PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time for Lee to bow out
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Time for Lee to bow out  (Read 12924 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Time for Lee to bow out
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »

Seriously most of you, go back to the beginning of this thread and read it again. It is a childrens play ground seriously.

Here is the situation:-

You bring in players to the club that we all thought looked good in pre season.
We start the season and do ok.
We have a good run.
We have a bad run.

Now then the bad run is taking over our thoughts at the moment as that is where we are at.

So lets put it right, it is easy to do for anyone surely we only need to replace about 8 players and here is our position:-

We have no funds to pay high wages, or buy players
We have players on contract who would cost more to release
Most players are playing for clubs at the moment so finding unattached players or those wishing to move to Alty is difficult.

Of course we all know that nothing is being done behind the scenes because we havent signed anyone yet and only let Robbie leave, we all know what is going behind scenes dont we?
But lets make a knee jerk reaction and bring in 5 players now who might not be the right ones, but dont worry it will please the fans to see something being done, even if it leaves the club in a worse postion.

Get a grip people, chill out, stop the fighting and lets see what happens. Rome was not built in a day.

And yes I am being sarcastic in alot that I have posted before anyone slags me off and yes I have typed this fast so there could be spelling mistakes in it and if so I apolgise now for my grammar and spelling.

I am down and feel like Alty is bad at the moment but come on - get a sense of reality of what is or isnt happening - in most cases as usual on this forum we speculate about stuff we know jack all about, and at present most if not all know jack about what is or isnt happening behind the scenes and closed doors.

Good post Jenga, have a G.

Hamilton

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2011, 12:51:27 AM »

Seriously most of you, go back to the beginning of this thread and read it again. It is a childrens play ground seriously.

Here is the situation:-

You bring in players to the club that we all thought looked good in pre season.
We start the season and do ok.
We have a good run.
We have a bad run.

Now then the bad run is taking over our thoughts at the moment as that is where we are at.

So lets put it right, it is easy to do for anyone surely we only need to replace about 8 players and here is our position:-

We have no funds to pay high wages, or buy players
We have players on contract who would cost more to release
Most players are playing for clubs at the moment so finding unattached players or those wishing to move to Alty is difficult.

Of course we all know that nothing is being done behind the scenes because we havent signed anyone yet and only let Robbie leave, we all know what is going behind scenes dont we?
But lets make a knee jerk reaction and bring in 5 players now who might not be the right ones, but dont worry it will please the fans to see something being done, even if it leaves the club in a worse postion.

Get a grip people, chill out, stop the fighting and lets see what happens. Rome was not built in a day.

And yes I am being sarcastic in alot that I have posted before anyone slags me off and yes I have typed this fast so there could be spelling mistakes in it and if so I apolgise now for my grammar and spelling.

I am down and feel like Alty is bad at the moment but come on - get a sense of reality of what is or isnt happening - in most cases as usual on this forum we speculate about stuff we know jack all about, and at present most if not all know jack about what is or isnt happening behind the scenes and closed doors.

Absolutely

Spot on

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2011, 09:05:41 AM »

I'm a bit worried that Sinnott apparently offered all last seasons' squad terms for this year with the exception of Beesley, Dootson and Denham and a couple who were only on loan like Baynes and Piergianni. That smacked of not having a clear idea of who or what was required, I mean what if they'd all turned round and said yeh I'll stay? We could have had Joseph and the like playing for us again.
I'd like to have seen him say, right we're building it like this, you, you and you are pony go away, Reevesy or whoever you are definately worth keeping.

As it is we've ended up with a load of last seasons squad who were unable to get themselves fixed up at a higher level or did indeed want to stay, and fair play to them for that of course but what you see is what you get. And it seemed that the other players brought in were just available (flynn), fell into our lap by coming for a trial after being without a club (Jones) or were Tolsons Hyde players (Lynch, Lees). I think the only area where we've seenhis contacts kick in has been the recruitment of former Port Vale players (Richman, Lawrie). The resigning of Robbie Williams has worried a few, I'm not having a go at him in particular as I've not seen to many of his games on return and I like the lad but I'd like to think our manager who was appointed for his knowledge of this level could find a better centre back.

Indeed, part of some people's wavering I suspect is down to us not really getting what we expected, I thought we'd get a Gerry Quinn esque rebuilding with some solid no nonsense Northern centre backs, we're be organised and uncompromising although maybe not with enough flair to put teams away at times. As it is it's been the exact opposite and all that's really been confirmed is that the likes of Clee, Reeves and Densmore can play some nice stuff at times but I knew that even when we got relegated last season.

For the record I'd keep Lee Sinnott for now as I'm not sure that there'll necessarily be any difference (the budget won't go up anytime soon) but I'd like to see changes, and clear changes. If Lee has a 2 year plan (and how anyone can plan for 2 years when you can't put players on contract for more than one is beyond me? I mean if Reeves is his main man I don't see how you can guarantee he'll stay in the summer with the amount of offers a 30 goal striker will get) then I'd like to see a more definitive game plan.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2011, 09:29:17 AM »

Very good post Ballers.

See my comments in response to another thread.

The bloke at Hyde has shown what is possible at this level with the right knowledge/contacts without resorting to the Staly approach advocated by some.

brian1925

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 11:22:57 AM »

Brilliant post by ballers, reflects exactly how I feel.

taxi Phil

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2011, 12:06:47 PM »

On the money as usual Ballers.

RocketDan

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2011, 02:16:50 PM »

Spot on the money Ballers.

I think one of the most revealing statistics about our current manager and squad is that 20 games into the season and we still haven't won a game 1-0. Why do I say this? Well if you look at teams like Manchester united and Chelsea (when they won the league) they have a nack of grinding out results, getting the job done, winning ugly etc. I don't see that winning mentality in our squad - it's either all or nothing with these boys.

I think the fact we are also still to win a game from behind adds to my assessment of the squads character and ability

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2011, 05:23:03 PM »

Spot on the money Ballers.

I think one of the most revealing statistics about our current manager and squad is that 20 games into the season and we still haven't won a game 1-0. Why do I say this? Well if you look at teams like Manchester united and Chelsea (when they won the league) they have a nack of grinding out results, getting the job done, winning ugly etc. I don't see that winning mentality in our squad - it's either all or nothing with these boys.

I think the fact we are also still to win a game from behind adds to my assessment of the squads character and ability

Never mind winning - the last eight times we've conceded the first goal, we've gone on to lose. That's pretty pathetic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time for Lee to bow out