News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time for Heathcote to go?

Author Topic: Time for Heathcote to go?  (Read 4734 times)

salealty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 21, 2007, 07:54:35 PM »

After todays performance (or lack of one!!!) I think it is time Graham Heathcote stood down and let somebody take the club forward.

Todays performance was useless in the first half we had one shot that cleared the bar by about 10 foot. With the introduction of Rod and Talbot in attack the second half was slightly better.

In a must win game we had 4 defenders on the bench. We played our usual ineffective high balls most of the time the few times we got the ball on the floor we looked dangerous.

I know that GH isn't on the pitch but he decided the tactics and if players haven't been following them they should have been dropped.

Please spare me the part time and/or lots of injuries excuses. What's the point of having a reserve team if you don't use them surely it's better to put fit reserve players keen to what they can do  on the bench than injured 1st team players.

I hope we still stay up by beating Aldershot next week but even if we do it's still time for a change at the top.

In the end the book stops at the manager.

Altysmiffy

Re: Time for Heathcote to go?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »

After todays performance (or lack of one!!!) I think it is time Graham Heathcote stood down and let somebody take the club forward.

Todays performance was useless in the first half we had one shot that cleared the bar by about 10 foot. With the introduction of Rod and Talbot in attack the second half was slightly better.

In a must win game we had 4 defenders on the bench. We played our usual ineffective high balls most of the time the few times we got the ball on the floor we looked dangerous.

I know that GH isn't on the pitch but he decided the tactics and if players haven't been following them they should have been dropped.

Please spare me the part time and/or lots of injuries excuses. What's the point of having a reserve team if you don't use them surely it's better to put fit reserve players keen to what they can do  on the bench than injured 1st team players.

I hope we still stay up by beating Aldershot next week but even if we do it's still time for a change at the top.

What piffle!!!

1) Without GH I very much doubt Alty would even be in the Conference.
2) GH's judgement has been 1st class over players like O'Neill & Munroe - so I think he knows the best people to play
3) By defenition, Alty are far from the best team in the Conference & do not have the best players. These are players who try their hearts out and to   
    the best of their abilities. They do Alty proud.
4) The way Little & O'Neill play, barring injury, there would be no need for GH to substitute them. With the exception of McFadden, who else do we have
    for the bench?
5) GH had a contingency plan & Alty were better with Talbs up front
6) As much as I would like to see our reserves get into the first team, do you really think this is the best match to play them - to throw them into the   
    Lion's Den? So if we drop the players, who do we replace them with?
7) Whether you like it or not, the injuries do make a difference.
8 ) Most of these players (reserves too) work full time during the week. They cannot be expected to keep the same level of consistency as Man U or   
   Chelsea.
9) GH and the players have done a fantastic job for us to be in with a chance of avoiding relegation.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 08:10:35 PM »

I know that GH isn't on the pitch but he decided the tactics and if players haven't been following them they should have been

dropped.

theres always one

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 08:12:28 PM »

What piffle!!!

1) Without GH I very much doubt Alty would even be in the Conference.
2) GH's judgement has been 1st class over players like O'Neill & Munroe - so I think he knows the best people to play
3) By defenition, Alty are far from the best team in the Conference & do not have the best players. These are players who try their hearts out and to   
    the best of their abilities. They do Alty proud.
4) The way Little & O'Neill play, barring injury, there would be no need for GH to substitute them. With the exception of McFadden, who else do we have
    for the bench?
5) GH had a contingency plan & Alty were better with Talbs up front
6) As much as I would like to see our reserves get into the first team, do you really think this is the best match to play them - to throw them into the   
    Lion's Den? So if we drop the players, who do we replace them with?
7) Whether you like it or not, the injuries do make a difference.
8 ) Most of these players (reserves too) work full time during the week. They cannot be expected to keep the same level of consistency as Man U or   
   Chelsea.
9) GH and the players have done a fantastic job for us to be in with a chance of avoiding relegation.

well said smiffy. totally agree with you on this one. GH is the man for Alty! we jus need to get behind the lads 100% before next weeks match. this is not the time to be discussing things like this, we should be concentrating on aldersh*t and lets see what happens next week before we talk about things like this.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »

Thanks Mike, well said

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 08:32:12 PM »

I dont think so.
But then again Dalton would seem a good manager to fill in.

Leighton_Alty

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 08:41:26 PM »

or lets just not drop him, bleedung hell just cause we lost today, doesn't mean he should be dropped!
look how much he has done for the club!
NO WAY SHOULD HE BE DROPPED!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 08:57:12 PM »

Altysmiffy,

Alas, there speaks the man who hasn't had to attend and endure most of the games this season!

It all looks better from Scotland.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 08:59:52 PM »

Altysmiffy,

Alas, there speaks the man who hasn't had to attend and endure most of the games this season!

It all looks better from Scotland.

You ever tried watching Scottish football?????

lukealty12

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 09:28:08 PM »

well said smiffy

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 09:43:09 PM »

he did win promotion with f**k all money though i wouldnt want anyone else at the helm

James Black

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 10:19:24 PM »

i don't kow about it been time for GH to go but i know u need a vist to the doctors

T.A

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 11:12:53 PM »

Its nonsense, GH has passion for alty and is the best manager in the conference

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 12:58:55 AM »

now before i get baraged and peaked like crazy ther is merit in both arguments. Heathcote should not be sacked and the thought of it is ludacris but things at times do need changing. many a time this year i have been screaming at cote to get some fresh younger legs on earlier in the game to give us a fighting chance. colin the legend that he is is not the man he used to be and fitness has played a BIG part in his season and i feel getting pat, rod, kieron on for a run sooner rather than later using col as a 60 minute man now would see us more effectivley put the sword to many teams. there is the argument that col can always pull a goal or three from somewhere but whats sayin some of the other lads given more time on the pitch would not be able to do that also.

injuries have played a major factor and this year be it col early on and to be fair following on from last year or more recently the injries to senior and now joe have played their part. I'm sure had wee been clear and safe before today some of the reserves would have got a run out would you expect england to start playing the under 21's inthe worldcup final against brazil i can see the uproar now terry and ferdinand dropped for a couple of lads with a few championship or premiership starts under their belt against the strongest attack force in the world. granted tamworth aren't the greatest attack force in the world but they are a team who know they needed to win every game to survive. so bringing in reserves into the squad was a no go when lads who have played at this level were actually fit enough to be on the bench or starting.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team