PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanatic Zone
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Fanatic Zone  (Read 15835 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fanatic Zone
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2022, 09:52:26 AM »

Visited for the first time on Saturday and i wasn't impressed, its a great idea to have a fan zone but would like to know who designed it all. What's the raised area in the middle for?
Why is it all surfaced in decking an absolute nightmare in winter and hard to maintain, probably on the cheap to cover what's underneath knowing that it wont all be there long term is the answer?  :o ;D
Its a good start to be fair if its a  short term area and will help ease ques in the main bar , i hope the roofs are the contemporary sails (red ones)done correctly and not corrugated plastic.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2022, 11:58:16 AM »

Visited for the first time on Saturday and i wasn't impressed, its a great idea to have a fan zone but would like to know who designed it all. What's the raised area in the middle for?
Why is it all surfaced in decking an absolute nightmare in winter and hard to maintain, probably on the cheap to cover what's underneath knowing that it wont all be there long term is the answer?  :o ;D
Its a good start to be fair if its a  short term area and will help ease ques in the main bar , i hope the roofs are the contemporary sails (red ones)done correctly and not corrugated plastic.
the sad truth is the fan zone has been an unmitigated disaster from it's inception

From what was shared as the vision quickly became a nightmare

From the closure of the ground and lost revenue. The ongoing barriers around the ground from that issue . The inflating costs associated to the fan zone works. The way libero were cast aside. Then the subsequent works delivered in the area to give an intial capacity of 100.

Looking at it it would have probably been better to have resurfaced the area rather than the small raised decking area we got.

As noted above at least it's finally open and trading finally but I do worry this is not the end of the saga and hope the decking does not become a slip hazard in poor weather

It would be good if we could get an update on other areas of the ground where all the temporary fencing remains

Onwards and upwards
Come on you red and white........

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2022, 04:25:23 PM »

We need to quit moaning and start drinking.

it will take quite a while to recover the money laid out so far.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2022, 04:30:59 PM »

An excellent maxim to live by, Cheshire! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2022, 06:19:48 PM »

the sad truth is the fan zone has been an unmitigated disaster from it's inception

From the closure of the ground and lost revenue. The ongoing barriers around the ground from that issue . The inflating costs associated to the fan zone works. The way libero were cast aside. Then the subsequent works delivered in the area to give an intial capacity of
Agreed. It’s an unmitigated amateurish shambles. But don’t forget the current board are more interested in revenue streams than piss streams. Installing toilets yields no revenue. The Fanzone is yet another way of emptying football supporters’ pockets, the goal of our board. Surely if you want a good beer in a hospitable environment then go to a pub/ bar, don’t expect a football club to meet your needs - but this board will try and meet them on the cheap and to the detriment of supporters who are actually interested in football.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2022, 06:40:23 PM »

No moaning please....it is against the rules - unless you are a decrepit old git.
Any more and we will send the kids in for a game of tig ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2022, 07:00:59 PM »

From what I’ve heard it will be a sail type roof yes.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2022, 07:06:10 PM »

can we drink and moan ?
Come on you red and white........

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2022, 10:56:32 PM »

I thought it was crowdfunded?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2022, 11:44:57 PM »

It certainly was at the outset of the project but snowballing costs etc, etc.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2022, 12:00:28 AM »

Forgive me if I'm being naive but I cant see what would have cost a huge amount? Maybe we could benefit with a cost update from the board?

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2022, 12:57:06 PM »

From the closure of the ground and lost revenue. The ongoing barriers around the ground from that issue . The inflating costs associated to the fan zone works. The way libero were cast aside. Then the subsequent works delivered in the area to give an intial capacity of
Agreed. It’s an unmitigated amateurish shambles. But don’t forget the current board are more interested in revenue streams than piss streams. Installing toilets yields no revenue. The Fanzone is yet another way of emptying football supporters’ pockets, the goal of our board. Surely if you want a good beer in a hospitable environment then go to a pub/ bar, don’t expect a football club to meet your needs - but this board will try and meet them on the cheap and to the detriment of supporters who are actually interested in football.

"The Board are more interested in revenue streams than piss streams".
Well unless you're hoping for Owen Oysten to be recruited I should hope so.

"The Fanzone is yet another way of emptying football supporters’ pockets, the goal of our board."
I had a couple of drinks in the FZ on Saturday and don't remember being frog marched there by a Board member, I actually walked in myself, as did 100 or so others. After sampling what was on offer I plan to do so again. My money, my choice - crazy stuff.

"Surely if you want a good beer in a hospitable environment then go to a pub/ bar"
A football club providing a bar for it's fans has caught on in a quite a big way over the past, oh I don't know, 100 years or so?

IMHO there's a few things need to be done amongst which should be - obvs a roof which has been mentioned, some proper signage from the entrances to the FZ itself, a bit more softer landscaping (has a feel of an East European border guard post under those arc lights) etc. But, the beer is an alternative to that in the CSH and so offers another revenue stream to the club, which of course is a good thing. 

« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 01:00:47 PM by JTH »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2022, 01:48:14 PM »

"The Board are more interested in revenue streams than piss streams".
Well unless you're hoping for Owen Oysten to be recruited I should hope so.

"The Fanzone is yet another way of emptying football supporters’ pockets, the goal of our board."
I had a couple of drinks in the FZ on Saturday and don't remember being frog marched there by a Board member, I actually walked in myself, as did 100 or so others. After sampling what was on offer I plan to do so again. My money, my choice - crazy stuff.

"Surely if you want a good beer in a hospitable environment then go to a pub/ bar"
A football club providing a bar for it's fans has caught on in a quite a big way over the past, oh I don't know, 100 years or so?

IMHO there's a few things need to be done amongst which should be - obvs a roof which has been mentioned, some proper signage from the entrances to the FZ itself, a bit more softer landscaping (has a feel of an East European border guard post under those arc lights) etc. But, the beer is an alternative to that in the CSH and so offers another revenue stream to the club, which of course is a good thing.

Still rather drink in the Soviet floodlights than the CSH.
It's all my fault.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2022, 02:06:01 PM »

I'm genuinely baffled why the board trying to bring more money into the club by opening more catering and hospitality is viewed as such a bad thing...

As for the fan zone project itself it has been very poorly managed and communicated at times, but I am glad it is now moving in the right direction.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2022, 05:26:22 PM »

Forgive me if I'm being naive but I cant see what would have cost a huge amount? Maybe we could benefit with a cost update from the board?

Although the government are talking about 10% inflation anyone that has been to B&Q will know that basic things like sheet timber, cement and paint have leapt in price significantly more than 10%. Cheaper outlets are available but it's the same story. Lots of tradesmen complaining about the latest price increases.

So yes, I would expect that whatever the crowd funding raised wasn't enough.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanatic Zone