PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time for Lee to bow out
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Time for Lee to bow out  (Read 12923 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Time for Lee to bow out
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 10:54:08 PM »

Today we lost a football match

Somewhere in the area of Chester two young boys lost their father,  a woman lost her husband and an elderly couple lost their son.

A disastrous (football) result for us but a totally mind numbing catastrophe for those people, most of whom will probably spend the rest of their lives wondering what they could have done to prevent what happened and all of whom will be affected by it for the rest of their lives - I know, a very good friend of mine committed suicide 26 years ago and I still think I could have done more to prevent it.

A bit of perspective please

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »

Somewhere in the area of Chester two young boys lost their father,  a woman lost her husband and an elderly couple lost their son.

A disastrous (football) result for us but a totally mind numbing catastrophe for those people, most of whom will probably spend the rest of their lives wondering what they could have done to prevent what happened and all of whom will be affected by it for the rest of their lives - I know, a very good friend of mine committed suicide 26 years ago and I still think I could have done more to prevent it.

With respect Phil, and as desperately sad as it was, it has nothing to do with us whatsoever. Bad things happen in the world every single minute. I'll make sure I tell those I love that I love them tonight, I'll remind myself to but also this is a forum for us about Alty and we're able to say what we feel. Misguided Phil.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 11:25:04 PM »

2. In our attempt to stay in BSP last term, we "borrowed" from this season's budget, thus Lee's hands are tied to some extent this year. I assume he'll have a bigger budget next season, so let's give him time.

That's a nice line that some people would have us believe but lets have it right we "borrowed from this seasons' budget to pay off Graham Heathcote, not in an attempt to stay in the BSP.

The latter part of your sentence is a fair point though
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:31:22 PM by Ballers »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »

With respect Phil, and as desperately sad as it was, it has nothing to do with us whatsoever. Bad things happen in the world every single minute. I'll make sure I tell those I love that I love them tonight, I'll remind myself to but also this is a forum for us about Alty and we're able to say what we feel. Misguided Phil.

Not even 1% misguided Ballers - it's far more misguided IMHO to get so wrapped up in what is after all A GAME that you run the risk of losing sight of the much bigger picture. We could get relegated to the Cheshire League but nobody would actually have lost their life, husband, father son etc.

Sorry to disagree Gareth but you will see from the post that I have a personal perspective on this which I sincerely hope very few, if any, people on here have the misfortune to share

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 11:37:33 PM »

Well I've got a personal perspective on it too but that doesn'y matter.

You're wrong. People aren't misguided and lacking perspective because they're going mad about today's defeat, the exact opposite in fact because they're on here talking about it rather than wrapping it all together with the rest of their lives.

As an example I've had a lovely meal with the missus tonight and talked about all manner of things with only a passing remark to the defeat, however if it seems like it's all that's being talked about on here then it's bacuse that's what the forums for.

You're wrong Phil, bad things happen every single second of every day, I'd go mad and with a heavy heart if I used it as perpective.

Load of twaddle.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 11:50:49 PM »

You're wrong. People aren't misguided and lacking perspective because they're going mad about today's defeat, the exact opposite in fact because they're on here talking about it rather than wrapping it all together with the rest of their lives.

As an example I've had a lovely meal with the missus tonight and talked about all manner of things with only a passing remark to the defeat, however if it seems like it's all that's being talked about on here then it's bacuse that's what the forums for.

You're wrong Phil, bad things happen every single second of every day, I'd go mad and with a heavy heart if I used it as perpective.

Load of twaddle.

I was accepting most of that Gareth...then you said that it was a load of twaddle. I never disrespected your perspective by calling it twaddle, please do me the courtesy of reciprocating

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 11:54:26 PM »

Yes it is tragic news about Gary Speed, but Ballers is right, it has nothing to do with Alty or our failings. Frankly it is disrepectful to both Gary Speed's memory and the users of this forum that you deem to even intertwine the two. Instead of showing respect you have turned the focus onto you.

Eatmygoal

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 11:56:39 PM »

Somewhere in the area of Chester two young boys lost their father,  a woman lost her husband and an elderly couple lost their son.

This makes me think you're still affected by grief. Your post reads like you need a counsellor, not a forum.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:59:24 PM by Eatmygoal »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 12:19:47 AM »

Load of twaddle.

I was accepting most of that Gareth...then you said that it was a load of twaddle. I never disrespected your perspective by calling it twaddle, please do me the courtesy of reciprocating

Phil,

You know that I count you as a good friend but I have to be honest with you on this issue.

Ballers is absolutely correct.

You may have posted your message with the right intentions....but it was, indeed, a load of twaddle, I'm afraid.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 12:33:22 AM »

I appreciate, understand and accept this comment in the way it was posted. As disappointing as recent form has been, we and the players live to fight another day.

ATS has made a very insightful and honest comment.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 07:45:50 AM »

Say we get rid of Sinnott and the new man (clearly wearing a tracksuit and waving his arms around on the touchline) doesn't show any marked improvement in the league position after five months. Surely he has to go?

Of course things need to improve, but knee jerk manager changes when we are still in a position to challenge and we are not half way through the season is pointless.

RocketDan

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 08:38:16 AM »

back to the thread.....

It's easy to praise the manager for the two 6-1 victories in ten days. It's easy to criticise the manager for losing 4 out of the last 5 games. For me, the best way of judging a manager is by seeing how the team bounces back after a bad run.

When everything is going fine and the team is scoring, management should be a doddle. The hard part is turning it around poor performances, getting the team motivated, focused and back to winning ways.

Come Christmas, we will have a much clearer picture of Lee's character and his ability as a manager. Like i've said elsewhere - the next three matches are massive.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 09:26:28 AM by RocketDan »

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 09:14:59 AM »

Web page reads dip in form?
When have we had any form?  (I assume Boston & Colwyn Bay)?

We are out of all cup comps!
Won 7 out of 17 league games

Hyde or Stalybridge might have a dip in form but surely we cannot ?
We are woeful front to back, & nearer the the foot of the league (by 11pts)than the top (by 23pts).
I doubt we have had a dip in form? We are just about average in this league!

markecky

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 09:23:47 AM »

Web page reads dip in form?
When have we had any form?  (I assume Boston & Colwyn Bay)?

We are out of all cup comps!
Won 7 out of 17 league games

Hyde or Stalybridge might have a dip in form but surely we cannot ?
We are woeful front to back, & nearer the the foot of the league (by 11pts)than the top (by 23pts).

I'd say winning 5 out of 6 games league games with a defeat to the best team in the league could be considered form up to the Eastwood match.

Not sure what the leagues top scorer would think of your claim we are woeful front to back.  He might agree with the back bit..

Lets have a few facts thrown in to the mix at least..

fuertes

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 09:29:57 AM »

Dictionary on your Christmas List, I take it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time for Lee to bow out