PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sky 3D Pub Finder
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sky 3D Pub Finder  (Read 3136 times)

baldrick

Sky 3D Pub Finder
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:27:50 PM »

joe

Re: Sky 3D Pub Finder
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »

Chav central!

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »

It depends when you go in to be honest. Round the times football is on it isn't normally that bad. Friday and saturday nights are the worst but overall not bad. And a fairly cheap and decent pint as well.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 05:53:31 PM »

If you want to watch 3D football get down to ANY football ground and WATCH it live !

Who wants to watch that overpaid cockney t**t kiss his badge everytime he scores a penalty after Drogba has fallen over his own feet in glorius 3D ? 

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 07:38:24 PM »

"It was phenomenal. Far better than I thought it would be. You seem so involved in the game, part of the action. This is the way football should be seen."

That is taken from the SKY url below.  I cannot express my contempt for the sort of arse that honestly thinks wearing a pair of glasses watching a game in the pub "is the way football should be seen".

GET TO THE GROUND, PREFERABLY A GROUND WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. PLEASE.

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 08:12:54 PM »

i don't really see what the problem is.

tickets to the Premier league are too expensive and simply not an option to some fans

If you can watch it for free in a pub then i don't see why Sky shouldn't try and make it as exciting as possible, if that means going down the 3D route, then so be it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:17:34 PM by RocketDan »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »

They will charge for it some time in the future.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 12:58:00 AM »

APRIL FOOL ! ! !

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 04:00:35 AM »

Its on at the Meville in Stretford in 3D, but I'd prefer to watch it at Moss Lane and put a few quid our way.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 08:17:14 AM »

i don't really see what the problem is.

tickets to the Premier league are too expensive and simply not an option to some fans

If you can watch it for free in a pub then i don't see why Sky shouldn't try and make it as exciting as possible, if that means going down the 3D route, then so be it.

Sky are a good part of the problem. Theres a million and one 'Andy Grays' watching the match from their local pub or armchair these days. Absolutely no respect paid to the traditions of watching football as part of the tribal behaviour of the weekend. premiership clubs dont need to promote their stadiums matchday experience now, its all about the latest marquee signing. It leaves clubs like alty unable to compete in terms of creating an attraction to the 'modern' game. Makes me sick.

I dont really see myself sat in a pub with a pair of NHS specs on blabbering away about how i thought paul scholes was going to sythe me down cos it was so realistic. Try as hard as they may it will never be the same as going the match. But most people have no incentive to find that out these days.

Its a crying shame that so many kids get to being a teenager these days without ever having been to a game, or if they have its a one off. 15 years ago that was unheard of, nowadays its the norm. I was in despair recently when a cockney liverpool fan told me that watching the game on sky was much better than hauling up to Anfield due to replays and analysis.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 11:56:09 AM »

You're at it again, what's with this ..........'latest Marquee signing !!'

What's a Marquee signing. If the definition on th other thread is to be believed then John McAliskey could be playing in the Premiership next year ?

and another thing ?........

I thought all cockneys supported Manchester United ? At least that's what the Scousers keep telling the Mancs !

The world's gone Maaaaaaaaaad !

Next thing you know Alty will be playing in white away shirts next season ?

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 12:41:06 PM »

The Bridge Inn on Dane Road also has 3D now

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 01:14:11 PM »

As does the firbank apparently...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 01:18:55 PM »

Chav central!

possibly since the broomwood shut ,not saying that everyone from the broomwood is a chav

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 04:10:58 AM »

Jimmy Wagg, Trafford Metro News, Good Friday

"When I was growing up, the love of football, and of a particular team, was passed from generation to generation. My Uncle Jimmy used to take me to the match when I was about 6 or 7. Even as an ordinary working bloke he could afford to. When I got to be old enough to go to the match by myself, I could afford to out of my 'spends'.

I'm not sure either of those premises would hold true in 2010. If that love of the game, and of going to the match, is too expensive to pass on to the next generation, who will provide the bums on seats in years to come ? Will an adult of 30 who has never been to a match before suddenly have a burning desire to spend nearly £1,000 a season to watch football in a stadium rather than a pub ? I don't think so."

The thrust of this article was on the subject of United freezing season ticket prices, but it serves as ample illustration of the reason why the pubs will be packed out this afternoon for the new experiment.

Prawn sandwich anyone ?

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sky 3D Pub Finder