PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time to get behind Buzz and the team.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Time to get behind Buzz and the team.  (Read 10671 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 03, 2017, 06:45:25 PM »

There has been so much negativity on this forum and just generally in and around our club for too long now. 2016 has gone but I am confident we have made the right choice of management team, not manager ( yet - to be proven) but management until the end of the season.

We were already falling apart when Young took over but he really destroyed us with placing poor players on contracts and not retaining players like Clee, Leather and Havern, plus ridiculous turnover of players .  Never rated Harvey, poor tactics and awful during interviews. He repeated himself every bloody week. How he's been in the game so long but to come across so lost baffles me.

In Buzz we have a young manager in charge who was once described by Heathcote as someone who would run through walls to play, similar to Jones now. His interviews are straight talking, he explains the situation, he corrects mis quotes and he fully updates you.

People moaned when we signed Brownhill but we only had one left footed player at the club. He has brought balance, aggression and characters into the team. We have missed that since assistant Robbie Lawton left the club. Lawton another great acquisition by Buzz.

As for Heathcote, he did take a pay off but wouldn't anyone expect that? if you were to leave an employment position. He still had a mortgage, a family and young Sam Heathcote to feed. I have said it before but there are sometimes more important things than football and that is providing for your family.

I can assure you he loves this club and you can add Young's and Harvey's knowledge of non league football together and it won't even come near to Graham. I have been lucky enough to listen to his pre match talks, which quickly stopped after he left and the man has charisma and passion. He will get you up for a fight.

Yeah it may be too late to prevent relegation but we must still fight. The club for the first time since Sinnot left have made the correct decision. That dressing room now has characters that have been missing for far too long. Everyone fit, we will pick up points.

Time to give them a chance. Any moaning about the new signings or releases ....? No, so already he is achieving more than the two previous managers. I don't expect a result against Macclesfield and for me save the players for the league fight.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:48:14 PM by oneedham »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Time to get behind Buzz and the team.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 06:54:32 PM »

Well said, totally agree. I really hope the management team get it right because I like what I'm seeing already. It's naive to think we'll suddenly turn into a great football team overnight but the signs are encouraging. Say what you like about Graham but I always found him great to listen to.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »

Thanks. No quick fix but defo already going in a much better direction and if Walshaw decided to take Buzz's offer we would have a very good squad plus another decent centre back.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:25:52 PM »

Agreed.  Whats gone has gone. Nothing can be done to alter history. 

Squad defo has a better balance and look to it. 

Getting Jones to stay if number one prioity.
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 08:04:20 PM »

I can't make the Gloucester game, but  I intend to end my 3 month exile against Gainsborough on the 14th. This will give me a good yardstick to judge, since I saw both earlier matches against them.

The away league performance under NY was as bad as I've ever seen from an Alty team.

The cup game under JH was better.....but we still struggled to beat a very poor team.

So I'll be expecting a win....a fairly comfortable one at that.....since our opponents don't appear to have noticeably improved since those games. After that I'll decide whether to resume normal service.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »

Top post!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 09:51:47 PM »

After feeling really despondent for a while I am coming Saturday and looking forward to it
ParkINson's red and white army

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 12:08:20 PM »

COYR. Lets get behind BUZZ.
And all the team.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 04:31:49 PM »

Ending my 2 months exile on Saturday too, not expecting too much, a battling performance would do me
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 06:22:51 PM »

I'm genuinely curious why people are ending their self-imposed exiles. Nothing has changed in terms of the way the club is run or the closed shop within the boardroom. So, are you saying that you stopped going in protest at how badly the team was playing (which is also fair enough, hard earned money on watching dross and all that)?

I'm not judging here and think it is no bad thing that people are returning. I personally don't think staying away achieves anything anyway, but that's just my opinion.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »

I'm genuinely curious why people are ending their self-imposed exiles. Nothing has changed in terms of the way the club is run or the closed shop within the boardroom. So, are you saying that you stopped going in protest at how badly the team was playing (which is also fair enough, hard earned money on watching dross and all that)?

I'm not judging here and think it is no bad thing that people are returning. I personally don't think staying away achieves anything anyway, but that's just my opinion.
Basically got fed up with being served up substandard performances practically every match. I was away for Telford and Bradford and our failure to get anything from those two matches pissed me off beyond belief. Hence my almost 3 months absence.

It was never about money since I have a season ticket (for possibly the last time).

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 07:22:03 PM »

Basically got fed up with being served up substandard performances practically every match. I was away for Telford and Bradford and our failure to get anything from those two matches pissed me off beyond belief. Hence my almost 3 months absence.

It was never about money since I have a season ticket (for possibly the last time).

That's fair enough and when you say "for possibly the last time", do you mean until their is a change in the way Alty is run?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »

Not really....they can run it how they like if the team is winning. But I'm not rich enough to throw more good money away watching garbage.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 11:26:55 AM »

Not sure how long the fans can keep lifting themselves and turn up believing in a bunch of players who dont believe in themselves...

Im still stupid enough to believe we can scrape a few wins and then go on a belated run of confident victories....

Maybe a psychologist for the players is whats needed...or a hynotist

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 11:27:19 AM »

*hypnotist
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team