PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC 90's XI
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Altrincham FC 90's XI  (Read 3059 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Altrincham FC 90's XI
« on: June 20, 2012, 03:44:23 PM »

Steve Cross might be a slightly obscure choice at right back but I always thought he was a really good player. Stuart Terry, in spite of his move to Vics, was one of my favourite ever Alty players during his time here. Needless to say, this team would win things!

Wealands

Cross        Rowlands      Ellender     Freeman

Terry        Anderson       Daws       Showler

McKenna    Hardy

Come on Alty!

thegazelle

Re: Altrincham FC 90's XI
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »

us oldies keep on extoling the virtues of the seventies and eighties but what would you give to have that team turn out on opening day this year .

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 06:58:11 PM »

Steve Cross might be a slightly obscure choice at right back but I always thought he was a really good player. Stuart Terry, in spite of his move to Vics, was one of my favourite ever Alty players during his time here. Needless to say, this team would win things!

Wealands

Cross        Rowlands      Ellender      Freeman

Terry        Anderson       Daws       Showler

McKenna    Hardy

Two players stand out for me.....

Stuart Terry provided us with some scintillating performances in an Alty shirt.  I bloody loved him at the club, shame about the Vics but he was a very decent player for us.

Paul Ellender was class at the back, not bad going up front either and led the team to the Unibond title

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »

Fantastic memories of Paul Showler on the flank. 

A superb player.

Liquid Football!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 07:18:45 PM »

Paul Showler was ridiculously good. He only played one season for us 20 years ago but is still very fondly remembered by everyone-says it all.

On a wider note that is a class team. Maybe Paul Collings another GK option, Chris Sharratt for his silky arrogance on the wing and Andy 'Mad Dog' Green would also come into contention.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 07:37:45 PM »

Paul Showler was ridiculously good. He only played one season for us 20 years ago but is still very fondly remembered by everyone-says it all.

On a wider note that is a class team. Maybe Paul Collings another GK option, Chris Sharratt for his silky arrogance on the wing and Andy 'Mad Dog' Green would also come into contention.

Very exciting to watch, only a shame that Mr Flashman came callling for him

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »

I can only go back to 94, so I'd have Collings, Sharratt and Green in, but also have Carmody in too.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »

I can only go back to 94, so I'd have Collings, Sharratt and Green in, but also have Carmody in too.
Carmo would be.my captain. The nearest thing we ever had to Kingy

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 08:27:24 PM »

would have greeny in before neill hardy class though hardy was greeny was more consistent and better entertainment.....collings would make a reserve keeper to wealands in the way baywatch was reserve keeper (ie never played).....can't decided between harry wiggins or clive for left back actually....terrific line up though!....missing also bomber harris and paul france....I'd prob have france in for rowlands...but i can't actually find a gap for bomber so i'd play him on the right wing rather than judas terry..... ;D

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »

would have greeny in before neill hardy class though hardy was greeny was more consistent and better entertainment.....collings would make a reserve keeper to wealands in the way baywatch was reserve keeper (ie never played).....can't decided between harry wiggins or clive for left back actually....terrific line up though!....missing also bomber harris and paul france....I'd prob have france in for rowlands...but i can't actually find a gap for bomber so i'd play him on the right wing rather than judas terry..... ;D

Bomber Harris, he'd flick on the near post corners and Paul France would nut them in. Top player in a team full of them. Some real characters in that 94-95 team.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »

Bomber Harris, he'd flick on the near post corners and Paul France would nut them in. Top player in a team full of them. Some real characters in that 94-95 team.

Yes it was a threat we used time and time from corners but somehow the opposition wouldnt click onto it until it was too late.

would have greeny in before neill hardy class though hardy was greeny was more consistent and better entertainment

Didnt Green get sent off once for doing bunny ears to an official?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:57:32 PM by Knutsford Alty »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 08:57:56 PM »

Can't believe Peter Stanier hasn't been mentioned. Great goalkeeper  ;D

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 09:03:19 PM »

Can't believe Peter Stanier hasn't been mentioned. Great goalkeeper  ;D

I remember Andy Gorton filling the goaline but not Peter Stanier, who was he chuck?

EDIT: Done my research now, the keeper who looked clueless in the warm up but never played a first team game
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:06:55 PM by Knutsford Alty »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 09:52:55 PM »

Peter Stanier did play for Alty, but only in a mid-season friendly game at Trafford. Roger Palmer played for us in that same game and we got beat 1-0.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 09:53:54 PM »

I'm waiting for Cult to attack this thread...................
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC 90's XI