News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reinforcements

Author Topic: Reinforcements  (Read 4642 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Reinforcements
« on: November 11, 2014, 11:37:11 PM »

I see that a number of posters have advocated bringing in players after Sunday.

We are of course, being members of the top level of Non League constrained by transfer windows hence, for the time being, we could, so far as I am aware, only sign free agents or loan players.

Leaving the free agents out of the equation for the time being as the likelihood of them being fit enough to play at this point in the season is minimal (unless released very recently) we are left with loan signings.

Ideally we are looking then at loan signings from Football League clubs - yes?  And this is where our part time status can count against us a bit. League Clubs train daily, we don't and it is a very rare player who will train with their host club and also with us so, as our last few loans have demonstrated, the value even of loan players is limited.

I don't have an answer - just putting a point

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Reinforcements
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:44:40 PM »

Why state the bleeding obvious?

arnald

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 12:11:46 AM »

we cant afford any players until January maybe

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 01:36:23 AM »

We are of course, being members of the top level of Non League constrained by transfer windows hence, for the time being, we could, so far as I am aware, only sign free agents or loan players.

Leaving the free agents out of the equation for the time being as the likelihood of them being fit enough to play at this point in the season is minimal (unless released very recently) we are left with loan signings.

Ideally we are looking then at loan signings from Football League clubs - yes?  And this is where our part time status can count against us a bit. League Clubs train daily, we don't and it is a very rare player who will train with their host club and also with us so, as our last few loans have demonstrated, the value even of loan players is limited.

Good evening Dr Pangloss.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 06:09:56 AM »

I agree...lets do nothing and keep shuffling the same pack and wait for close season to sign the players required not to embarrass us in next season's cups....it is impossible to bring in a quality loan player or free agent from a league above or below at this time of year...

Mr Woolf

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 07:08:36 AM »

What did you think of the Blyth game?

eightiesrobin

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 08:06:54 AM »

Impressive. Had to Google it.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 08:31:10 AM »

Bury continue to sign players in true 'promotion or administration' style. Rumours a lot of the players are on 'pay as you play' deals?! Can't imagine that being true. Must be some lads up there that fancy a game and to prove a point.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 08:53:51 AM »

;D

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 04:34:12 PM »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team