PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Creditor Update  (Read 43060 times)

aldershot1234

Re: Creditor Update
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2008, 01:09:37 PM »

I agree as a Halifax fan I think our punishment was quite soft. Especially as it isn't the first time we have been in administration. Then again the league in itself is a joke. The league tries to keep up with the top divisions and punishes them the same. If the FA were to introduce such a policy the BSP board would most certainly change the rules to do so. On the other hand I do believe it is harsh for a team to be instantly relegated for going into administration. For instance if it happened to you, you wouldn't be happy. it's easy to say such things if you can take it happening to yourselves.

Bath Alty

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2008, 02:20:57 PM »

i still think the correct punishment is to tie the size of the punsihment to scale of financial underpayment - if your CVA is 80p in the pound it is clearly not as bad as 2.5p in the pound.  Simply ratio the points in the same way, 2.5p in the pound is terrible and you get relegated,  80p in the pound is not bad and it might be 10-15 points.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2008, 03:01:27 PM »

There's a whole other aspect to this that never gets mentioned. Let's say for example that Halifax do get the chop, and during the season had taken 6 points off Farsley, but none off altrincham. Would Farsley have an argument that the points were gained unfairly? If a club goes out of business mid-season their points are wiped off, so why not if they get dumped after the season ends. Not saying they should, just asking why it's not done that way.

baldrick

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2008, 03:17:43 PM »

There's a whole other aspect to this that never gets mentioned. Let's say for example that Halifax do get the chop, and during the season had taken 6 points off Farsley, but none off altrincham. Would Farsley have an argument that the points were gained unfairly? If a club goes out of business mid-season their points are wiped off, so why not if they get dumped after the season ends. Not saying they should, just asking why it's not done that way.

Because if they go bust during the season some teams will have played them and some won't so the fairest way to deal with it is to scrap all their results. If they go bust when the season has ended everybody has played them. The results should still count because at the time the games were played they were a valid member of the league.

malcolm

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »

And Colin would lose 3 goals.

nevershaydie

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2008, 09:04:27 PM »

i think the whole of you are giving yourself little respect.

football should be played on the pitch not off it.
the teams that go down are the teams that come in the bottom 4. that includes yourselves which means you should go down.

i think it is horrifying that you want a club to go out of business.

you had your luck now face the facts that you deserve to go down.

You, along with all your other mates on here, are as thick as f**k. Wanting a team to be kicked out for being a farce is not the same as wanting you to go bust. Have you got that now? Do you understand? Do you need this message in audio format just to clarify the point properly?

Jesus Christ these Halifax fans are thick!

If you took the time to read/were able to understand our posts you would realise that if the creditor's do not agree to the 2.5pc then the club will go bust.  Not get relegated/kicked out.  Bust.  So by hoping the 2.5pc proposal fails you are hoping we go bust.

A few of you will come on and say sh*t like 'For the millionth time, we do not want Halifax to go bust'.

If that were the case, you wouldn't be hoping for a reprieve.  I'm afraid in this situation you can't have it both ways.

Yes, of course you will only want the best for your club.  In this instance that means a reprieve.  I understand that.  I can't deny that I wouldn't be the same in your situation.  BUT by wanting a reprieve you are wanting us to go bust.  f**king understand that and admit it.

You might not be want us to go bust in the sense that no football fan likes to see a club die.  In an ideal world, you might wish that clubs managed their finances better and there would be no need for any of this mess (and Alty would then obviously storm the league).  You might suggest that clubs which don't manage their finances properly are hindering clubs like Alty and not be happy with that.

But, for the purposes of this excercise, the only way you will get your annual reprieve is if we go bust.

So do you want your reprieve?  Then you want us to go bust. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 09:06:42 PM by nevershaydie »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2008, 09:07:08 PM »

or rotherham could go bust or some of the teams coming up could not have the finances straight, or wrexham could be found to be in financial trouble, or mansfield could have no owners / ground or money, or halifax could go bust.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

nevershaydie

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2008, 09:26:12 PM »

or rotherham could go bust or some of the teams coming up could not have the finances straight, or wrexham could be found to be in financial trouble, or mansfield could have no owners / ground or money, or halifax could go bust.

Eeerrrm...speak English.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »

Well I understood it?

Perhaps you should get in a tin bath and roll down a hill like that cracking comedy set around your way. You are just as funny.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2008, 09:35:07 PM »

Eeerrrm...speak English.

Tell you what..don't come on here if you don't like.  Its dull as f**k now

baldrick

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2008, 10:53:11 PM »

I don't think any of us want Halifax to go bust, but if it means we will survive then so be it. Look after number one.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2008, 02:47:19 AM »

For the millionth time, we do not want Halifax Town AFC to be liquidated or go bust. What we want is, for the long term, best for both sides. Altrincham need to be in BSP to keep up the good work off the field of the last 6 years (and hopefully improve off it and become an established side ala Burton). Halifax need to sort themselves out off the field before they can compete again at BSP level and not put the future of the club at risk again. You only have to look at the example of Boston. A club that is rebuilding the mess that Evans and co left behind, but are now getting there, and there is talk from their fans of a promotion push next season.

Demotion for these clubs in finanical mess is a blessing in disguise. The demise of Scarborough wasn't becuase of demotion, but becuase of the extra 10 point deduction that eventually saw them relegated to Unibond, thus cannot operate in current climate. I'm sure that if Halifax were to be demoted, we would be seeing them back in the Conference National in 2/3 years time as a solid football club off the field.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2008, 10:03:26 AM »

Eeerrrm...speak English.
Well what I was tempting to point out was that in your post which precedes the above post you state that we just want you to go bust as it was our only chance of staying up.
My post was counteracting that argument pointing out that there are many different options to us staying up and that possibly we may both survive.
Muppet
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2008, 10:32:17 AM »

If you took the time to read/were able to understand our posts you would realise that if the creditor's do not agree to the 2.5pc then the club will go bust.  Not get relegated/kicked out.  Bust.  So by hoping the 2.5pc proposal fails you are hoping we go bust.

A few of you will come on and say sh*t like 'For the millionth time, we do not want Halifax to go bust'.

If that were the case, you wouldn't be hoping for a reprieve.  I'm afraid in this situation you can't have it both ways.

Yes, of course you will only want the best for your club.  In this instance that means a reprieve.  I understand that.  I can't deny that I wouldn't be the same in your situation.  BUT by wanting a reprieve you are wanting us to go bust.  f**king understand that and admit it.

You might not be want us to go bust in the sense that no football fan likes to see a club die.  In an ideal world, you might wish that clubs managed their finances better and there would be no need for any of this mess (and Alty would then obviously storm the league).  You might suggest that clubs which don't manage their finances properly are hindering clubs like Alty and not be happy with that.

But, for the purposes of this excercise, the only way you will get your annual reprieve is if we go bust.

So do you want your reprieve?  Then you want us to go bust. 

Lets put a bit of perspective on this nsd. Halifax Town as they currently exist are going to go bust one way or another this summer. What is being proposed is that the debts are wiped off with a minimal payment and a new company Halifax 2008 Ltdare formed. Th eonly thing linking the club to the previous one is that it will take the old ones status in the pyramid structure.

There is no difference whatsoever with the new company taking it's place in the NECL div 2 or taking a place in the conference. If they wound the old club up and applied and started afresh at the lower level it is just the same. Unfortunately I feel Halifax fans are tending to lok purely on the pitch, as long as they get conference football at the shay next season nothing else matters.

Sorry, but this heads in the sand attitude has got you into this mess in the first place. I'm not saing any of this is nice but I don't think it's right to come on here saying we are purely hoping for a club to go bust.

Also, these coach companies on the creditors list. Please tell me you at least paid them for th etrip to Droylsden when free travel was offered to supporters for the 'crucial' conference fixture the other month?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:36:38 AM by Ballers »

shaymen down under

« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2008, 11:25:52 AM »

just a few quick points to make, the other day, i had posted a long reply, giving you  a back ground of our debts, for some reason the computer went on the blink and it got deleted, anyway just a few points to make.

* The debt of 2 million is made up of nearly half the cva from when we were in the FL, Basically when we went in to administration last time, we were made to pay the full pound in the pound to our preferred creditors( i.e. football debts and VAT, etc)
which came to a total of about 450,000

*Up until now, we had been paying 4000 a month paying off that previous cva and had only 40,000 to go till it was cleared. However as the current consortium had been issued with a windig up order by an ex chairman for 8,000 it basically allowed every other person owed money to place a winding up order against as. And as a result, the other remainder of debt from when we were in the cva has been added on to this current CVA.

So Basically.... Old Debt was 1.1million (The cva was to pay back 450,000 to the preferred creditors)

So the remaining 800,000 odd  has been added to this cva which has taken the total up to 2,000,000

Now for a few interesting points.

* The majority of local companies on the creditors list have been from the previous cva, not this one, so all you going on about the free travel to droyslden and all that, can now realise that it was not paid for by the club..

* The schools and St Johns were also from the previous CVA. lets just say, since the last cva not many coach companiers, schools(where we trained) would touch us, and even if we offered to pay up front,(we had no training facilities up until about a season ago.

Also the majority of the debt apart from the 500,000 to HMRC(which is 250,000 for previous cva and same for this one) Belongs to rich ppl who have invested in the club or companies they own/ are involved in, i really dont think most of these ppl expect their money back, And considering nearly all the individual ppl on the list still attend the shay on a weekly basis and often seen sponging off the club using the directors lounge. Then im pretty positive that getting any money back will be more than they ever expected.

Also we lose 30,000 a week, but we have no commercial side ti0 speak of, when the take over is completed and the stadium finsihed off by the council, then i fully expect the turnover at the club to increase by more than 30,000 a month.

Let me ask you a question, How much money do you think your current board has pumped into your club..... Have they put the money in as loans.. or do they it out of the goodness of their heart... if they ever leave do they expect their money back?????

I will take whatever punishment or not, the Conf give us. I posted this only to give you some info on the whole situation, whether this changes any of your minds or not is down to u. But its better that you know, and be better informed about it
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:58:28 AM by shaymen down under »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update