PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does the ground have wifi
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does the ground have wifi  (Read 5071 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »

Just purchased one of these new fangled smartphones and was wondering if there is wifi at the ground. We do have a comms tower right next to us

Robin Reliant

Re: Does the ground have wifi
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:25:41 PM »

Should hope so or Radio Robins wouldn't work   ;D

Don't know if you have to ask nicely to be given the code though  ;)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:35:39 PM »

Just purchased one of these new fangled smartphones and was wondering if there is wifi at the ground. We do have a comms tower right next to us

Putting my geek hat on for a moment....

You're getting confused here - wifi is a connection to a domestic or business broadband, it's nothing to do with comms tower or the phone network. I don't know if the club have opened up a public wifi connection, but you should have a 3G connection via your mobile provider.

...takes geek hat off.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

markecky

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »

The club does have wi-fi but it's not for public use.

You'll not have time to look at your phone anyway with wave after wave of attack.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »

Thanks for the answers, all I was thinking is that wifi is faster(and cheaper) than using up my data allowance.
I'll restrict myself too looking at the Sky Sports football app to half time, there's only so long you can tolerate Jeff Stelling for anyway!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »

You're getting confused here - wifi is a connection to a domestic or business broadband, it's nothing to do with comms tower or the phone network. I don't know if the club have opened up a public wifi connection, but you should have a 3G connection via your mobile provider.

...takes geek hat off.
forget 3g 4 G is the future however alty wont get it this year yet but mcr will you wont need wifi then superfast BB through your mobile !! Puts geek hat firmly back on
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »

...takes geek hat off.
forget 3g 4 G is the future however alty wont get it this year yet but mcr will you wont need wifi then superfast BB through your mobile !! Puts geek hat firmly back on

Indeed, these will be exciting times with companies like EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE leading the way.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »

Never mind 4G I'd just like a public address system that worked...

Robin Reliant

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »

I'd like broadband faster than a carrier pigeon  ;)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »

Never mind 4G I'd just like a public address system that worked...

The poor chap undertaking announcements on the Moss Lane PA system last night seemed blissfully unaware that he was effectively talking to himself.

The only reason that I was able to decipher the occasional sentence was because I was sitting merely a few yards away from him!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »

...takes geek hat off.

Indeed, these will be exciting times with companies like EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE leading the way.
nice free advertising there thanks :) they are known just as EE now :)

Robin Reliant

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »

...takes geek hat off.

nice free advertising there thanks :) they are known just as EE now :)

Many of us who live in rural areas would be happier if they concentrated on rolling out 3G to all, before starting on 4G

York Alty

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 06:14:10 PM »

the locals here use carrier pigeon :D

Our broadband is dire, and despite the reassurances that is is impossible I know it gets slower in the fog. We get quite a bit of fog...

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »

EE is aweful, especially their local employees.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »

EE is aweful, especially their local employees.
nearly as bad as your spelling
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team