News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right dust yourselves off, think positive and you never know

Author Topic: Right dust yourselves off, think positive and you never know  (Read 3939 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« on: April 23, 2008, 10:01:45 AM »

Firstly if you were going Weymouth then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE still go. No matter what the result the players still need to know they have something to play for next season and will need our support if Stevenage do manage to get something.

I have done my moaning, shouting and being p*ssed off since 10pm last night and decided to try and be positive.

If we can beat Weymouth and Halifax don't lose at least we can go out the league with a win and as one of the best sets of fans.

I have a lot to moan about whether we stay or not but am saving it until Tuesday next week....The next few days are about supporting and praying.

markecky

Re: Right dust yourselves off, think positive and you never know
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:34:03 AM »

I'll agree with you in about a day I reckon.

I really hope nobody changes there mind about going..that would be very sad.

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:35:55 AM »

I'm still going because at the end of the day it's an Alty game and we shouldn't need a special reason to go. Also if we do go down it could be the last game I'm able to see for quite some time.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 10:57:20 AM »

We win and Halifax lose we're up. I'm not saying it'll happen but its not the strangest set of results we've seen this month. See you all there on Sat. 

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 10:58:24 AM »

Also if we do go down it could be the last game I'm able to see for quite some time.

Further to that with 4 Northern teams going down there will be some shuffling around, Boston, Worcester, even Nuneaton could move South?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

samba

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 11:00:12 AM »

Indeed, we definitely need to stay positive.  It's not all over, if we won and Halifax lost I honestly wouldn't class it as a shock result (although I'm not expecting it to happen).

Everyone behind the team, stay positive for Saturday. We have a whole summer to moan after that :D

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »

Yes, indeed. My TV took one hell of a verbal bashing last night in a frenzy of expletives. It's always very grounding (although highly bloody annoying) when your other half can't understand what all of the fuss is about and why you are so upset.

I avoiding posting until now for fear of the vitriol that would spew forth, fuelled by negative emotion.

Let's look at the facts here:

Players, by and large do not go out and lose games on puropse. They try and do their best given the constraints placed uopn them by management (and of course their natural ability).

The players will be trying to win at Weymouth on Saturday. They have to, no other approach is possible. They NEED to believe that we can win. They NEED the fans that turn up (hopefully in large numbers) to BELIEVE.

I believe we can win at Weymouth, what happens in the other game is out of our control, but nothing will be possible if we do not pull together now and ALL give it our best shot.

I don't give a flying **ck how you all feel now, we all feel the same, but how many of you out there would have been happy to have any chance of survival on the last day at Xmas time?

So, let's get out there in force on Saturday and shout our support for all we are worth.

The time for mourning is IF, not when, the corpse of BSP Alty is being lowered into the dark depths of the BSN. For now we are still alive....

COME ON ALTY

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »

agreed

alty86

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 01:34:50 PM »

i think deep down we all knew that it would come down to the last day of the season.

lets keep it simple...beat weymouth and see where we are at 7pm instead of putting forward a number of scenario's that could or could not happen.  all we should be doing now is remaining focussed on the job in hand...

eh alty!

Longman

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »

I am still going down without question.  This thing ain't over yet!  Yes it's a horrible feeling not having our fate in our own hands and yes we are favourites to go down but we must all be there come 5.15 on Saturday supporting Alty till the last kick of the season.

You just never know with this game,  I really hope we don't lose too many who will now stay at home and watch it on TV, imagine the boost the players would get running out to 250 plus Alty behind the goal!

tonybrads

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 06:46:11 PM »

come on you reds what every happens i will be back next season. so hold your heads up high and play your hearts out
because we will be singing ours out

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 06:54:21 PM »

I will be there Saturday and I have no doubts that we will do the job.

However, it's not us I'm worried about, was at Broadhall Way last night to watch a disinterested, half arsed Stevenage outfit slip to a deserved defeat against Vics. If they do anything other than get a proper humping at Halifax I will be amazed.

Still, stranger things have happened...

crewe alty

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »

I know it looks bad at the moment but lets not forget we,ve had some good times this season (few and far between i know).regardless of what happens on saturday i think the players deserve the support could well be the last time we see a number of them :-[. lets thank them for there cause t especially the loanees. by the law of averages we are due a posotive last day of the season plus the fact i really could do with a party!.  

COME ON ALTY ONE LAST TIME  ;)

Longman

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 07:41:08 PM »

I will be there Saturday and I have no doubts that we will do the job.

However, it's not us I'm worried about, was at Broadhall Way last night to watch a disinterested, half arsed Stevenage outfit slip to a deserved defeat against Vics. If they do anything other than get a proper humping at Halifax I will be amazed.

Still, stranger things have happened...

Why were they so dis - interested when they were still challenging for a playoff place??

What a strange game football is, they murdered us 5-1 at Moss Lane! 
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team