Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Please don't punish our team or our coach funds by boycotting Saturday...

Author Topic: Please don't punish our team or our coach funds by boycotting Saturday...  (Read 1224 times)

markecky

Just my personal opinion, but to do so would be damaging to both of the above.  Get a sandwich at the services and take it in, take a flask, smuggle in a can or something.

Spend no money in there, stay out of the social but get behind the lads.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Please don't punish our team or our coach funds by boycotting Saturday...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 02:16:35 AM »

No point punishing the team and the coach subsidy.......it's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I know nearly everyone will feel aggrieved by this, but as Ecky says nobody buy a programme, a drink or food. Bit of solidarity needed. Maybe the bus could stop at a roadside truck stop......there's usually a few on that bypass ?
A few anti Ladak chants of 'we've not bought a pie you thievin ba****d' would not go amiss
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 01:42:05 PM »

You both make a good point actually...

I may just bite the bullet and pay the extra (and sit their and not smoke for 90 mins)

I love the lyrics to your song  . Oasis are looking for a new song writer  ;) :D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:44:14 PM by distancetraveller »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 05:01:52 PM »

Agreed boycotting attending the match would be cutting off our noses to spite our faces.
Man U fans had a similar gripe at Fulham a couple of seasons ago when they charged £45 when the match with City was £25 and Wigan £15. United fans boycotted buying things such as programmes, burger vans, rafflle tckets, drinks ect..
I suggest we do the same by boycotting all of these and also dont go in their club bar but a local pub instead. Take your own butties. Dont buy anything at all at the ground.
However to get the message accross it will be necessary to make our opinions verbally known to the turnstyles operators, and burger van staff who might get the message if they dont make any sales in the away stand.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Please don't punish our team or our coach funds by boycotting Saturday...