PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flabbergasted of Bowdon
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flabbergasted of Bowdon  (Read 5361 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Flabbergasted of Bowdon
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 12:24:21 PM »

Altrincham, I concur, however the opposition have moved forwards with there teams, and we have only slightly improved and thus the tactics appear different. The service to the strikers needs to improve somehow. Colin was dropping very deep on Saturday to get the ball and was then out of position.

It is a dilemma but defensive errrors cost us on saaturday.

Alex

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 12:37:49 PM »

Have to disagree, it boils down to complete frustration which is evident from the fans to the players I remember our 1st/2nd year back in the conf when we played some excellent gutsy  attacking football against the likes of Morcombe, Aldershot, Exeter, Accrington etc... infront of excellent appreciative crowds even though we didnt win all the games we played like we wanted to. It isnt allot to ask for to play your best players in the correct positions with a basic game plan to take the game to the opposition especially when teams are there for the taking. For spells this year we have looked class in particular when we attacked Oxford now if we played the same from the start against the poorer sides I am sure we could go ahead and then maybe shut up shop at 60/70 mins.

ok i said i was off but i saw this and had to reply last one for a while honest  ;) anyways back to my point wern't we relegated both these seasons? and thus therefore were not using the best tactic of going at these teams?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 12:45:14 PM »

Have to disagree, it boils down to complete frustration which is evident from the fans to the players I remember our 1st/2nd year back in the conf when we played some excellent gutsy  attacking football against the likes of Morcombe, Aldershot, Exeter, Accrington etc... infront of excellent appreciative crowds even though we didnt win all the games we played like we wanted to. It isnt allot to ask for to play your best players in the correct positions with a basic game plan to take the game to the opposition especially when teams are there for the taking. For spells this year we have looked class in particular when we attacked Oxford now if we played the same from the start against the poorer sides I am sure we could go ahead and then maybe shut up shop at 60/70 mins.

ok i said i was off but i saw this and had to reply last one for a while honest  ;) anyways back to my point wern't we relegated both these seasons? and thus therefore were not using the best tactic of going at these teams?

no we have only 3 points from home this season

Daycare Dan

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 01:26:45 PM »

People seam to forget that in a lot of games in the first season we went 1 down, put 3 up front and get di**ed 5-0. I think I'd rather loose 1-0 and be in the game. But that is just me.

I'm off now to practice my salmon dancing.

bighairedmike

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »

We were only relegated in the first season due to a totally unjust 18 point deduction and not on our football playing ability so i think you can class that as us staying up ;)

louise1925

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 08:12:49 PM »

I personally wouldn't mind seeing us get d***** a few times, so long as we picked up a few points at home. I just can't understand the logic of rather seeing us lose 1-0 and staying in the match IF WE ARE GOING TO LOSE EVERY TIME.
I also can't see the logic of playing a guy of inferior quality to one on the bench, because 'he tracks back'. Pat is probably a lovely lad, but blow on him and he will fall over, so what good is it if he tracks back? Why not just play a proper left winger, who will frighten opposition defences?
On a positive note, we seem to have got a decent central defensive pairing right now and we are indeed fortunate to have two highly competent goalkeepers at the club. Also, to be fair to GH, he is selecting Chris Senior up front now and that is paying dividends. Things might not be as bad as many of us seem to think. I still think Burton will do us good and proper, but it would be nice to see us have a go since it's a home match.
Now that wasn't at all hysterical!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flabbergasted of Bowdon