PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre-season starts now
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Pre-season starts now  (Read 6865 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Pre-season starts now
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:22:18 PM »

It's official, we have nothing left to play for this season. Therefore, planning for next season should begin immediately (if it hasn't already).

LS hopefully has an idea which players are likely to be here next season and which ones are not. Priority should now be given (where possible) to the players who have a future here. Whether you like Twiss or not (by all accounts he's been doing ok) I'd say it's unlikely he'll be kept on next season. Therefore, what is the point in him starting any more games for us? We've effectively got an extended pre-season, so let's at least use it to our advantage.
Come on Alty!

joe

Re: Pre-season starts now
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 05:24:08 PM »

It's official, we have nothing left to play for this season. Therefore, planning for next season should begin immediately (if it hasn't already).

LS hopefully has an idea which players are likely to be here next season and which ones are not. Priority should now be given (where possible) to the players who have a future here. Whether you like Twiss or not (by all accounts he's been doing ok) I'd say it's unlikely he'll be kept on next season. Therefore, what is the point in him starting any more games for us? We've effectively got an extended pre-season, so let's at least use it to our advantage.

Get Sheridan in now to give him all the time possible

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 05:52:41 PM »

Yep. Let's see Watmore, Fearon, Reid and co getting some game time
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »

Or let's give Lee Sinnott a full pre-season which is more than he got last time.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »

I hope that Lee's holiday arrangements this year don't upset the forum pre-season police.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

bumble

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »

But chances are, our strike force will contain no reeves or twiss - therefore do suggest dropping them both?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 07:02:43 PM »

But chances are, our strike force will contain no reeves or twiss - therefore do suggest dropping them both?

The chances are he will still be in Lee Sinnott's plans though, which means he warrants a place in the team. And you know that's what I meant anyway, you're just being pedantic as usual.
Come on Alty!

bumble

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 07:15:20 PM »

The chances are he will still be in Lee Sinnott's plans though, which means he warrants a place in the team. And you know that's what I meant anyway, you're just being pedantic as usual.

Plans should be realistic - and therefore Lee/the board will have a good idea if the lad is staying or not, if he isnt, then under your theory he shouldnt play as we should try and build up partnerships

I agree we should be looking a building partnerships - such as densmore/phelan or lynch/phelan as a midfield duo as a bit of consitaency would do the side a world of good, especially in the core of the side (CB/CM/ST)

Im not sayign "drop damien because he might not be here" but its a little narrow minded to say "dont play twiss, because hes not here, but its ok to play nicky/damien ect. even though they could potentially move on"

WE should realistically have all of this squad (who lee wants) signed up now if possible,  then he has 3 months (may,april,june) to find replacements, trial and sign them
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:17:28 PM by Fatdog »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 07:37:09 PM »

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »

what is the difference between finishing 8th and 12th?

get the kids on, give Duncan Watmore the armband, and give the fans something to get behind.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 09:01:34 PM »

what is the difference between finishing 8th and 12th?

get the kids on, give Duncan Watmore the armband, and give the fans something to get behind.
I had never thought of it like this and for me its a great call lets give it a try
ParkINson's red and white army

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 09:21:11 PM »

Agree with blooding some of the younger lads, but we have a duty also both to ourselves to finish as high as possible and also to the teams around us and those affected by our fixtures.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RocketDan

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »

We are 10 points off the play offs and 12 points off relegation.

The season is effectively over, everyone should be made aware that they are playing for new contracts, and if players show now pride or effort in these last 3 games then they should be shown the door.

roytonmike

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »

Agree with blooding some of the younger lads, but we have a duty also both to ourselves to finish as high as possible and also to the teams around us and those affected by our fixtures.
Absolutely right. My solution is to select the starting XIs from senior players but fill the bench with youngsters and give them as much game time as practical.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 05:35:36 PM »

Coburn
Densmore
Phelan
Lawrie
Clee
Reeves
McGivern

Are the only senior players that should be offered terms, and try and sign Greg young on a season long loan from alfreton, hes realiable and they will be keen to get him off the wage bill.give the players a couple of weeks to make their decisions and if not move on.With all the hanging around last summer, be it waiting for ken to make his decision or waiting for a new manager to be appoint, most clubs had done their business before we'd appointed lee

I'd obviously keep some of the kids Watmore etc also
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre-season starts now