News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time to get behind the club

Author Topic: Time to get behind the club  (Read 3104 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 06, 2008, 07:25:04 PM »

I today went into the club and raised my concerns and told of my disapointment at the deal to allow FCUM to use moss lane for cup games.After speaking to people within the club I have mellowed on the idea slightly.Somebody at the club raised a very good point,for those that come on here and pour scorn on all these fundraising ideas that are thought up,and things the club want to do.why rather than pour scorn,why not offer an alternative solution to raise money for the team and the club? or ebven if you disagree with something, then rather than just knock it down, explain why,as a group, we may even get some ideas out of it.I went into the club today and suggested an idea that may or may not raise a few thousand quid in the next couple of months,but we need as a collective group to rejuvenate ourselves.

If we dont see a full noel white suite for the open meeting on the 15th then it will a very poor show.We will ALL have a chance to question teh board.This club has a harccore of 900, and the club need EVERYONE of those 900. Dont feel alienated.,if you have concerns, get down to the noel white suite and air them,we need to gel again as a unit,we need to get behind the manager, and we need to get behind the club.Its been a f**ker of a season and everyone knows mistakes have been made.But lets get raising some funds, and putting a decent wage bill together to give the manager the purse he needs to build a capable squad.We need to get the culture of progression back amongst everyone at the club, from top to bottom, no more misery and were not good enough quotes.Lets help the club and manager as fans build a new team that we can be proud of,be it at BSP or BSN level.

And if a homeless club from futher down the pyramid needs a bed for the night for a club of games, so f**king what,because I have been assured today that they will NEVER EVER have moss lane as a permenant base, and wont be playhing league games here, be it next year or in five years.

Come on people snap out of it,time to start building for the new season especially seeing as we're defo going to be in the BSP next season  regardless of what level we're at.

GET BEHIND EM.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Time to get behind the club
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 07:30:40 PM »

here here

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »

As I said yesterday, some of the things that have come out recently have raised an eyebrow, but after Altrincham is FC, football club, therefore next season I will be shouting the loudest for Altrincham Football Club, and that means supporting the manager, assistant manager, players, ballboys and burger flippers !!

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 07:32:30 PM »

Come on people snap out of it,time to start building for the new season especially seeing as we're defo going to be in the BSP next season  regardless of what level we're at.

GET BEHIND EM.
[/quote

Are we to read in that statement mate?]

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »

as I put previously

-------------
Ok, let me begin by saying YES I am annoyed at FC United of Manchester playing their cup games at Moss Lane and have told this to Geoff Goodwin but lets ask ourselves why they are doing it ?..

We want a successful team on the pitch and this inturn costs MONEY, this is extra revenue that the club can use wisely...

I HATE to agree with a Manchester United fan (sorry FC whatever but its all the same) but maybe we should look at ourselves and how we are promoting and raising money for the club. When SAFE was around we raised loads for this football club and we were always looking at ways to raise more.

I think the supporters trust was the death of this side of the football club with too many 'rules and regulations' in it for the Supporters to raise the money they wanted to. Sorry but thats my opinon, I just think it was atotally bad idea now but hindsight is a great thing.

So what do you think .. Can we go to the days of raising £20,000+ a season for this football club ?

I know I want as many buckets going round next season as possible to helpers always required...
Plus maybe we can do some 'theme' days and try and attract people\businesses to the club ?

Any ideas ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 07:42:03 PM »

GET BEHIND EM.
[/quote

Are we to read in that statement mate?]

This may or may not be only in my opinion

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 07:48:40 PM »

I appreciate the fine wordcs Hughsey...even though I thought you said something along the lines of up your arse that's it I'm off!!!

I don't want to put anything negative so i will just say anyone who feels the same please do what you can and get behind them.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »

I appreciate the fine wordcs Hughsey...even though I thought you said something along the lines of up your arse that's it I'm off!!!

I don't want to put anything negative so i will just say anyone who feels the same please do what you can and get behind them.

The club has a small fan base as it is,it'll do no good at all if we have that fragmented further by people flouncing.We need to have a rethink about STAR aswell, mayeb just have a fundraising body that works like SAFE,that is effective and doesnt get people disillusioned/fed up by the constant bickering over sub section two, bullet point 5 and actually does somting postive whilst the people involved actually enjoy it,rather than that silly lefty militant supporters trust nonsense.(no disrespect meant to anyone involved with STAR).

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »

In relation to Gary's comments, I was thinking about this myself. Isnt it about time that STAR was relaunched to encourage new fundraising initiatives and to give the supporters back their voice. I am not knocking STAR or any of the work they do, but it does seem to have been low key recently. I remember back to the launch at Cresta when everyone was full of hope and vigour.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 10:29:48 PM »

I think now that many fans have become less motivated in getting involved in fund raising activities,simply because STAR seem to have lost the plot of how to keep in touch with their members. In fact I do not think that they know who is a member or not anymore. With recent developments announced by the board, the supporters of this club must be feeling more & more distant from being the enthusiastic fans they once were.I certainly know that is the way I feel about what is going on at my club. I say my club, because that was the way I always saw it but not anymore I'm afraid.We as supporters, with our views & the great support we give the club do not seem to get listened to & with some of the recent statements we seem to be treated as as some sort of a brainless herd of sheep. I think that people running this football club should start to listen a little bit more instead of just dismissing peoples views in the sarcastic attitude which often comes across.I really do feel if this football club is to move on, then it really does have some work to do to get the harmony of the club & fans back together again.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 10:44:21 PM »

I'm almost ashamed to have helped create the monster that STAR became at one point.

I mean no ill to the people who currently sit upon the committee/board who are good good  people. 

STAR was meant to be the next step forwards from SAFE, something very close to my heart.  It turned out to be a vehicle for bureaucracy that had to have a vote if buy a biro.  Arguments drove some of the bets fundraisers this club has ever had away.  In the end, they couldn't be arsed with it.

I long for the days of George's squared paper accounts.  Every penny detailed to the last stamp.  No need for expensive audits, the constitution was cribbed from Paul Deweys Badminton club, it raised money.  Yes we wanted more of a say on how it was spent sometimes, it often hurt to work hard to throw it into a bottomless pit of debt but we always wrote the cheque in the end.

For me the shell of STAR should be disbanded and the great people on the committee begged to form a new one, a supporters association.  They may even get some new faces in..or some old faces. Just a plain and simple one with one aim to raise some cash to keep us going.

Forget the millstone of shares, mistakes have been made on both sides with the pursuit of those.

I'd love to end this post with a big "who's with me..lets meet up" but with a full time job and two businesses to run, along with a young family that person isn't me at the moment.

Maybe someone will take the first steps..maybe its crazy...but I'd be member number 1.

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 09:59:05 AM »

I'd like to respond to DAB who slams STAR as losing the plot and then says he feels disillusioned by the club not listening.

I don't know who DAB is but I wonder if he ever put himself/herself forward for membership secretary?

And i just wonder if he has thought for a second how the people running STAR felt about putting themselves out and then not being listened to....I can tell you it's soul destroying.

For example would DAB currently put himself out for a club who doesn't listen to him?

The good people running STAR were indeed thinking along the lines of Ecky's reasoning as STAR was beauracratic...while I was there I worked hard to dispense the need for a costly audit but even doing that by the rules meant someone had to print 200 letters and stuff them and post them....for an AGM we had to do 2 mailouts.

So the shell of STAR remains and could sit dormant in case of any future need for a TRUST.

A supporters association based on a badminton constitution on the back of  fag packet would be welcomed by the club....it just needs a body to step forward and get it set up....that body of people must be prepared to work their guts out and then face comments like they've lost the plot....form an orderly queue!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 10:06:53 AM »

Jezza, how many members are there in the Alty FC Suporters Trust ?
and do you still have the 'safe' members list that was passed over to the trust ??

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:06 AM »

Not sure if the original SAFE list is still around but the STAR memebrship obviously will be...last memebrship about 160 I think.

If you pm me I'll tell you who to contact to get your grubby hands on it!!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 05:47:37 PM »

I today went into the club and raised my concerns and told of my disapointment at the deal to allow FCUM to use moss lane for cup games.After speaking to people within the club I have mellowed on the idea slightly.Somebody at the club raised a very good point,for those that come on here and pour scorn on all these fundraising ideas that are thought up,and things the club want to do.why rather than pour scorn,why not offer an alternative solution to raise money for the team and the club? or ebven if you disagree with something, then rather than just knock it down, explain why,as a group, we may even get some ideas out of it.I went into the club today and suggested an idea that may or may not raise a few thousand quid in the next couple of months,but we need as a collective group to rejuvenate ourselves.

If we dont see a full noel white suite for the open meeting on the 15th then it will a very poor show.We will ALL have a chance to question teh board.This club has a harccore of 900, and the club need EVERYONE of those 900. Dont feel alienated.,if you have concerns, get down to the noel white suite and air them,we need to gel again as a unit,we need to get behind the manager, and we need to get behind the club.Its been a f**ker of a season and everyone knows mistakes have been made.But lets get raising some funds, and putting a decent wage bill together to give the manager the purse he needs to build a capable squad.We need to get the culture of progression back amongst everyone at the club, from top to bottom, no more misery and were not good enough quotes.Lets help the club and manager as fans build a new team that we can be proud of,be it at BSP or BSN level.

And if a homeless club from futher down the pyramid needs a bed for the night for a club of games, so f**king what,because I have been assured today that they will NEVER EVER have moss lane as a permenant base, and wont be playhing league games here, be it next year or in five years.

GET BEHIND EM.

Goodwinworthy post
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team