PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 match thread Alty 3-2 Weymouth
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: match thread Alty 3-2 Weymouth  (Read 11912 times)

nimega

Re: match thread Alty 3-2 Weymouth
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2007, 04:56:52 PM »

Cambridge Utd    2-1   Northwich

Droylsden    1-1   Stafford Rangers

Grays Athletic     1-0   Farsley Celtic

Couldn't have been a better day really  ;D

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2007, 04:59:10 PM »

Results really went our way today and what is important is that we helped ourselves, I'm seeing a tiny, tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel, can we get closer to the end of the tunnel on Tuesday?? ::)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »

Results really went our way today and what is important is that we helped ourselves, I'm seeing a tiny, tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel, can we get closer to the end of the tunnel on Tuesday?? ::)

I reckon so: 2 confidence boosting games on the run.

I also notice no bookings again - all good clean fun!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 05:02:30 PM by Dougals Dad »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2007, 06:36:10 PM »

6 minutes added time!  Not even Weymouth radio boys can believe that!

Guidance issued to Officials re Time to be added at the end of each half:

Each caution 30 seconds = 1 minute 30 seconds

Each Goal 30 seconds = 1 minute 30 seconds

Each substitution 30 seconds = 3 minutes. I know that you'll say Weymouth did all their substitutions in one go but that actually took 1 minute 45 seconds rather than the 1 minute 30 indicated in the guidelines.

Add on to that time for injuries and 'obvious' time wasting (eg two players leaving a throw for a third, goalkeeper always taking goalkicks from the side of the goal opposite to where the ball went out of play) and you'll soon get to six minutes.

It's not that today's ref was wrong it's that many other officials don't follow the guidelines.

Would we have been so het up had we been 3-2 down when he put six minutes up? I don't think so  ;) ;)

Hamilton

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2007, 06:42:15 PM »

I don't doubt the regs. However, many matches have these sort of delays (& more), however, it is a rarity that we get this amount of time added, especially when there was minimal (if any) injuries. Perhaps it would be good for football (but bad for heart conditions) if the refs did do things by the book a bit more.

louise1925

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2007, 07:15:45 PM »

TunnelSteward, I'm gobsmacked! So every other ref we have seen so far in our footballing lives has been a tosser? 6 added minutes - you are having a laugh?

crossie

« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2007, 08:29:31 PM »

I thought todays game we looked fairly strong when attacking, and to be honest there were a few chances we should have put in the back of the net.  Well done to Chris Senior he by far played the best and he was constantly working hard through out the game. Once again defencive errors cost us at the back, we should have easily closed down their men before they score, but thats life.
Well done to all the players and the staff at the club, a win and those valuble 3 points were much earned. Lets hope we can beat Farsley in the week and get out of relegation.

louise1925

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2007, 08:33:25 PM »

Farsley will be bloody tough, but suddenly all the preasure will be on the home team. The two centre halves will have to be at their best to snuff out the threat of the Steve Torpey.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2007, 09:32:19 AM »

41 fans through the away turnstiles.
@AltyDaz

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2007, 09:52:52 AM »

TunnelSteward, I'm gobsmacked! So every other ref we have seen so far in our footballing lives has been a tosser? 6 added minutes - you are having a laugh?

Sorry,

Could you please remind me where I said that every other referee had been a tosser.

What I said was that the Ref followed the guidelines issued (guidelines not instructions) whereas some others haven't. I never said that it was desirable just tried to explain to people where he might have got the time from.

louise1925

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2007, 10:05:21 AM »

How about 2 and a half minutes for throwings, 3 minutes for corners? etc A group of Weymouth fans stood behind me are still laughing at 6 minutes. You'd have thought somebody had been stretchered off or something! You come on here and defend match officials to the hilt, but apart from subs and a brief stoppage for Robbie Lawton I don't remember many other incidents to justify that amount of time added on. You did imply in your post that other officials had misapplied the rules for adding on time. Believe it or not I agree with you. I see teams blatantly waste time and then only 3 minutes are added. The problem once again is consistency. Why did our official yesterday suddenly decide to count every single minute lost when the one on Tuesday will not?

Hamilton

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »

In fairness to A.T.S., he is not 'defending the officials to the hilt' or even condoning them. He is simply explaining the reason behind the injury time.

You are absolutely right, however, about the rediculous lack of consistency. How can rugby league always be consistent and football not so. Surely it is not beyond the football authorities to come up with rules (rather than guidelines).

I think Alex Ferguson should market his watch and all referees work out injury time from that!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 match thread Alty 3-2 Weymouth