PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham - on the verge of a great season
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wrexham - on the verge of a great season  (Read 4245 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:48:31 AM »

It's alright everyone - don't panic: Dean Saunders has actually done a brilliant job at Wrexham this season.  They are close to their most succesful season EVER.

From the inimitable John Laidlar:

"The Dragons reserves take on Accrington Stanley at the Racecourse tomorrow (7pm) seeking the victory that would confirm them champions of the Totesport.com league, while the club’s youth team are through to the Welsh FA Youth Cup final where they will meet either Swansea City or Llandudno"

And all this in an environment where they are having to massively cut back: Saunders again "We may have five fewer players next year because of the financial cuts but I can live with that, provided we get the right people in and we have relatively good luck with injuries. If necessary we will have to go into the loan market and hopefully I’ll be able to bring in players who will either cost us nothing or not too much'”.

I really don't know how they are going to survive with as few as 57 players in their squad.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham - on the verge of a great season
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38:43 PM »

Inevitably, Saunders trots out that classic line of self-delusion:

"We all agree that Wrexham should not be in this league."

Er, exactly why not...?
And there was I foolishly thinking that Wrexham were relegated from the Football League because they weren't good enough to gain enough points to stay in it...

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 01:54:01 PM »

Inevitably, Saunders trots out that classic line of self-delusion:

"We all agree that Wrexham should not be in this league."

Er, exactly why not...?
And there was I foolishly thinking that Wrexham were relegated from the Football League because they weren't good enough to gain enough points to stay in it...

I agree.......

they should be in the Welsh League or, at best, the Unibond!

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:04:26 PM »

welsh league.  i really do think they should play in the welsh leagues.  they are letting wales down by taking part in english leagues.  they seem to be ashamed of their welsh roots and history.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 10:22:42 PM »

Not only that, but they could win the Welsh league and play in Europe where a team and manager of such eminence whould be!

ruthinred

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 10:23:29 PM »

so your all anti wrexham, mansfield , and forest green

judging by threads on here.

your quite a bitter bunch really arent you

markecky

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 10:26:05 PM »

You misunderstand.  We pity Wrexham and hate Mansfield and FGR.

It passes the time in the close season

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 10:29:31 PM »

In Wrexham's case we think the manager is a bit of a knobsock!

ruthinred

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 10:29:52 PM »

3 clubs who couldent give a flyer about you lot

bitter fans . desperate for new rivals

markecky

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »

Arsed.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 10:40:11 PM »

You're the one who's always posting on our message board!

Thanks for all the money we've made from your fans over the last couple of years. Absolutely fantastic gesture!
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »

s'not nice, s'not even true.

I have nothing against wrexham in particular.  Your manager is a tosspot and to be honest thinks he's working at a top flight club.  The man hasn't accepted reality.  I personally do think you should be playing in welsh leagues, you're a welsh club. why won't your club acknowledge that and play in the welsh leagues? Do you think you're too big?  If so then it's more bertie big bollocks eminating from the wrexham area.

mansfield are simply sad, sad & sad.

I reserve a very special hatred for FGR.  Unsporting and unethical behavious such as they displayed will never be forgotten.  Peake is a disgrace to the game.

We don't need new rivals, macclescum will be in the BSP soon enough.

Finally, as your local rivals, Jester, are years away from playing you again, is it you looking for new rivals?

leave you with that thought...

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 10:48:44 PM »

s'not nice, s'not even true.

I have nothing against wrexham in particular.  Your manager is a tosspot and to be honest thinks he's working at a top flight club.  The man hasn't accepted reality.  I personally do think you should be playing in welsh leagues, you're a welsh club. why won't your club acknowledge that and play in the welsh leagues? Do you think you're too big?  If so then it's more bertie big bollocks eminating from the wrexham area.

mansfield are simply sad, sad & sad.

I reserve a very special hatred for FGR.  Unsporting and unethical behavious such as they displayed will never be forgotten.  Peake is a disgrace to the game.

We don't need new rivals, macclescum will be in the BSP soon enough.

Finally, as your local rivals, Jester, are years away from playing you again, is it you looking for new rivals?

leave you with that thought...

In fairness, I think the majority of Wrexham fans have been ok, except the turd-faced-tossers who booed a badly injured ex-player of theirs!

ruthinred

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 10:49:48 PM »

just giving you some home truths , it genuinely has suprised me the amount of anti wxm stuff on here. you never get a mention on red passion

as for the money, its good to have localish teams in this league  and get along to an away game within an hour. this league has been far too southern  based.  so glad we could have helped . i reckon we will be visiting for a good few years yet, unfortunately

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:53:10 PM by ruthinred »

jimmyhank

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 11:08:54 PM »

just giving you some home truths , it genuinely has suprised me the amount of anti wxm stuff on here. you never get a mention on red passion

as for the money, its good to have localish teams in this league  and get along to an away game within an hour. this league has been far too southern  based.  so glad we could have helped . i reckon we will be visiting for a good few years yet, unfortunately

Unless you change your manager, ruthinred, I think you will be. He has led you to your worst ever position in the league pyramid with eight points less than last season (paraphrased from JL on main website). Did I also read that he has signed over 50 players since he took over? You cannot seriously expect any degree of continuity with such a revolving door policy. Get a solid foundation built, starting with your management team, then get a core of players who are suited to play in the Conference and then go from there. A little part time outfit near where I live have done quite well along those lines  ;)

By the way, you're always most welcome in our bar for a pint before the game. I have no qualms with the majority of Wrexham fans. Your manager, however, does spout more crap than that volcano in Iceland!

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team