PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gaz Warrington
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gaz Warrington  (Read 5923 times)

altyalty

Gaz Warrington
« on: September 12, 2010, 07:43:15 AM »

Havent seen him for three years and then makes out he is man of the people and the f'in fans champion.

Whether it is your forum or not your continuted outbursts last night were embarrassing.Heathcote should resign  but we do not need a cheerleader.

brian1925

Re: Gaz Warrington
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 08:16:28 AM »

I have never spoken to Gaz, but it's easy to tell that his posts yesterday were right from the heart. I personally feel that rather than embarrassing himself, he actually summed up what the consensus of fans are feeling right now. What else is there to do? Our frustrations need to be vented somewhere. The club we love has a manager who is taking us nowhere and who we cannot afford to remove.

alty67

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 08:57:12 AM »

all fans are passionate and should have their view - some alty fans have been going 40 years but have never been on a computer so forums have selected and sometimes knee jerk comments-

we are very supportive fans compared to some clubs fans who want a manager out after 2 defeats etc

GH will not resign unless we don't get any points over the next 5-6 games and then I am sure he would consider it. The board will not sack him/move him aside before then - so we are looking at another month or so before we get to that point

LETS GET BEHIND GH AND THE TEAM AND PICK UP SOME POINTS - there are at least 4 other teams who will struggle to get near survival points for the season

GETTING RID OF GH NOW WOULD BE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER- KEEP THE FAITH!

joe

Gaz Warrington
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 09:02:31 AM »

Well out of order altyalty. I was also and still am calling for Heathcote out so do you want to start a topic about me as well although i wouldn't recommend it. Atleast Gary like myself is happy to come on the forum as himself and hide behind another name.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 09:04:03 AM »

I have never spoken to Gaz, but it's easy to tell that his posts yesterday were right from the heart. I personally feel that rather than embarrassing himself, he actually summed up what the consensus of fans are feeling right now. What else is there to do? Our frustrations need to be vented somewhere. The club we love has a manager who is taking us nowhere and who we cannot afford to remove.

Garys posts weren't embarassing.  The only people they would have pissed off would be the club and me (in terms of "its my forum and I pay for it") I'd say!

However its important not to make generalisations about the consensus of the fans.

This forum has about 40 active posters and about 100 active readers.

That leaves 600 hardcore fans who are not members of this forum.

Midlands Alty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 09:12:37 AM »

I don't think the comments were embarrassing - everyone is entitled to their view. Those of us who live well out of the Alty area cannot get to the number of games we would like, but that does not mean there is any less feeling or emotion about the club, or that we have any less right to express an opinion.
That said, I think the comments are wrong, because I have a different opinion entirely.
2 years ago, around the Lewes game, this forum was full of people saying GH should resign and I remember being part of a minority saying he needs to stay. I am in that same minority now, for a number of reasons ;
1. We are only 8 games in - I understand we have some catching up to do, but a couple of wins and everything looks different. I know none of us can see where that win is going to come from right now, but it will and that is when our season takes off.
2. Plenty of teams have started the opposite to us (Tamworth/Southport) who will be in the relegation mix come the end of the season. We had a very tough first few games, and confidence is low because of those results. Things will change in my view!
3. I don't subscribe to the view that there is going to be a queue half way down Moss Lane of people who can do half as good a job - this is not the plum job some of us want to think of it to be.
If there was a question of GH's commitment then that is a different matter, but his statement late last week has put such fears to bed.
Football is all about opinions, and these are mine!!!!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 09:34:45 AM »

I think i am going to have a rest from the forum for a while some of the people who inhabit it really have some issues

We are now starting threads about individuals and bitching like school children i'n the play ground

See you all at moss lane here is to a brighter few months hopefully
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 09:49:13 AM »

group hug everybody :-*

Heathcote in/out/shake it all about.....

Gaz...top bloke...... don't take it personally!...we all feel your frustration!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 09:50:26 AM »

I think it probably accurate to say that Gary & I haven't always got on or agreed on really very much at all

However on this occasion I think that criticism of him is WAYYYYYY out of order.

You think how frustrated we all are who get to see matches. At least we can see what (we think) is wrong

It must be hundreds of times more frustrating to be. like Gary, Uncle Globnasty, USA Alty etc a long long way away watching what is happening with no connection.

He's not posted much by his own admission - I don't know why that might be - it could be that posting makes his feelings of isolation worse. I'm astounded that nobody has had a chip at him about the lack of posts in the past.

Now he's posting people are having a pop because he's speaking his mind.

Gary is very passionate, sometimes speaks or acts before engaging every gear of his brain but loves this club to bits.

He is, like everyone else entitled to post his opinions.

I truly believe that there are enough problems without us attacking each other - don't you??

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 09:58:38 AM »

Havent seen him for three years and then makes out he is man of the people and the f'in fans champion.

Whether it is your forum or not your continuted outbursts last night were embarrassing.Heathcote should resign  but we do not need a cheerleader.

Well I have been making appearances at mostly away games (when I can) and i have been reading on here with interest constantly but not posting (I wonder why?).

I haven't gone anywhere just been keeping a low profile and not commenting cos I have not been going games, this however does not mean I don't care about what happens and now I believe its time for change.

Never have I said I am speaking for anyone else ? I think I always try and put in that its "My opinion" in threads and make it clear that I want to listen to arguements as to why people want things to stay as they are as I can not see why this should be the case ?

I am not being a cheerleader as I have not said "Come on everyone get behind me" or anything like that, always been my opinions?

I have an opinion and I am airing it, some people won't like it but what the hell, if I didn't believe in it or was trying to cause trouble for troubles sake then I am pretty sure I would not have put it under 'Gaz Warrington', I have opened myself up for reactions from people as they know who has said it, but its MY OPINION and I am entitled to it.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »

Garys posts weren't embarassing.  The only people they would have pissed off would be the club and me (in terms of "its my forum and I pay for it") I'd say!

However its important not to make generalisations about the consensus of the fans.

This forum has about 40 active posters and about 100 active readers.

That leaves 600 hardcore fans who are not members of this forum.

[/quote

APOLOGIES TO ECKY FOR THIS, AND HAVE TEXT YOU. HEAT OF THE MOMENT AND WASN'T MEANT TO COME OUT LIKE THAT.

ECKY does all the hard work on the forum as I have not had the time, nor infact computer access to do it.

I don't want to fall out with him or anyone, just want things sorted out at this football club.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 10:06:33 AM »

I think it probably accurate to say that Gary & I haven't always got on or agreed on really very much at all

However on this occasion I think that criticism of him is WAYYYYYY out of order.

You think how frustrated we all are who get to see matches. At least we can see what (we think) is wrong

It must be hundreds of times more frustrating to be. like Gary, Uncle Globnasty, USA Alty etc a long long way away watching what is happening with no connection.

He's not posted much by his own admission - I don't know why that might be - it could be that posting makes his feelings of isolation worse. I'm astounded that nobody has had a chip at him about the lack of posts in the past.

Now he's posting people are having a pop because he's speaking his mind.

Gary is very passionate, sometimes speaks or acts before engaging every gear of his brain but loves this club to bits.

He is, like everyone else entitled to post his opinions.

I truly believe that there are enough problems without us attacking each other - don't you??

I thought I had improved a little with age ??  :) I am not starting slanging matches with anyone. I am passionate and I know others are also, therefore they are entitled to their view like I am mine.

Not wanting to fall out or start wars with anyone, just get a very frustrated view across.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 10:15:13 AM »

The most difficult thing about many postings on this forum is workig out which comments are coming from total knobheads and which are a wind-up.
Its easy to work out when they come from fans of Vics, Macc and Rochdale as we expect morons to behave like morons especially when they are reminded they dont have to prove it.
Alty fans dont always agree with each other and this is what a forum is about. This is probably the first time I have agreed with an ATS posting, and at least someone realises living so far away is not just about getting from A to B.
For the record Gaz was at Luton the last game of last season, which was my last game though I am going to Eastbourne on Saturday.
I take it all those that have pointed the finger at Gaz are going to Eastbourne?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 10:22:10 AM »

Funnily enough managed Luton for the opening game of this season and 'midlands' games are mostly goers, working on Eastbourne as I type and as I said to people on the opening day of the season, Southern games are more likely the ones I can get to.

I am not justifying my not going though as there are reasons and not football related in the slightest. I wish I could go every match as trust me listening on the radio \ watching text updates is rubbish. I shout from my front room "Come on Alty" as though they can hear me 120miles away, I cheer and ohhhh at every chance as though it makes a slightest bit of difference.

I may not be going the games but it doesn't mean I don't care about the club.

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 10:35:44 AM »

Because of the demands of my job I get to very few away matches (none at all last season, Southport this) but missed only one home game last time and expect this season to be no different. I rely hugely on this forum to get a view on our away performances.

We need posters like Gaz who are passionate about this club, and we need the oxygen of argument - without it the forum would be pointless !

HOWEVER.......because we need argument it does NOT mean we should enter into slanging matches with people who may share our love of this great club but have different ways of showing it.

Express your view, moderate it if subsequent posts give you food for thought. Similarly, dissent with the view expressed by other posters, conduct the argument rationally, agree to differ.

BUT PLEASE DON'T DESCEND TO PERSONAL INSULTS AND MUDSLINGING ! It achieves nothing but to put a wedge between us at a time when we really do need to stick together.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gaz Warrington