PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gaz Warrington
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gaz Warrington  (Read 5920 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Gaz Warrington
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 11:31:33 AM »

BUT PLEASE DON'T DESCEND TO PERSONAL INSULTS AND MUDSLINGING ! It achieves nothing but to put a wedge between us at a time when we really do need to stick together.

jimmyhank

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 12:37:06 PM »

Because of the demands of my job I get to very few away matches (none at all last season, Southport this) but missed only one home game last time and expect this season to be no different. I rely hugely on this forum to get a view on our away performances.

We need posters like Gaz who are passionate about this club, and we need the oxygen of argument - without it the forum would be pointless !

HOWEVER.......because we need argument it does NOT mean we should enter into slanging matches with people who may share our love of this great club but have different ways of showing it.

Express your view, moderate it if subsequent posts give you food for thought. Similarly, dissent with the view expressed by other posters, conduct the argument rationally, agree to differ.

BUT PLEASE DON'T DESCEND TO PERSONAL INSULTS AND MUDSLINGING ! It achieves nothing but to put a wedge between us at a time when we really do need to stick together.

Spot on, Phil.

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 01:24:22 PM »

Not about all the arguments going on here, taxi Phil is spot on with his post.

Narcissist

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 01:30:55 PM »

GW loves Alty, its a forum, its here because of him. He can say what he likes. One has the choice to disagree, but dont call him out on here.

Besides, this is not embarrasing. When he kicked off at Worksop that was embarrasing, hahahaha!

Keep up the good work GW! For what its worth I sympathise with GW and all other exiles. Its difficult not going to games and then not really being able to comment on the team and goings on at the club. There comes a time when its too much. That time has passed, and GW's posts yesterday were spot on, in fact they saved me posting anything as I agreed and neednt waste my time!

dan_mtfc

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »

Love the way football fans trip on each other as soon as it gets a bit tough.... happens to us all the time.

Fact is...

Everyone is there for the same reason, everyone has a difference of opinion.

Surely the best way to get through it is to become a stronger unit as fans, encourage the team and appreciate the limitations of the club.
Wait until you have beaten some of the real rubbish sides and then see where you are.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 02:10:41 PM »

Gary your well out of order to be honest, I would have been even more harsh hehehehe. Your getting soft in your old age  ;D

Hows it hanging you alty exile you? Hope to see you at a home game soon  ;D

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 04:50:32 PM »

Love the way football fans trip on each other as soon as it gets a bit tough.... happens to us all the time.

Fact is...

Surely the best way to get through it is to become a stronger unit as fans, encourage the team and appreciate the limitations of the club.
Wait until you have beaten some of the real rubbish sides and then see where you are.

See what I mean? I mention Morons and the clubs they support  - and one responds immediately on OUR forum.
If we stay up we will be playing a REAL RUBBISH SIDE next season - Macc

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 07:51:37 PM »

I think perhaps we should each have a special thread about ourselves where others can slag us off for expressing an opinion. Iit should be a separate section of the website entitled "how we always pick on each other when it becomes so bloody frustrating"
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 07:55:38 PM »

gary is prepared to speak his own mind and express his opinions got to be commended for that

AltyIan

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 08:35:37 PM »

This Topic is the only  emberassment that i have seen lately. Myself and Gary had very different opinions on the matter last night, and without hindsight no one can be deemed as correct. However, everyone is entitlled to their opinion and thats why forums like this are created. Just noticed altyalty that you are the latest member, you should be joining up to talk about topics about and around the club, not to take personal digs at fellow fans.

dan_mtfc

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 11:00:37 PM »

Fact is...

See what I mean? I mention Morons and the clubs they support  - and one responds immediately on OUR forum.
If we stay up we will be playing a REAL RUBBISH SIDE next season - Macc

Dick

Jezza

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »

I thought you said your name was Dan?

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 11:10:09 AM »

;D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »

I can appreciate why altyalty has posted what he did. However, though Gaz may not post a lot, when he does he is always worth reading and has made nothing less than pertinent points with a great deal of passion - something Gaz has in excess for Alty.

As for being the "fans f'in champion" - well he does run this forum, which is pretty damn important to me and lots of other exiles especially.

dan_mtfc

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 12:39:24 PM »

Ha, It was just a first thought after being called a moron..
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gaz Warrington