PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time to Buy
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Time to Buy  (Read 6209 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Time to Buy
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »

If the club cannot even sort out the PA system to keep the fans informed of who is actually playing or being substituted etc.

Ha! I thought I was going nuts because I've been standing in a different part of the ground to last season. I still have no idea who half our players are!

brian1925

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »

Come on let's be honest here. There should be no need for any team at our level to have to spend a transfer fee on a player. I was quite taken aback by Stalybridge paying £5000 on a player from Frickley recently (until I remembered the money they obviously got for Jennings). Now, wages and inducements are quite a separate issue and I would honestly hope that given the attendance we get at matches that we'd be able to compete with 6 or 7 other teams in the league for desirable out-of-contract players, but we seem to struggle to even do that, which I don't understand. Are there just a lot of teams in our league with sugar daddies at the moment, or are their management teams just better at recruiting and motivating players?

arnald

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 10:55:43 AM »

crawl out the wood work against histon , lets get sinnot some dosh to spend ,
and stop these f c teams acting like a bunch of knob hounds , we can take em ;: come on

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 10:58:44 AM »

I'm stupid - unless you mean have debts which are serviced or secured?

I don't think you're stupid Bob but you do seem to be scarred by events 10 years ago. Or do you seriously think that we can't spend any money without going ott and ending up in the taxman's office again?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »

But you can't spend it if you haven't got it, unless you set out to get into debt. Depends on the type of debt I guess.

RocketDan

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »

Every spare penny should be spent on wages. There are enough footballers in the north west who are are not on fixed longterm contracts that we can get in on a free transfer as and when they become available. A couple of poor performances doesn't justify taking money out of the wage budget to spend on transfer fees.

nutty

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »

Surely we can find a decent left back somewhere instead of re-signing the likes of matt doughty!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time to Buy