PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Creditor Update  (Read 43061 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Creditor Update
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2008, 09:09:21 AM »

This is painful reading. Would all the Halifax fans on here please pay attention? I will type this very slowly for you!

Alty fans aren't hoping Halifax go bust, it's not a black or white situation. There is a middle ground that I think we want that involves Halifax stepping out of the conference and reorganising themselves properly a la Boston United.

The fact is, that Halifax conduct has lead them to survive in a doshonest way, sorry about that. And it was close, if you'd given us Greg Young about a month earlier we'd have stayed up for example.

It is not a case of wanting another club to go bust. It is wanting a level playing field (and a reprieve obviously). I also think that there a lot of unanswered questions about the whole situation. Namely..

Have Halifax defaulted on a previous CVA? I think that has implications.
Have Halifax missed deadlines for the completion of the East(?) Stand? I think there have been warning given.
Given that Halifax are losing £30k a month is it possible that there is a wagecap issue? Even the softest penalty of a 3 point deduction would relegate the club.

As for the bit about Bosomworth and Ham having no choice but to pick up the pieces and no other option, well I think that's complete rubbish, let's just leave it at that.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2008, 09:09:39 AM »

Simply - You spent money you haven't got therefore gained an advantage over other teams in the league.

As was said earlier if we spent money we hadn't got then I reckon we would have stayed up. Now you have gone 2million in debt and finished 5th.... from bottom .. That for me is proof enough that if you ran you club properly you would have gone down. Not rocket science son.

aldershot1234

« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2008, 09:27:53 AM »

Right. To begin with Halifax Town have not cheated!!!!

We have taken a 10 point deduction for going into administration. We all know the clubs financial situation is a mess and that Altrinham have quite secure funds. However people on this board have said that Halifax have broken the rules of the league. This is UNTRUE. If somebody on this board can prove which rules we have broken please state them. (because as me and many other Halifax fans would love to know????)

Halifax fans know we are in a sorry state right now. We also agree with your claims that offering 2.5p in the pound is criminal but it is not cheating. Despite our financial state we have always played and worked under the regulations of the league. Unlike teams like Leeds and in our league crawley.
Unfortunately although you are in a good financial situation it is on the field work which matters. You unfortunately didn't manage to stay up. We did  (im not trying to patronise here) and this is why we should stay up. The finances don't look good but then again you can name dozens of clubs in the same predicament as us. As I know so far 50% of the creditors have agreed to 2.5p in the pound and only another 15% are needed to fllow it through.

Altrincham fans, I would like to say that I feel very sorry for you. You have turned the corner and are now in a strong financial situation. Making £70,000 pounds this year is some achievement. We can't manage that as you can tell. However I think your decline was that you didn't invest anything and also the fact your part time. I hav to admit for a part time team you were outstanding. I hope Halifax stay up this year but if you go down I hope you that you immediately return to the league. I enjoy my trips to altrincham and hope you keep chrissy Senior (he is a legend)

aldershot1234

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2008, 09:37:20 AM »

Simply - You spent money you haven't got therefore gained an advantage over other teams in the league.

As was said earlier if we spent money we hadn't got then I reckon we would have stayed up. Now you have gone 2million in debt and finished 5th.... from bottom .. That for me is proof enough that if you ran you club properly you would have gone down. Not rocket science son.

We have spent money we don't have but it is not against league rules. What you just said is contradictory to all premiership clubs. If english football worked like that. Fulham would have won the premierleague this season because all top flight teams do it. The £2 million of debt has also not just appeared this season. This has accumulated over the last 5 years and would have been alot worse if we hadnt gone to the playoff final 2 years ago. You may have your view which is fine and i agree if we had done the same as you we would have gone down. However we stayed within the rules and though it may seem unfair it is not illegal. Good attempt to try prove something but its not right.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2008, 09:43:26 AM »

I never said it wasn't the rules or that you 'cheated'- To me the rules are wrong, and not just cos we would gain but also on many things in football

My post was not about rules but about my 'opinion' I have not once quoted a football rule within it but simply stated that you spent more money than you have FACT and you finished 5th from bottom FACT and taking those things into account if you had less money then you would have gone down (POSSIBLE)

that you didn't invest anything and also the fact your part time

And here lies the problem - We could not AFFORD to go full time !

And just cos its over 5yrs doesn't make it all ok. I sympathise with the fans but the people running your club are losing more a week than we pay in wages and therefore are gaining an unfair advantage ?

Butty

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2008, 09:45:05 AM »

We invested the money that we had there. We spent what we had, you didnt. If a business spent well outside it's means to reach a target, it would be closed down completely. What we, as Alty fans want, is every team to have a level playing field in terms of expenditures (i.e everyone spending what they have got, no more), and if that means Halifax are relegated, so be it.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »

Dont worry girls, you wont face us next year.

You still haven't answered a very simple question: how did Alty cheat?

You finished in the relegation zone 3 years on the trot yet didnt get relegated, the club is living a lie and you are cheating yourselves by thinking you are good enough when you clearly are not.

This whole thread was created by an Alty fan who wants Halifax to go out of business because we have been ran by crooks, the money has not been spent on players, staff or the ground, it is in the back pockets of several shiesters who are no longer around.
I applaud you for the way your club is ran but I as a Town fan for 30 years hate to see other fans wanting teams / clubs to go under, if we are demoted that is what would happen and the only people who would suffer would be the fans, not the crooks with the fat wallets.

Righty o, monkey boy.

I didn't say I wanted Halifax to go bust!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Hodgey

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2008, 10:46:36 AM »

We have taken a 10 point deduction for going into administration. We all know the clubs financial situation is a mess and that Altrinham have quite secure funds. However people on this board have said that Halifax have broken the rules of the league. This is UNTRUE. If somebody on this board can prove which rules we have broken please state them. (because as me and many other Halifax fans would love to know????)

Halifax fans know we are in a sorry state right now. We also agree with your claims that offering 2.5p in the pound is criminal but it is not cheating. Despite our financial state we have always played and worked under the regulations of the league. Unlike teams like Leeds and in our league crawley.

Aldershot1234 how you can justify what your club has done is beyond me? You should accept that you owe small companies money and have run the risk of ruining many people’s livelihoods. Why should a small business suffer and you survive?? Your club had no concerns for the people they traded with. What about a small business that has gone bankrupt due to Halifax fc, are you going to put food on the table or pay the mortgage? Your management team never gave a toss !! Its not just about the football I hope they throw the book at you and you take your punishment. I do feel sorry for the real Halifax supporters who have removed the rose tinted glasses and are probably livid with the mess and will direct their anger towards the people responsible rather than try and justify the cock up on our website.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2008, 11:16:03 AM »

The biggest issue with Halifax's 2.5% is that it provides no incentive whatsover for a club to pay its way.  Why bother to run a club on sound foundations when you can wipe out virtually all your debt, start afresh but in the same league the next season?  All it does is give the any club the green light to do the same.

Also, what happens off the pitch is totally linked to what happens on it.  If you are bankrupting yourself off the pitch to fund a team to survive on it, then there is a clear connection.  I stress again, part of the reason we have been crap on the pitch is because we were straight off it.  Looking at Halifax and others, I often wonder why we bother.

As much as Halifax need to be punished (and if Alty were already rock bottom and 100% down I'd be saying the same) my anger is with the football authorities for constantly allowing it to continue in the first place.

Unfortunately although you are in a good financial situation it is on the field work which matters. You unfortunately didn't manage to stay up. We did  (im not trying to patronise here) and this is why we should stay up. The finances don't look good but then again you can name dozens of clubs in the same predicament as us. As I know so far 50% of the creditors have agreed to 2.5p in the pound and only another 15% are needed to fllow it through.

Altrincham fans, I would like to say that I feel very sorry for you. You have turned the corner and are now in a strong financial situation. Making £70,000 pounds this year is some achievement. We can't manage that as you can tell. However I think your decline was that you didn't invest anything and also the fact your part time. I hav to admit for a part time team you were outstanding. I hope Halifax stay up this year but if you go down I hope you that you immediately return to the league. I enjoy my trips to altrincham and hope you keep chrissy Senior (he is a legend)

aldershot1234

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2008, 11:18:13 AM »

I agree with everything you said Altyfan. The club over the last 10 years has turned from a league team to non league. In that process we have had chairmen who have no business sense and managers who have spent money we didn't have. This has left us in the situation we are currently in. I am not at all happy with what the club owes but the majority of the money is owed to former chairmen. A lot of smaller companies are owed money but not in large amounts. The sick thing is we owe schools money. The offer we have put on the table is awful and most can accept that. However it has been put in place so that we can attempt to stay alive. Things which killed us were:

the east stand-why we bothered i don't know but next season the stand will be completed after plans and financing were sorted out last month. Bad business sense
£150,000 on 1 player-Chris Tate possibly the worst player ever
Lack of merchandise etc- we dont have a propper shop or policy in place to help promote the club
extortionate pricing- charging adults £15 to see us play ( oh dear)

In the past we have cared little about the people we may have impacted on (then again the fans have been kept in the dark for long periods), but this last year with the consortium things have changed. We would not be in this mess right now if shareholders would have let the consortium take over and clear the debts. Unfortunately they were looking for the quick buck and things collapsed as they couldnt agree. Altyfan as for you I think that your reaction was slightly uncalled for. We have already taken punishment and survived the league. We are not angry with altrincham and are very frustrated with the people who put us in this mess, but some fans on this messageboard are been very cruel. People from our boards have been mentioning that some of you have been calling for our extinction. I hav not seen 1 of these posts and hope to god I don't. I just want to say that we are in a very tough situation right now and i think that the attitudes of some fans towards us is very poor. Especially after having quite a good relationship with your club over previous years. I don't want to start a fight here I just want to show our side of the argument.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2008, 11:50:56 AM »

Just a question maybe an Alty or Halifax fan could answer but alot of the people owed are quite small amounts, £100 here £230 there, why didn't someone 'round up' the debts that were reletivley small and pay them off ?

Wouldn't it then have been easier to manage the CVA with the least amount of people owed money and a bigger chance of something being agreed  ? Joe the builder owed £2k down at Hebden Bridge is going to be more pissed than a pen pusher at HMRC.

Maybe as mentioned above, that could have been done instead of the £150k spent on that player.

louise1925

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »

Aldershot1234 argues his case eloquently and if the truth be known is a credit to his club. Whilst his arguement remains 'soft' and no doubt others will think so too, I agree with him that one or two of our postings have been cruel to say the least. Probably we need to lay off this a bit and wait and see what happens.

samba

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2008, 12:43:54 PM »

Just a question maybe an Alty or Halifax fan could answer but alot of the people owed are quite small amounts, £100 here £230 there, why didn't someone 'round up' the debts that were reletivley small and pay them off ?

Should've had a word with Carol Vorderman. Could have rounded up all those monthly repayments into one, simple affordable loan ;)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »

Should've had a word with Carol Vorderman. Could have rounded up all those monthly repayments into one, simple affordable loan ;)

well done  ;)

serious question though !

Jezza

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »

This is gonna haunt us for years.....imagine if we win the league in a couple of season's time?

"should never have been in the league in the first place yu cheats".

The rules are weak.....administration should mean instant relegation....or your points set to zero and no further points can be earned until you've paid off your cva....then no argument.

What is Halifax's punishment?...a relegation battle!...is that enough?

No-one wants them to go bust but there is an injustice in teams finishing above alty merely because they've spent beyond their means...alty do it properly and have no chance! our only alternative seems to be to join the overspending club.

Is it fair on anyone at the moment...whover finishes 4th bottom next year will probably appeal if they don't get reprieved!!!

But we have been relegated twice before and earned our postion back on merit...we are prepared to do it again.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update