PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time for Lee to bow out
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Time for Lee to bow out  (Read 12920 times)

VofD

Re: Time for Lee to bow out
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »

Sinnott should be sacked purely  for continuing to believe that RICHMAN and BROWN are footballers.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 10:24:12 AM »

He should act to get the club back to winning ways,if being out of the cups makes the team perform better then ok.
Harold

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 12:33:55 PM »

Sinnott should be sacked purely  for continuing to believe that RICHMAN and BROWN are footballers.

Ok,so you single out Richman and Brown but you could easily add more but if you take an indepth look at Lee Sinnott's situation,then you should be a little more sympathetic,his hands are tied with the budget and whether we think  he has brought the wrong players in etc. it is hard for any manager when so many players seem to have taken a dip in form.It is obvious that he can't just go out and remedy the situation in one clean sweep,so his only options at the moment as I see it are to keep trying to get the best out of what he as got,all be it maybe playing them in different positions.Hopefully soon he will be in a position to bring some new blood into the team but let's give him the time to try and sort this lot out,all managers get things wrong and I am sure that Lee would admit to that.Some fans would say how long do we give him then,I would say certainly more than just half a season.Some of our fans criticise him
for being too quiet in the dugout,it was probably those same fans who thought a previous manager was just the extreme and didn't like that,every manager is different in the way he reacts to situations.At the moment Lee is not at the top of many fans most wanted list but let's give him at least a season to get things sorted and if we are still not happy,then ok we move on.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »

it is hard for any manager when so many players seem to have taken a dip in form.

Agreed. Question is why?

Perhaps it is down to the tactics they are using?

Just one example.  I look at our midfielders and whilst they may not be world beaters they are far from donkies either yet I can never quite fathom out what their roles are. They just seem to drift about neither contributing to a sold defence nor adding much potency to the attack.

FC Utd didn't have better players than us yesterday, bar the odd flash from Rocca, but they looked much more organised than we did.

Jezza

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 02:32:51 PM »

My opinion is that we had hardly any players at the start of pre season....so this is Lee's squad as a mixture of existing players Lee chose to keep (barring twiss) and those Lee has bought in......Lee has a valid mitigation in the cut of £30k budget while paying twiss (albeit twiss has at least meritted some payment this season) and the fact that going out of two cup competitions first round means the budget for this season wont improve.

It can't work out first time everytime and Lee still has major surgery to perform I think everyone will agree with the entire defence and in my opinion we are lacking a ball winner in midfield to give the defence a bit of extra protection....

This season if lee had got the mixture bang on right first time yes we could have bounced straight back up as many were saying pre season there was no reason why not....well folks, not getting it absolutly bang on first time was the reason why not!

So I want to see Lee Sinnott show gradual improvements to the team that makes us look by the end of the season (not xmas or the next 3 games) like favourites for the title next season.....so lee has for me up to about 3 games before the end of the season....

Unless of course we start losing 3-0 every single week and we suddenly can't see where the next goal is coming from.....despite the FCUM result being the latest in a line of desperate performances and results, it is not I believe that bad at the moment to consider insulting the manager and calling for his head....but we do need to be calling for improvements.

And I think the board need to continue to seek outside investment and come up with a vision for the future which they can sell to an investor along the lines of full time YOUTH combined with the part time quality of Reeves, Clee etc.....really see this as key ot our future..and lee needs to buy into this...

Passion?......I couldn't care less about how the manager acts, I want the team to perform and generally the more passionate a manger acts it usually means the worse the team are playing!....you couldn't get more passionate than Graham Heathcote at times!!!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 05:28:47 PM »

Having calmed down (sort of) from yesterday I've been mulling over LS decisions and basically after deciding on the 4-4-2 formation he only had 2 decisions to make.

1- Who plays on the right wing

2- Who partners Reeves up front

He got one right and one wrong. Personally I would have gone 3-4-3 .

Just thought I'd share it with you.

Will be intersting to see how many go to Halifax now.

Full time and proud of it

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 05:35:56 PM »

Having calmed down (sort of) from yesterday I've been mulling over LS decisions and basically after deciding on the 4-4-2 formation he only had 2 decisions to make.

1- Who plays on the right wing

2- Who partners Reeves up front

He got one right and one wrong. Personally I would have gone 3-4-3 .

Just thought I'd share it with you.

Will be intersting to see how many go to Halifax now.

I applaud your powers of recovery - I'm still absolutely fuming.

I think Lynch's unavailability (and Lawton's departure for that matter) made 3-4-3 less of an option, as he'd have had to play Richman either in centre midfield or as right wing back (unless anyone can suggest an alternative) and I hate to think what would have happened in either of those scenarios.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »

What was up with Lynch?
Full time and proud of it

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 06:24:32 PM »

What was up with Lynch?

He came off with a knock in the Gloucester game so the assumption is he hadn't recovered from that.

roytonmike

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »

I believe that ANY manager - at any level - should be given a season as a bare minimum before anybody talks about replacing him. There are things we don't know - such as what financial restraints he may be working under; there are things we may not agree with - deployment of resources, for example; but all managers should be given adequate time to do their job in their own way. We will not be going down at season's end; we may well not be in the play-offs but we have no divine right to be in the top five. Let's calm down a bit  and re-assess if needs be at the end of April.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 07:13:12 PM »

What was up with Lynch?

He came off with a knock in the Gloucester game so the assumption is he hadn't recovered from that.
Groin injury.

Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »

I believe that ANY manager - at any level - should be given a season as a bare minimum before anybody talks about replacing him. There are things we don't know - such as what financial restraints he may be working under; there are things we may not agree with - deployment of resources, for example; but all managers should be given adequate time to do their job in their own way. We will not be going down at season's end; we may well not be in the play-offs but we have no divine right to be in the top five. Let's calm down a bit  and re-assess if needs be at the end of April.

Yes

York Alty

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2011, 10:18:06 PM »

Yes
Yes

Jenga

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2011, 10:42:42 PM »

Seriously most of you, go back to the beginning of this thread and read it again. It is a childrens play ground seriously.

Here is the situation:-

You bring in players to the club that we all thought looked good in pre season.
We start the season and do ok.
We have a good run.
We have a bad run.

Now then the bad run is taking over our thoughts at the moment as that is where we are at.

So lets put it right, it is easy to do for anyone surely we only need to replace about 8 players and here is our position:-

We have no funds to pay high wages, or buy players
We have players on contract who would cost more to release
Most players are playing for clubs at the moment so finding unattached players or those wishing to move to Alty is difficult.

Of course we all know that nothing is being done behind the scenes because we havent signed anyone yet and only let Robbie leave, we all know what is going behind scenes dont we?
But lets make a knee jerk reaction and bring in 5 players now who might not be the right ones, but dont worry it will please the fans to see something being done, even if it leaves the club in a worse postion.

Get a grip people, chill out, stop the fighting and lets see what happens. Rome was not built in a day.

And yes I am being sarcastic in alot that I have posted before anyone slags me off and yes I have typed this fast so there could be spelling mistakes in it and if so I apolgise now for my grammar and spelling.

I am down and feel like Alty is bad at the moment but come on - get a sense of reality of what is or isnt happening - in most cases as usual on this forum we speculate about stuff we know jack all about, and at present most if not all know jack about what is or isnt happening behind the scenes and closed doors.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:46:42 PM by Jenga »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2011, 11:41:43 PM »

Seriously most of you, go back to the beginning of this thread and read it again. It is a childrens play ground seriously.

Here is the situation:-

You bring in players to the club that we all thought looked good in pre season.
We start the season and do ok.
We have a good run.
We have a bad run.

Now then the bad run is taking over our thoughts at the moment as that is where we are at.

So lets put it right, it is easy to do for anyone surely we only need to replace about 8 players and here is our position:-

We have no funds to pay high wages, or buy players
We have players on contract who would cost more to release
Most players are playing for clubs at the moment so finding unattached players or those wishing to move to Alty is difficult.

Of course we all know that nothing is being done behind the scenes because we havent signed anyone yet and only let Robbie leave, we all know what is going behind scenes dont we?
But lets make a knee jerk reaction and bring in 5 players now who might not be the right ones, but dont worry it will please the fans to see something being done, even if it leaves the club in a worse postion.

Get a grip people, chill out, stop the fighting and lets see what happens. Rome was not built in a day.

And yes I am being sarcastic in alot that I have posted before anyone slags me off and yes I have typed this fast so there could be spelling mistakes in it and if so I apolgise now for my grammar and spelling.

I am down and feel like Alty is bad at the moment but come on - get a sense of reality of what is or isnt happening - in most cases as usual on this forum we speculate about stuff we know jack all about, and at present most if not all know jack about what is or isnt happening behind the scenes and closed doors.

Absolutely
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time for Lee to bow out