PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Manchester United U18 - match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Manchester United U18 - match thread  (Read 11259 times)

taxi Phil

« on: January 31, 2017, 12:25:18 PM »

Not even tempted by the free admission I'm afraid, though just maybe we'll see a different goalkeeper at some stage.

York Alty is back

Re: Manchester United U18 - match thread
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 01:22:03 PM »

Intersting this.

What is the purpose of the game?  Is it to give their lads a run out or is it some form of team builder for us? 

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 02:05:01 PM »

I'm taking my two grandkids to this game.

They will probably ring Childline afterwards  ;)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 02:38:07 PM »

Looking at some of theirs?
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 04:19:44 PM »

First half will be relatively full strength, second half will be a mixture of fringe players, reserves and trialists.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 04:24:58 PM »

Well we are in pre-season for our assault on the glue league aren't we?

York Alty is back

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 05:19:53 PM »

Well we are in pre-season for our assault on the glue league aren't we?
Yes. No doubt.  If this is being managed as a pre season then you'll hear no complaints from me.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 05:56:54 PM »

The thoughts of Matthew (sic) Doughty follow.

The interviewer is truly "brilliant":

http://nwfootball.co.uk/england/exclusive-altrincham-manager-matthew-doughty-talks-about-a-possible-cup-run/
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

arnald

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 07:29:28 PM »

What drugs are being taken is it that crack pipe again

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 09:35:28 AM »

First time I have watched Alty since November.

A Dank wet night, we decided to sit in the main stand just behind the directors box (bad mistake). For the entire game there were kids (mainly girls) and adults (both female and male) who seemed to want to piss about all night walking up and down and to and fro from there seats. ...  >:(
If you want to take your offspring to watch football, then tell them to watch the game and not piss about all night running around. The main stand is not a crèche for ferel kids to inhabit for 90 mins...  Also lots of posing people with there Utd coats on wandering about, and women more interested in playing with there mobiles (Stay at home in the warm if that's your main hobby ffs)...

Conclusion ....  Never sit in the main stand ever again.

As for the football, good to see some Alty trialists have a run out. One of the main problems (in my eyes) is that the so called established players on show (Mault Lawrie etc) do not seem to be as committed as they once were a year or so ago...  Good to see the Utd youngsters it will be interesting to see how many make the grade to kick on ... The No 7 and 10 were good in midfield whilst the no 5 at the back was good along with a big strapping lad at No 8.

Nice to see Colin Little again at Alty, Also good to hear Buzz and Robbie giving there instructions, particulary in the first half.

As ever the fish and chips were good from across the road.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 10:11:07 AM »

I bought my fish and chips at 6.45.....I enjoyed them at home ten minutes later.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »

I bought my fish and chips at 6.45.....I enjoyed them at home ten minutes later.

Wish I had known that, I could have sent the grand kids round to charge round your lounge  ;)

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »

A Dank wet night, we decided to sit in the main stand just behind the directors box (bad mistake). For the entire game there were kids (mainly girls) and adults (both female and male) who seemed to want to piss about all night walking up and down and to and fro from there seats. ...  >:(
If you want to take your offspring to watch football, then tell them to watch the game and not piss about all night running around. The main stand is not a crèche for ferel kids to inhabit for 90 mins...  Also lots of posing people with there Utd coats on wandering about, and women more interested in playing with there mobiles (Stay at home in the warm if that's your main hobby ffs)...

As for the football, good to see some Alty trialists have a run out. One of the main problems (in my eyes) is that the so called established players on show (Mault Lawrie etc) do not seem to be as committed as they once were a year or so ago...  Good to see the Utd youngsters it will be interesting to see how many make the grade to kick on ... The No 7 and 10 were good in midfield whilst the no 5 at the back was good along with a big strapping lad at No 8.

Nice to see Colin Little again at Alty, Also good to hear Buzz and Robbie giving there instructions, particulary in the first half.

distance traveler as one of the stewards that were on last night. I asked the young lady who was incharged of the girls to ask them to sit down in the stand for health and safety reasons unfortunately she said they are only eight years old what harm are they doing . So I reported it to the safety officer. You can always email the club to tell them of what happened last night.

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 11:16:55 AM »

distance traveler as one of the stewards that were on last night. I asked the young lady who was incharged of the girls to ask them to sit down in the stand for health and safety reasons unfortunately she said they are only eight years old what harm are they doing . So I reported it to the safety officer. You can always email the club to tell them of what happened last night.

I'd also like to hear why the same group were allowed to run riot on the pitch at half time. Friendly or not, you wouldn't see that in a Sunday League game.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »

Thanks for that..  As I was sat about 4 rows behind the chairman last night he must have seen what was happening so I do really expect him to get a grip of the situation..
That same woman who was in charge of the girls would be the first to complain if one of them had fell over and hurt herself..
I also assume that given the average age of the girls there parents/guardians must have been close to hand..

I bet if it was somebody berating the Chairman then would have been dealt with rather sharply.... Yes I know it was only a friendly and free to get in, but it still needs sorting. 
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team