PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thead
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: SC**thorpe Match Thead  (Read 8494 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: SC**thorpe Match Thead
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2022, 08:48:05 AM »

They haven't scored in last five and a half hours or so. It's essential we keep a clean sheet tonight.
Oh dear. Another way of looking at it is that they are going to score sometime. I’ll vote for your optimistic version.😀

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2022, 09:29:48 PM »

We cannot hold a lead this season……so frustrating 🤦🏼

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2022, 09:54:28 PM »

What the hell is Parky telling them at half time?! This second half mental block is going to relegate us.

We let a poor SC**thorpe side come on to us for far too long... and paid the ultimate price.

If Marcus Dinanga is the answer then we might as well give up now - he was utterly dreadful.

Plus sides: keeper looks solid and good with the ball at his feet, Toby is by far our best defender. Eddy Jones seems to be settling back in reasonably well. Not a fan of James Jones at all, he's really poor technically.

Egli Kaja was the difference between a poor result and utter disaster. He needs to be starting now.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 09:57:24 PM by MarpleAlty »

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2022, 10:19:49 PM »

Indeed, the start of the second half used to be our best time of the match, this season it has been the worst. Today, we were so flat after the break we deserved to lose - passive, no energy, nothing - we just sat back and let SC**thorpe dominate, it was inevitable they would score.

We only started playing with energy, pace and effort again when we went 2-1 down. If we'd played like that before we'd have won.

Kaja was impressive, definite decent threat on the right. Marcus needs to work a lot on his runs if he is going to score, there were 3 decent crosses put in and he didn't get on the end of any of them.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2022, 10:32:36 PM »

Two poor sides tonight.

Having nothing special upfront will relegate us.

Kaja had great feet and was not knocked off the ball easily. As cameo performances go, he was impressive.

Going to be a long season at this rate, although a win could easily lift us.

Two points chucked away tonight by another incredibly poor ten minutes. Why we did not pressure Ogle before we went behind is a mystery. He was bobbins, but maybe had taken a knock
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2022, 10:43:09 PM »

We were very very poor and I remain worried.

Ain't going to create chances with your Con-Clarke's and Bennett's out wide. Kaja was a breath of fresh air, who should have come on 15 mins earlier. We may have not conceded those goals.

We were being pressed back and PP bottled the sub, which allowed pressure onto us and they went 2-1 up. Kaja on earlier or even bloody starting may have put a poor away team on the back foot.

PP seems to have lost his bottle, our direct and pressing play. They were much quicker at shifting the ball first half.

We literally only have Colclough who will drive. Mooney and Kossy were also players who drove at defenders. CCC turns and twists but he ain't good enough out wide and Bennett is too slow.

Still need a magic number 10. If Hancock was still here he would be starting whilst Kossy was out so the reason I am worried is with have not progressed. We look weaker, less of a threat.

Dinanga is still turd. His distribution, like James Jones was dog sh*t. James Jones has been awful since returning, gutted as he was and still could be a player.

Malone might aswell not been on the pitch. The sooner we get Marriott the back the much safer we will be.

Toby was MOTM.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 10:47:03 PM by oneedham »

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2022, 10:44:00 PM »

It was an oddly entertaining or exciting game, but I could see why the two sides were the bottom two.
Yes, as others have said, Kaja deserves a longer run if not a start, while Byrne looked very solid in goal.

PS Does anybody have any idea what are strongest XI is? I am sure I don't.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2022, 10:54:12 PM »

Why has our passing turned so sh*t??

Struggling to see where our first win is gonna come from at this rate

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2022, 11:00:16 PM »

First time I’ve seen us in the flesh this season & it wasn’t great unfortunately.

Two sides low on confidence & therefore when we took the lead right on HT that should have been perfect timing and given us a platform for the second. Unfortunately as with a lot of other games this season, Scunny pinned us back after the break & turned it round with two quick fire goals, especially galling in the first came straight off our own attack and then a soft pen. We woke up again to equalise but after that never had a serious chance to win it & Scunny looked far likelier at the death.

The positives for me was that Byrne was finally in goal and now he simply has to have a run. Neither goal was his fault and he was continually talking, came for crosses and has a great kick on him too. Jones and Barrows look like they may have nailed down our troublesome FB spots too and Kaja was superb when he came on, put the equaliser on a plate.

The negatives-we have taken 3 points out of 9 vs Maidstone, Yeovil and Scunny which I fear will cost us later in the season. We have conceded 7 goals in 4 home games & we are far too easy to play through (Marriot is such a loss in that regard). Dinanga is simply not up to it at our level for me & Parky’s subs are too late and reactive. Kaja should have been on far sooner. I know it’s unfortunate too with injuries to key players but it’s getting hard to keep up with the number of loanees we have and the pre kick off ‘is he Stoke/Crewe/Fleetwood again etc’.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2022, 11:04:13 PM »

Very disappointing tonight. I'm as optimistic as you can get but that display worried me.

We need a proper leader on the pitch - Toby's a good player but I don't see him as someone who rallies and organises the lads when things aren't going right for us.

Positives from tonight - Ollie looked solid in goal and Kaja made a real difference when he came on.

What's with Barrows' socks? Look like they're full of holes, are they his "lucky" ones that he doesn't want to throw away?  ;D

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2022, 11:25:04 PM »

Fully agree with most of the comments here . Toby once again our best player . Ryan our only attacking threat until Kaja came on . God help us if those two get injured .  Against a poor Scunny we looked like the away team for much of the game , nuff said .
Despite that the singers were superb throughout . Brilliant guys .

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2022, 11:42:47 PM »

I wish Parky would grow a pair and attack teams. Scunny are woeful and it’s definitely 2 points dropped tonight.

Agree with a lot of what’s been said. Lundstram and Osborne are too negative (play backwards 99% of the time), James Jones looks a liability and can’t pass the ball to one of our players.

If Kaja comes on at 1-0 up we don’t concede 2 goals but PP arse fell out and bottled it.

We have gone full time but are so far off where we were last season. Very worrying times, we will go down I think

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2022, 11:43:45 PM »

What the hell is Parky telling them at half time?! This second half mental block is going to relegate us.

We let a poor SC**thorpe side come on to us for far too long... and paid the ultimate price.

If Marcus Dinanga is the answer then we might as well give up now - he was utterly dreadful.

Plus sides: keeper looks solid and good with the ball at his feet, Toby is by far our best defender. Eddy Jones seems to be settling back in reasonably well. Not a fan of James Jones at all, he's really poor technically.

Egli Kaja was the difference between a poor result and utter disaster. He needs to be starting now.

Agree 100% about Kaja, he was quality and immediately put the wind up SC**thorpe.  Think criticism of Dinanga is a tad unfair; as a lone striker both he and Hulme are finding they are isolated and largely ineffective.  Kaja could, I think, bridge the gap, the alternative is to trial playing both Hulme and Dinanga and hope we score more than the oppo.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2022, 02:02:11 AM »

In the immortal words of the great Groucho Marx: "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

A worryingly substandard performance, particularly our erratic passing.

An alarmingly poor attendance.

I'm not sure quite how Osborne was deemed worthy of the 'man of the match' accolade after that ridiculous challenge which resulted in them being awarded a penalty.

I think that we are in trouble here. I hope that my fears may be misfounded but this current squad does not instil confidence that our first victory of the season is imminent.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2022, 02:24:47 AM »

We miss Kossy & Marriott but the sad fact is we ain’t going to see them this season. Kaja has to be a shoe in for a place in the team. I would have Baines next to Toby in the middle of the back four. As for up top, with Jordan currently injured let’s give the lad Goodson a go up top as Marcus isn’t cutting the mustard. It was good to see Olly in goal tonight, we need tonhave more shots when we’re in sight of goal and please stop trying to pass the ball into the net, Just hit the bloody thing.

We need a win desperately and we have to get at least two against Aldershot, Dagenham or Gateshead.
It
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thead