PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If Altrincham did get promotion
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: If Altrincham did get promotion  (Read 6219 times)

Bath Alty

Re: If Altrincham did get promotion
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 10:34:26 PM »

I'm looking for 60 points this season.

Nothing from the top 6
2 wins, 4 draws at home from the rest of the top half (10)

Wins home and away against the bottom 5 (30)
Wins at home, draw away at rest of bottom half (20)

Obviously it won't be that neat and tidy but as a par score that is what I work on.  On that basis we are on par at the moment (expecting draw at Barrow and two wins)

A good solid start and from the first half at Hayes and what I've heard on radio commentaries and on here very promising signd for the tougher tests to come.  Well done GH and all the rest.

gunners11

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 11:40:43 PM »

i have been saying this for a long time it is alty turn to shine if we are to go up we need a good forward and some really good defence. and also it will be a new division so alty will have to prepare to stay up. like burton i think strongly about altrincham football club in div2 and then we can go in the johnstones paint  and other cups and the crowd will be bigger. 

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 11:52:35 PM »

My long term hope is that we can organically grow attendances over a long period (say 10years) to the point where we can go full time and get into the league.

It would be a nice problem to have though, getting up and wondering what to do. Now where did I put that voodoo equipment?

gunners11

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 03:34:21 PM »

slakaj i am the silly one not you where is my snake charmer it is the cobra bin with a boa put i did my maths with a snake called adder.my baby was playing with a toy rattlesnake. there is a bike called viper and there is a film called anaconda. see  you later with the bait of a sharks teeth and eyeballs try and grab his tongue

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 03:39:27 PM »

slakaj i am the silly one not you where is my snake charmer it is the cobra bin with a boa put i did my maths with a snake called adder.my baby was playing with a toy rattlesnake. there is a bike called viper and there is a film called anaconda. see  you later with the bait of a sharks teeth and eyeballs try and grab his tongue

WTF??

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 04:05:02 PM »

I think I've been put in my place.  :D

MichaelH

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 06:02:13 PM »

what

gunners11

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 11:45:36 PM »

afc wimbledon 1 -3 altrincham on saturday scores little senior denham. tuesday game histon 1-2 altrincham danylyk senior. i may be right or i maybe wrong. COME ON ALTY cheer your local football club on.

Jacko

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 12:32:52 AM »

i would love us to get to safety very early and be actually able to rest players for a big fa cup/trophy tie!

that is as optimistic as i get as the squad is stretched after 2 or 3 injuries but thats to be expected

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »

I think the giddy heights of our league position have sent him over the edge that he's been teetering on for a while.

gunners11

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »

i got the result right alty 2-1 histon alty up to 3rd  looking good

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 09:39:19 PM »

What do you mean, IF?   :D :D :D :D ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bath Alty

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »

So if we are still top after xx games will you allow yourself to dream just for a couple of seconds that playoff might be possible?

I reckon it's at least 12 games before I dream of it for a couple of seconds.  At least 30 games before I might actually think it was possible even if we were still top!

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »

Bugger that! I dream it every night but I'll only talk out loud about it if we're still in the top 6 after 30 games.

gunners11

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 10:30:18 PM »

bring on wimbledon alty to win 3-1 denham senior johnson COME ON ALTY
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If Altrincham did get promotion