PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Handbags at the end
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Handbags at the end  (Read 5395 times)

YorkyAlty

Re: Handbags at the end
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 08:56:13 PM »

I don't think he did anything to be honest, as far as I could see it was something of nothing, GH didn't seem bothered afterwards, I think a steward stopped him from confronting the referee.  The "friend" I was in the box with was very agitated at the tunnel area and I calmed him down, really dunno what his problem was.

If he did cross the white line I agree he needs to be dealt with.

Dave

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »

I can't see what the damned yorkists have to be agitated about.  They hit a last minute winner, look secure in the playoffs etc.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »

GH went to have a word with the ref at the end of the game as any manager who feels his team have been hard done by has a right to do. there jobsworth of a steward then phiscally man handles graham out of the way for no reason (GH hadn't in anyway prevoked the steward) GH then like any of us would had words with the steward then a FAN jumped the barrier from there main stand and got in grahams face to which a mele ensued... it's 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other.

I was watching very closely at the end because I wanted to see how the ref was going to exit the field of play. Would he avoid GH or would he discuss some of his decisions ? Although I was 50 yards away the above is an accurate account of what I saw........if anything I think GH was either pushed or struck by a man wearing a yellow fluorescent coat........it was hard to say which.

Anyway, good performance.......shame about the penalty at the end. Could a qualified ref also tell me when the rule for holding an opponent or an opponents shirt ceased to be a foul.......Refs have clearly given up on it. They are just too scared to penalise the defending team, but seem ever so happy to penalise the attacking team for even the slightest contact.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »

GH walked towards the ref with his arm outstretched questioning the length of injury time, as is hgis right as a manager, a luminous jacketed fat-bellied oaf (rejected by the police for being too fat and thick)  assaulted GH by pushing him in the chest with both his hands held open.

I saw it all, the York  steward assaulted GH.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 12:11:53 AM »

The previous post was pretty much a fair assessment from what I saw.

Whether the Safety Officer responsible thought GH was going to assault the ref I don't know but, from what I saw (from a distance admittedly) Heathcote was not to blame.

Jezza

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 06:00:33 AM »

So why did the two commentators say "I dont know maybe some alty fans are involved......"

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 09:08:19 AM »

So why did the two commentators say "I dont know maybe some alty fans are involved......"

Alty fans?

Impossible, unless there was a big conspiracy to infiltrate the home end, the only Alty people in the Main Stand would have been the directors and any family members of the players who were there as guests.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Handbags at the end