PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thats a Turnup!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Thats a Turnup!  (Read 5771 times)

markecky

Thats a Turnup!
« on: September 10, 2008, 09:53:46 PM »

Longman

Re: Thats a Turnup!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »

Great performance tonight, thought every player was fantastic!  Was also nice to ram it down the boo boys throats, not to mention that arrogant prick Billic!

Proud to be English,  :)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:19:47 AM »

Was their a match last night ?

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:24:26 AM »

Couldn't care less now the FA has finally well and truelly sold out giving 700,000 setanta viewers the chance to watch at the expense of 10,000,000 regular terrestial viewers.

Croatia are rubbish anyway and were down to 10 men...we should have beaten them home and away in the euro but for sh*t management, crappy goalkeepers and a slice of bad luck.

Well be world beaters now ready to end 44 years of hurt and counting.....until capello reunites Gerrard and lampard.

If football supporters had any respect they'd boycott everything to do with the FA and England and leave them with an empty stadium that they have to sell to rugby or kylie to fill.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »

Fully expected a hammering there last night but we played really well and thoroughly deserved the result. Let's face it, you only get these performances from England once every blue moon but it was a most enjoyable game.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 10:41:00 AM »

Yes, Ireland drew 0-0 in Montenegro.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:42:03 AM »

Ah bless them.. Well good luck for the next match...

Alex

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 10:59:13 AM »

norn iron 0-0 czech rep. dont know bout any others (and quite frankly couldn't care less)

Longman

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 11:16:31 AM »

Couldn't care less now the FA has finally well and truelly sold out giving 700,000 setanta viewers the chance to watch at the expense of 10,000,000 regular terrestial viewers.

Croatia are rubbish anyway and were down to 10 men...we should have beaten them home and away in the euro but for sh*t management, crappy goalkeepers and a slice of bad luck.

Well be world beaters now ready to end 44 years of hurt and counting.....until capello reunites Gerrard and lampard.

If football supporters had any respect they'd boycott everything to do with the FA and England and leave them with an empty stadium that they have to sell to rugby or kylie to fill.

Croatia are rubbish??  Last night was the frst time they have been beaten at home since 1994  To go and hammer them 4-1 (5-0 if you count Lampards perfectly legal goal and their goal that should have been dissallowed for a stupidly high boot) is a fantastic result!

As for boycotting the FA and England, it's not as simple as that, you can't 'choose' your country, I am English and will always follow the national team as they are representing my country.  Admittedly i'd love to see a few more players in the current crop who carried the passion of the Italia 90 squad, Pearce, Gascoigne, Platt etc but whoever pulls on the England strip is playing for England and therefore I get behind them, always have, always will.

It always amazes me how many club fans (from all clubs, although usually United fans  ::)) who want to see England fail or profess to not being bothered about them etc.  Each to their own, but as an Englishman born in England I will support my national team through thick and thin.

brian1925

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 12:05:28 PM »

Good post Longman. Seems it's as fashionable to have a go at England on here as it is anywhere else though. It's a shame really that fans can't support both their club and their country.

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 12:32:22 PM »

It's a question of taste I suppose, international football doesn't appeal to all footy fans.

Personally, I like it and I do support England, although I do believe we're over-rated by a lot of people. I have to say, last night was thoroughly enjoyable and for once it made me proud to be an England fan.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 01:05:43 PM »

Club football. Be all and end all. My opinion and sticking to it.

You want to be 'little englanders' then go for it ...  ;)

I have my reasons and its to do with players and fans... Won't bore you with them but Alty and Alty only for me.

Oh and its nothing to do with not being 'proud to be English' or unpatriotic as I watch the cricket team.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:09:43 PM by gazwarrington »

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 01:26:53 PM »

Club football. Be all and end all. My opinion and sticking to it.

You want to be 'little englanders' then go for it ...  ;)

I have my reasons and its to do with players and fans... Won't bore you with them but Alty and Alty only for me.

Oh and its nothing to do with not being 'proud to be English' or unpatriotic as I watch the cricket team.

I think labelling all England fans "little englanders" is a bit wide of the mark though. Yes, there are some incredibly irritating people who watch England (and every other team, club or international for that matter) and that poxy band that goes to all the games is beyond irritating. However, a lot of England fans are just normal football fans who want their country to do well.

However, if you gave me the choice between Alty winning a trophy and England winning a trophy there would be no competition - it would be Alty every time.

Anyway, I've seen you at England football matches you cheeky fiend!  ;)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 01:31:06 PM »

Oh yes I knew I'd get a bite mate with Little Englanders... I love it really.. Painted faces and that band .. WOW !!! ha ha ... and the question is have I ever jumped up when England scored in those games ?? and that includes the one where scraped through against Greece and average freekick taker Beckham scored his 1 in 15  .. I was next to Beez for that one and didn't flinch :)

Yeah I like fotoball so why not watch an England game if ticket was available. I have watched Rugby Town, Flixton, Trafford and various other teams just for 'something to do' whilst Alty aren't playing...

Sod it I'll give you one reason why I don't get it ..

How fans can slag off and hate a player and then suddenly sing his name and love him ?. I know I'd hate a Macc \ Vics player no matter what and would not want them to do well.. and would NEVER sing his name.. Seems a bit hypocritcal to me
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:35:19 PM by gazwarrington »

Alty365

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 01:50:26 PM »

Regarding your last point, I can see how a fan of a Premier League team might find it odd to suddenly be supporting a player they normally "hate". I suppose being a fan of a team that is not affected by that pool of players makes it a bit easier to get behind them.

As I said originally it's all about personal taste. Ever since I can remember, I've always felt a great passion for the England team and wanted them to do well. However, I'm not deluded enough to think that we should be winning every tournament we compete in. All that "golden generation" stuff was a load of nonsense, although I will say that on our day we can compete with the best teams in the world. It just isn't "our day" very often!  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thats a Turnup!