News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Interview

Author Topic: Interview  (Read 2953 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Interview
« on: October 13, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »

Phil's thoughts on Saturday's game, including a frank assessment of the last-minute penalty appeal and a fitness update on Yusifu Ceesay, are on the club's website now.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 07:42:09 AM »

Worried with Phil rose-tinted view on Peers. If we opt for a 1 sticker formation, we should be looking for two players who can comfortably perform that role and push each other.

Peers is not good enough for us to be a playoff side or higher.
It's all my fault.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 09:15:39 PM »

Worried with Phil rose-tinted view on Peers. If we opt for a 1 sticker formation, we should be looking for two players who can comfortably perform that role and push each other.

Peers is not good enough for us to be a playoff side or higher.

I’m not sure it’s rose-tinted glasses as much as Parkinson using these post-match interviews more to communicate to his own players than anything else, and try to drive a positive narrative around the club. There is no way he actually believes all of the stuff he comes out with. He tells some right whoppers at times.
But if he’s prepared to make himself look a bit daft at times for the sake of the team, then good on him. Especially if he can give a psychological boost to one or two of them while doing it.

However I can’t help thinking he’s pissing in the wind when it comes to Tom Peers...

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 09:12:12 AM »

If Tom Peers could convert even half the chances he gets he'd be a top striker. His off the ball play is actually very good, but his finishing is poor. He could have had 4 or 5 at Halesowen. In my nightmares I still see that miss at Blyth.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 10:13:29 AM »

If Tom Peers could convert even half the chances he gets he'd be a top striker. His off the ball play is actually very good, but his finishing is poor. He could have had 4 or 5 at Halesowen. In my nightmares I still see that miss at Blyth.

I honestly think it's impossible for us to see a miss as bad as that ever again.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Interview