resources to call on City use about 100 stewards and 40 police on there seg lines plus they have the use of cctv
doesn't compare really
@AltyDaz

Alex

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 09:56:42 AM »

been saying this since the fences were put in that its now too easy for someone to decide to have world biggest sterile area rather than deal with any other alternatives.

all we need to do is move the fencing down to the end of the popular side, that way you can keep GMP happy that away fans cant climb the wall into the home end (not that they cant just walk round to the open gate at the other end of the ground apparently) and you can keep the whole length of the popular side open and iff in the case of big games you need to put a few extra stewards in the sterile area rather than being stood by the main stand or something so be it.

we have had full away ends against, vics, york, oxford etc without this in the past and the most trouble i remember was one york fan opening the gate at the away end then getting his mate to hold him back as he wouldnt go no further. hardly facing the light brigade every week is it.

sorry to go on but it really kills the atmosphere for me and made the game on saturday a good one yes but not as good a derby atmosphere as i was expecting compared to the 3-0 boxing day game against vics a few years ago (been watching alty for around 10-11 years now so not seen a m*cc derby before this season).

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 10:19:58 AM »

Smaller area's but a lot more resources to call on City use about 100 stewards and 40 police on there seg lines plus they have the use of cctv
doesn't compare really

I know what you're saying, but how many away fans do we get in comparison? The size of the sterile area is ridiculous and embarrassing.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 10:25:14 AM »

doesn't compare really

I know what you're saying, but how many away fans do we get in comparison? The size of the sterile area is ridiculous and embarrassing.

The question is, who decides on the size of the sterile area - if it's the police or Trafford Council then I guess we can't do much about it but if it's the club then it's inexcusable.
Garrincha - you're right to go on about it, it's a shambles and makes us look like a pub team that can't handle more than a coach load of away fans.....on a 1400 capacity terrace.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

catherinestreet

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 12:49:42 PM »

I agree - as a Macc fan, it has wrecked the atmosphere in both games this season.

Get rid of it!

doesn't compare really

The question is, who decides on the size of the sterile area - if it's the police or Trafford Council then I guess we can't do much about it but if it's the club then it's inexcusable.
Garrincha - you're right to go on about it, it's a shambles and makes us look like a pub team that can't handle more than a coach load of away fans.....on a 1400 capacity terrace.

markecky

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »

Don't think the club can win here, much rather be having a debate about a poor view if you stood behind the fence than injured people and kids and talk of people never ever bringing families again and why didn't the club know etc.

At many grounds you start in one end and stay there,  at least you get to move part way round if you wish at Alty.

For me it would be better if the fence were two thirds of the way down but in my opinion if you want to get right to that wall then you want to get there to give sh*t.  If you give sh*t to the 20 or so fatheads who were massed at the fence on Saturday then they will pop over that 3 foot wall in front of them and wade in.  My guess is that the people who were then giving it out will be halfway down the popular side. Factor in a last minute winner for example, I can guarantee they would attempt it and stewards would be put in a dangerous situation.

They were not giddy kids in expensive coats they were men who were looking for trouble, not even proper Macc fans judging by the fact they could not recognise their own subs at half time.  

And I will be the first to admit I've shouted my fair share of stuff over that wall but you have to pick your opponents who will have banter about it,  I would not have stood near that wall on Saturday even if allowed to.

The club and the police have had to deal with a different animal (sometimes literally) this season and overall I think both have done a good job of keeping people safe so far in some testing circumstances.

I think the atmosphere has been good in the Grimsby and 2 Macc games under that big roof.  The view has not been though and that's why I would move the fence down a little but not to that wall for games with a trouble element.

Just my personal opinion.

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »

Simple solution is to move the high fence 2/3 down the pop side then introduce a smaller lower fence on the pop side to prevent Alty fans moving up to the larger fence.

I would also suggest that we should make a proper fence with a gate it in. We are back in the higher league, with some big ex league clubs who possibly have a hooligan element. We need to move with the times and ensure the fans are kept safe.

Alex

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 01:44:15 PM »

Don't think the club can win here, much rather be having a debate about a poor view if you stood behind the fence than injured people and kids and talk of people never ever bringing families again and why didn't the club know etc.

At many grounds you start in one end and stay there,  at least you get to move part way round if you wish at Alty.

For me it would be better if the fence were two thirds of the way down but in my opinion if you want to get right to that wall then you want to get there to give sh*t.  If you give sh*t to the 20 or so fatheads who were massed at the fence on Saturday then they will pop over that 3 foot wall in front of them and wade in.  My guess is that the people who were then giving it out will be halfway down the popular side. Factor in a last minute winner for example, I can guarantee they would attempt it and stewards would be put in a dangerous situation.

They were not giddy kids in expensive coats they were men who were looking for trouble, not even proper Macc fans judging by the fact they could not recognise their own subs at half time.  

And I will be the first to admit I've shouted my fair share of stuff over that wall but you have to pick your opponents who will have banter about it,  I would not have stood near that wall on Saturday even if allowed to.

The club and the police have had to deal with a different animal (sometimes literally) this season and overall I think both have done a good job of keeping people safe so far in some testing circumstances.

I think the atmosphere has been good in the Grimsby and 2 Macc games under that big roof.  The view has not been though and that's why I would move the fence down a little but not to that wall for games with a trouble element.

having read this and thought about it i think that is a more sensable solution to the one i offered, i was just trying to think of a practical way to fit in people on the pop side when you have lots of people moving from the golf road plus those already stood on that side of the ground. i guess i just don't see us as having any "element" to cause a flash point but i suppose i forget how easy it is to wind up those looking for trouble.

but i do like the fact that we are having this debate and i hope the club do look into it and come to a conclusion that allows everyone to stand in safty and have a view of the game. as i also cant imagine the club wants people being sat on the scaffolding of the gantry or stood on the metal work at the back of the stand (as happened on the pop side second half)  for health and safty as they would get the bill if someone slipped or fell.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:46:59 PM by Garrincha »

GB Alty

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 06:35:07 PM »

were the Macc fans that terrifying? I thought they were a bit of a joke in the bar

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »

I would also suggest that we should make a proper fence with a gate it in. We are back in the higher league, with some big ex league clubs who possibly have a hooligan element. We need to move with the times and ensure the fans are kept safe.

I suggested this when i was safety officer still waiting
@AltyDaz

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 09:56:22 PM »

Ecky will be 100% correct when he suggests that those who are unable to differentiate between a group of away fans 'having banter' and a group of away fans definately up for trouble, will be half way past Stamford Park once they have done enough to incite the hooligan element over the wall
It is fair to say that some of our 'big games' attract a very small home fan element who are not the regulars to Moss Lane and who during the second half and are happy to give out $h1t when they assume they are safe behind a small fence

Hopefully as others have said the club will look into this to see if there is a compromise........if there isn't, then there are very few games where 'geniune knobbers' turn up for the away team
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 10:00:02 PM »

The "Segregation topic" gets regurgitated season after season and nothing ever happens to solve the problem. May I suggest that once the sports hall is eventually funded.  Could the Chairman/Club commit to sorting out this perennial problem.

I am a popular side fan and whilst they keep preventing us standing under the Gantry then the club will have one less on the attendance figure each home game.. The view from the last third of the popular side is hopeless with all the obstructions.

Let's think of the home supporters for once on this subject.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 10:37:11 PM »

Maybe we could have a whip round for a proper fence?

We got to nearly 10 grand for the tellies pretty easily.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any chance we can sort the segregation and tv gantry out?