News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good solid performance

Author Topic: Good solid performance  (Read 3399 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Good solid performance
« on: April 15, 2014, 10:29:18 PM »

A really solid performance from Alty this evening on a difficult pitch against robust opposition.  The sandy middle of the pitch led to an erratic bounce.  The long grass on the wings made playing it on the floor very difficult.  Oxford had a mega long throw in which the defence dealt with very well, as they I'd with a number of long free kicks.

We attacked with intent and purpose, particularly in the first half and even the odd poor performance did not lead to players eying to hide.  For example, I was nearly decapitated by a Jake Moult shot that flew 10 yards wide (not the first from him) but he tested the keeper with a dipping shot 5 minutes later and then scored the derive goal a couple of minutes after that.

I though Walshaw and Reeves combined well at times today, and created space well with off the ball running for Clee and Lawrie.  Reevesies was unlucky with the bounce on a number of occasions in the first half, their wise he would ave scored.

All in all, a satisfactory performance.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Good solid performance
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 11:00:11 PM »

really a dreadful game lit up by two quality strikes. Feel sorry for oxford having to play on that pitch every week -no wonder they sre struggling. I thought after 15 minutes we would go on to score a hatful but slowly we got dragged down a level and Jakes goal was as much a relief as it was unexpected. However it's points that matter at this stage and it is now down to any 5 from 6 teams left in it.

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 11:10:58 PM »

really a dreadful game lit up by two quality strikes. Feel sorry for oxford having to play on that pitch every week -no wonder they sre struggling. I thought after 15 minutes we would go on to score a hatful but slowly we got dragged down a level and Jakes goal was as much a relief as it was unexpected. However it's points that matter at this stage and it is now down to any 5 from 6 teams left in it.

Sadly I can't see Boston getting in the play-offs, which is a shame as we know we can beat them.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 11:20:17 PM »

Interesting stat:

In the 9 previous seasons of Conference North football, every team promoted via the playoff has finished 2nd (4 winners) or 5th (5 winners). 

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:46:48 PM »

I also thought it was a crap game on a shocking pitch. However we scored two very good goals and gained 3 points which should see us to the play-offs.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:29:25 AM »

I'm glad we didn't lose as it would sound like sour grapes but I have never seen a pitch like that.  It wasn't the bare bits, it's been a terrible winter and they have suffered more than most. It was the uneven tufts and bumps that were so odd.

A decent match was going to be impossible for both teams but I thought both did their best.  Oxford vastly improved from the Gainsborough match I saw and we had to be very solid to repel even though they lacked some quality as you would expect.

A hard fought three points and a good turnout of 50-60 Alty there.

Onwards to Stockport to see what happens there.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:33:13 AM »

Echo others there, pitch an absolute shocker. Can see how it was postponed twice in mid-winter. Horrible bounce which made it very difficult to get it down and play football on.

Our two goals were absolutely top class mind, the technique and the ability in both clear to see.

Lovely little ground and set up at Oxford- still not sure how they manage it but fair play. No bugger there.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 08:23:15 AM »

This thread title, are we talking about the match or the coach diversion toilet scandal?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 09:18:19 AM »

This thread title, are we talking about the match or the coach diversion toilet scandal?

:D
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 09:44:56 AM »

Present for Ecky...his own print cut out and keep sign;

funny how the little things vex us as we get older isn't it?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 07:39:47 PM »

Had a job to do,and we did it
Good turnout.
Not a good journey there and back, but the result helped.

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »

Sadly I can't see Boston getting in the play-offs, which is a shame as we know we can beat them.

They play NFU so I'd like them to still be interested.  I reckon it's vital we finish second.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good solid performance