PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time for Lee to bow out
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Time for Lee to bow out  (Read 12921 times)

Stan Hibbert

Time for Lee to bow out
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:05:22 PM »

Sorry Lee, but its time for you to bow out.

You've brought nothing to the party and continue to make mistake after mistake. The substitutions you made today were inept and cost us the game.

Okay, your budget isnt massive but what exacty have you added to this club since you turned up 3 months ago? Nothing.

RocketDan

Re: Time for Lee to bow out
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »

give him till christmas. he has plenty of time to turn it around.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:10:45 PM »

Not sure that now is the time for silly games and posts Dan to be honest..

How long does his replacement get out of interest?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »

I don't recall anyone saying that we had a 3 month plan and that was it. It took Graham Heathcote 2 years before he achieved anything (including almost failing to qualify for Conf North) and Lee Sinnott deserves the same degree of patience that was given to him.

Yes, things are pretty sh*t at present and big changes are definitely needed, I think we all agree about that. However, the knee-jerk reaction of some people at the moment is completely OTT.
Come on Alty!

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »

I don't recall anyone saying that we had a 3 month plan and that was it. It took Graham Heathcote 2 years before he achieved anything (including almost failing to qualify for Conf North) and Lee Sinnott deserves the same degree of patience that was given to him.

Yes, things are pretty sh*t at present and big changes are definitely needed, I think we all agree about that. However, the knee-jerk reaction of some people at the moment is completely OTT.

No it's not.

If I was given a job at a club where things werent going well I would change things for the better.

What has he changed? He's made things worse...!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 08:17:26 PM »

No it's not.

It is, you're talking knee-jerk bollocks.
Come on Alty!

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 08:21:23 PM »

No it's not.

It is, you're talking knee-jerk bollocks.

Give over. What world do you live in..???

If you think this is good enough then you're living in a different world to the majority.

Okay, I dont expect us to be winning the Conference but I do expect us to be abe to compete with FCUM etc etc etc etc.

Having watched Alty for 31 I dont make knee jerk reactions. I know when things aren't right

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »

Everybody will have opinions about the manager, my own being that I would rather see somebody with a bit of passion manage at our club.Everytime I look towards the bench I see Sinnott leaning on the wall showing no expression at all! At least his assistant tries to encourage the lads! Even when we score Sinnott hardly breaks a smile. You see managers at Hyde and Stalybridge who are lively and encourage their teams for 90 mins, and you can see how well they are doing in the league. As I said I no everybody won't agree but changes should be made sooner rather than later as this league could be even tougher next season!

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »

We should all remember two important points.

1. Lee didn't claim to be some sort of Messiah, warned us at the beginning that he didn't want to go up to come straight back down, and advised that it could be two years at least to attain his aim.

2. In our attempt to stay in BSP last term, we "borrowed" from this season's budget, thus Lee's hands are tied to some extent this year. I assume he'll have a bigger budget next season, so let's give him time.

The team I saw rip Colwyn Bay and Boston to shreds hasn't turned to total sh*t quite yet. It's not like we're in danger of going Evo Stik next season - have a little faith, and more importantly patience !

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »

Everybody will have opinions about the manager, my own being that I would rather see somebody with a bit of passion manage at our club.Everytime I look towards the bench I see Sinnott leaning on the wall showing no expression at all! At least his assistant tries to encourage the lads! Even when we score Sinnott hardly breaks a smile. You see managers at Hyde and Stalybridge who are lively and encourage their teams for 90 mins, and you can see how well they are doing in the league. As I said I no everybody won't agree but changes should be made sooner rather than later as this league could be even tougher next season!

:)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 09:32:43 PM »

Its ridiculous to say that Lee should be sacked this early in the season. He needs to be given the opportunity to turn things round. What I would question though is how competitive is Lee's budget? It might be that he doesnt have the funds to provide a team that can be as successful as we want.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 09:35:58 PM »

Its ridiculous to say that Lee should be sacked this early in the season. He needs to be given the opportunity to turn things round. What I would question though is how competitive is Lee's budget? It might be that he doesnt have the funds to provide a team that can be as successful as we want.

He shouldn't be sacked, I agree. He should p*ss off.

RocketDan

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 09:48:24 PM »

Not sure that now is the time for silly games and posts Dan to be honest..

How long does his replacement get out of interest?

it's just my opinion but he has 3 games to turn it around.

if we get 2 points or less, he should walk.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »

He shouldn't be sacked, I agree. He should p*ss off.

The fact remains that he deserves longer than 3 months to make things work. Were you of the opinion that "he should piss off" 50 days ago when we'd just achieved our second 6-1 win in the space of three games? Probably not I suspect. But now we've had a bad run and you're spewing vitriol about the bloke like there's no tomorrow. There's a total lack of balance in what you're saying and I think you ought to recognise that fact.

Like I said, things have gone terribly wrong lately but the situation is not irretrievable by any stretch of the imagination.
Come on Alty!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 10:00:07 PM »

As bad as the last few games have been, the season can still be retrieved. Some changes need to be made,and some players need to look at themselves in the mirror, but the aim for top 5 is still in our reach. Remember we have only seen 2 decent sides in the league (Stalybridge and Guisley), we just need to better these poor sides.

And I believe to stick with Lee. This season was always going to be a rebuilding job,if we get in top 5 great. If we are still in this league next season, I expect a tilt on the title.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time for Lee to bow out