PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre-season starts now
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pre-season starts now  (Read 6864 times)

joe

Re: Pre-season starts now
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 05:44:33 PM »

I'd be inclined to offer Chris Lynch terms too as he's a dependable squad player who can fill a number of positions quite comfortably.

bumble

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »

I'd be inclined to offer Chris Lynch terms too as he's a dependable squad player who can fill a number of positions quite comfortably.

+1

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 06:02:22 PM »

Coburn
Densmore
Phelan
Lawrie
Clee
Reeves
McGivern

Are the only senior players that should be offered terms, and try and sign Greg young on a season long loan from alfreton, hes realiable and they will be keen to get him off the wage bill.give the players a couple of weeks to make their decisions and if not move on.With all the hanging around last summer, be it waiting for ken to make his decision or waiting for a new manager to be appoint, most clubs had done their business before we'd appointed lee

I'd obviously keep some of the kids Watmore etc also

this.

However, and I'm not trying to be controversial here, I'd offer Twiss terms too... he did not show himself in the best of lights in his first season and unfortunatly at this club sh*t sticks and the showers are faulty as far as some of our fans are concerned. despite this he has been solid and a really good foil for Reeves (not that Reeves will be here next season after shrewsbury make the riddiculous decision to have him try his hand at league one football).

Lynch should be on the list too imho and when Matt Flynn is released by fleetwood we should be looking to offer him terms too although not the best defender in the world he would look really good next to a solid conference defender.

I hate going back to ex players but Greg Young will be looking for a new club this summer when his deal ends and we all know that mans looks could stop a striker dead in their path  :o.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 06:06:28 PM »

Coburn
Densmore
Phelan
Lawrie
Clee
Reeves
McGivern
Are the only senior players that should be offered terms, and try and sign Greg young on a season long loan from alfreton, hes realiable and they will be keen to get him off the wage bill.give the players a couple of weeks to make their decisions and if not move on.With all the hanging around last summer, be it waiting for ken to make his decision or waiting for a new manager to be appoint, most clubs had done their business before we'd appointed lee
Im worried that a couple on that list wont be here next season,  I also dont really want to go down the loan route except for emergency reasons
I think half the problem this season is not having a settled team, I am all for giving the kids a go though

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 06:09:02 PM »

Coburn
Densmore
Phelan
Lawrie
Clee
Reeves
McGivern

this.

However, and I'm not trying to be controversial here, I'd offer Twiss terms too... he did not show himself in the best of lights in his first season and unfortunatly at this club sh*t sticks and the showers are faulty as far as some of our fans are concerned. despite this he has been solid and a really good foil for Reeves (not that Reeves will be here next season after shrewsbury make the riddiculous decision to have him try his hand at league one football).

Lynch should be on the list too imho and when Matt Flynn is released by fleetwood we should be looking to offer him terms too although not the best defender in the world he would look really good next to a solid conference defender.

I hate going back to ex players but Greg Young will be looking for a new club this summer when his deal ends and we all know that mans looks could stop a striker dead in their path  :o.
Reeves wouldnt get into Shrewsbury's team They have two or three strikers better than him, plus they will go up this season

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 06:11:50 PM »

I don't want to go down the path of ex players, but I thought Greg young was on a 2 year contract at alfreton? He isn't getting in, they've recently signed another centre back, and I thought he would represent good value for money on a season long loan, it might be good for all parties.I may be wrong.I would have no qualms about having young or senior in the squad, but only those two.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 06:13:01 PM »

Coburn
Densmore
Phelan
Lawrie
Clee
Reeves
McGivern

this.

As you know I am not a great one for bringing ex players back to the club but if we had had Young and Smith this seaon we would have been  well up there with the top sides this season

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »

I don't want to go down the path of ex players, but I thought Greg young was on a 2 year contract at alfreton? He isn't getting in, they've recently signed another centre back, and I thought he would represent good value for money on a season long loan, it might be good for all parties.I may be wrong.I would have no qualms about having young or senior in the squad, but only those to.

It was a one year deal, Seniors deal was for two years though

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »

I don't want to go down the path of ex players, but I thought Greg young was on a 2 year contract at alfreton? He isn't getting in, they've recently signed another centre back, and I thought he would represent good value for money on a season long loan, it might be good for all parties.I may be wrong.I would have no qualms about having young or senior in the squad, but only those two.

For the season, Yes.

Butty

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »

I don't want to go down the path of ex players, but I thought Greg young was on a 2 year contract at alfreton? He isn't getting in, they've recently signed another centre back, and I thought he would represent good value for money on a season long loan, it might be good for all parties.I may be wrong.I would have no qualms about having young or senior in the squad, but only those to.

It was a one year deal, Seniors deal was for two years though

There's the cue for the thread to get hijacked.......

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 07:08:16 PM »

I was wondering when Greg Young would crop up on here again, still, he couldn't be worse than some of the 'defenders' we've had this season.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 07:35:38 PM »

What are Bandy and Talbs up to ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 10:30:25 PM »

Well, I just hope the signings are permanent. If Lee Sinnott can't see what the problems are now then he really should go. This summers business needs to be precise and targeted. Not on the off chance that Paul Jones rings up for a trial etc. For example, Adie Hawes poor at times but he had something and if he had been one of the first signings last summer then I'd have stuck with him. By the same token, Matty Flynn is young and has a bit of heart, he at least has a future so I'd be happy with him.

Of course we need greater quality than that, whether it be Youngy, Adam Quinn or such like but you get the jist.

One thing I don't want is panic signings, i.e. did Marlon Broomes need to play half a season for Clitheroe to prove he was good enough for us? did Andrew Smart need to play nearly a full one at Trafford?

Personally my first call would be to Stockport to see what all the young lads who played against us in the Senior Cup are up to as 8 or 9 of them would've walked into our side (Halls, Bounab, Sheridan,Holden, Antonio German, Ryan Fraughan ) and for some bizarre reason don't seem to be getting into theirs, how the f**k they palmed us off with Mark Lynch and Miles the useless wastes of space I don't know.

Andrew Milne needs to get over his travel sickness as well and join next season

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 10:37:34 PM »

And speaking without prejudice here, and giving him all the benefit of the doubt - anyone who genuinely thinks Michael Twiss should be here next season in any form needs their f**king heads testing.

Seriously.

There's a reason why he's only started 22 league games, it's not because he's injured.

He's 34 for God's sake, there's no future in him at all before we even go anywhere else with it .

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »

I think we should sign Twiss for 2 seasons - on Blackpool beach at a £3 a ride.

He certainly took us for a ride in the last 2 seasons so would be nice to recoup some of the money back.

;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre-season starts now