PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich Victoria SAFE
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Northwich Victoria SAFE  (Read 5421 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Northwich Victoria SAFE
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 10:55:52 AM »

A lucrative Xmas double with Wrexham for Vics :(
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 11:01:22 AM »

How can you outbid us and other Conference clubs for players though?? Thats what baffles me... So Lee steele is on £50 a week is he ?

I spoke to pez last night and did congratulate you for staying up but I'm afraid it just leaves a sour taste..

and we haven't been staying up on anyones 'misfortunes' we have stayed up cos we have our own house in order. There is a difference I believe. We have been rewarded for at least running the non football side correctly.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 11:09:53 AM by gazwarrington »

markecky

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »

They also went all or bust again... Which is bit risky ?
They were bidding money for players and outbidding on us on wages despite getting 600 and in a financial mess.
I am more and more believing that for a club of our size (thats us, Crawley, Grays, Vics, Ebbsfleet, or anyone on sub 1,500 crowds) to survive in this league you have to cheat though and just spend money you haven't got and then go into admin when you have enough points ...

Sorry Gary, buts thats not true.

Dino has brought in players from 2-5 leagues below conference level. Players hungry to show they can make it at a higher level.
I think we made one bid for Brayson to return but he wanted too much money so we didn't bother.
Dino has completely changed the team from Redfern's dad's army money grabbers and offloaded all the high earners.
We now have a mainly young squad who are here to prove a point not just to make a profit.

As for the latter comments, all points have been earned by hard work and teamwork and by a man taking chances on young keen players.
The new board are doing the best to pay all debts owing and have alredy cleared some of the mess left by the previous idiot.
Before thinking others get a good deal don't foget you've survived the last two seasons on the misfortune of others and maybe even again this year so you have to take whats dealt to you.

I wish you all the best for Saturday, a christmas fixture at Kidderminster doesn't quite have the same ring to it!!

Do you actually believe that you have stayed up due to teamwork and good old fashioned endeavour?

You've gambled massively and its paid off.   I admire your board for trying to pay the debts as we did but they have clearly put their hand in their pockets for a huge "stayling up" kitty.

Its an open secret that your wage budget is at least £10,000 a week.  Your crowds are 700-750.  Most of your revenue streams are owned by Connett.

You don't need to be Bamber Gascoigne to see its good old hard cash thats got you out of it.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »

You don't need to be Bamber Gascoigne to see its good old hard cash thats got you out of it.

That's fine as long as you've got the cash.....................

matnvfcmad

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »

bet Roca and Batts wish they had stayed with us :D

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 11:37:16 AM »

So do we  ;D ;D

matnvfcmad

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »

So do we  ;D ;D

Batts is a quality player i would certainly have him back you can keep roca ;D

louise1925

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 12:03:27 PM »

Should we have spent our profits on signing players who could have secured our survival in this league? The question is irrelevant, because we chose not to do so. The real question is what do we do now? Change is in the air I feel.

The Volunteer

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 08:23:47 PM »

Think most Vics fans will be appreciative of many comments on here- ta.
As for Wrexham over Christmas/ NY- I`ve not gone into the in`s and out`s of the festive pairings yet, but I`m hoping Telford don`t make it through the CN play-off`s for that reason.
As regards the wage bill, my honest opinion is that DM cleared out the dead wood (some of it at vintage oak prices), then he had to sign players from below the Conference.
I do agree with the overall principle of good house-keeping and with the need to increase our gates/ other income streams, meanwhile.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich Victoria SAFE