PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Confirmation of Shaun Densmore's ban
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Confirmation of Shaun Densmore's ban  (Read 4320 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:16:12 PM »

Looks like he'll miss 2 games, Worcester away and Halifax at home.

Two big games missed through a moment of stupidity!
Come on Alty!

RocketDan

Re: Confirmation of Shaun Densmore's ban
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »

Hopefully the club will fine him a weeks wages for his petulant misconduct.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »

Nonsense, I'd sooner see a bit of passion, it hurt him obviously, and in glad to see him making his point if it was as offside as people say bit was.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »

Nonsense, I'd sooner see a bit of passion, it hurt him obviously, and in glad to see him making his point if it was as offside as people say bit was.

100% agree.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 01:03:53 PM »

There is nothing wrong with passion, however, If we had a squad with enough depth to stand it, I would agree with you Pete but I think the lads should think more before giving the refs a mouthful, at the end of the day there is only ever one winner with these arguments and thats the man in the black.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »

If it was offside and you saw it was offside and then you saw the players just accept it, you would be more upset and say they have no passion.

Players in this situation cant do right for doing wrong, some agree some dont.

Personally i maintain the stance that Shaun showed passion and in the heat of the moment have no issue with his reaction.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 02:10:49 PM »

I can understand the point of view that it’s good for players to show passion, I’m 100% in agreement with that. However, what you’re looking for from your Captain is someone who can be a bit more level headed and not allow emotions to take over, resulting in silly suspensions for mouthing off at the referee and suchlike. I know we don’t live in an ideal world and it’s a natural reaction for players to show their frustration, but I’m disappointed in Shaun for incurring a two game ban for something which was completely avoidable. It’s all the more disappointing, because since he’s been playing in his best position again (ie. right back) he has been back to something approaching his best. If he wasn’t such an important player to us this suspension wouldn’t be half as annoying.
Come on Alty!

62vintage

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 06:18:11 PM »

There is nothing wrong with passion, however, If we had a squad with enough depth to stand it, I would agree with you Pete but I think the lads should think more before giving the refs a mouthful, at the end of the day there is only ever one winner with these arguments and thats the man in the black.

When I watch the rugby all of the players show passion throughout the game but I have never heard or seen any of them show dissent towards the referee or his officials. It is time footballers learnt from them and shut up and play the the game. It is a basic and simple fact that officials do not change their mind because a player is bawling at them.

RocketDan

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 06:19:53 PM »

perhaps he could have shown a bit more passion by launching himself in front of either late solihull goals.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »

I saw you at game grumbler you had a much better view than me 2 points was there player offside and was Shaun in a position to charge down the scorer if there lad looked offside maybe understandable that he was livid

ForeverAlty

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 07:24:52 PM »

I've noticed that Havern is good at commanding and leading, also seems mature enough. He should definately be in his place in Dens' suspension, give him a try!

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 07:39:12 PM »

I saw you at game grumbler you had a much better view than me 2 points was there player offside and was Shaun in a position to charge down the scorer if there lad looked offside maybe understandable that he was livid

Whilst there was a definite hint of offside to Solihull's second goal, there were plenty of players in the box and the ball did ricochet about before it went in, so i couldn't say for certain. Either way, it doesn't justify shouting and swearing at the referee and linesman. Officials are human beings and make mistakes - the lack of respect for officials in football is shocking.

I'm sure Shaun regrets his actions, however his absence will cost us dearly over the next few weeks and, as such, he should face some sort of internal disciplinary process for his moment of madness - be that a fine or written warning.

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 07:50:20 PM »

I'm non the wiser see you Sunday anyway grumbler

JDN

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 08:17:02 PM »

Written warning!!!!

Do you really think that's the way to go?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 09:37:45 PM »

Whilst there was a definite hint of offside to Solihull's second goal, there were plenty of players in the box and the ball did ricochet about before it went in, so i couldn't say for certain. Either way, it doesn't justify shouting and swearing at the referee and linesman. Officials are human beings and make mistakes - the lack of respect for officials in football is shocking.

I'm sure Shaun regrets his actions, however his absence will cost us dearly over the next few weeks and, as such, he should face some sort of internal disciplinary process for his moment of madness - be that a fine or written warning.

Are you taking the piss or being serious? Footballers are also human.Fining and written warnings? Not for me, it's football not crown green bowls.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team