News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If you can bear it...

Author Topic: If you can bear it...  (Read 2331 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
If you can bear it...
« on: August 11, 2014, 07:01:07 PM »

Bath Alty

Re: If you can bear it...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »

Check out the dive from their no 8 on 2 min 15 sec - you have to be quick to spot it because the ball left the area before he leaps to the ground!  I notice that Scott's cracking clean tackle that resulted in the same player rolling around on the floor and getting up with a mythical limp didn't make the highlights, nor did whatever their player did to Kyle to earn his booking late on.

I also have to temper my criticism of Griffin from Saturday night (Before the forum police get all gloaty I said at the end of last season I was hoping for reinforcements in full back areas and I still stand by that) it was a combination of him and Williams looking weak.  Still concerned by our defence down the left but it's not entirely Griffin's fault.  Hopefully with Scott backing him up we will look stronger.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:45:55 PM by Bath Alty »

markecky

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:46:17 PM »

Well worth a watch despite the result, good balanced highlights.  They at least do show some of the endeavour we showed even if the final product was not up to the standard it can be at either end.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 08:30:01 PM »

Having not been able to comment on the game until seeing the highlights i have a few comments to make.

Those who say Coburn was at fault for the goals I would suggest know very little about goalkeeping. The first and second goals he was left very exposed with defenders ball watching and following the opposition. The third goal he could perhaps have stopped it going across his area, but then there was a choice of two players who could have scored and he had to make a choice as to who was going to shoot. He chose the wrong one.

The defence I thought was very poor, not just for the goals but for other plays as well. They were watching the ball and chasing it and not following the players, ultimately getting passed around and looking lost.

Going forward the highlights showed we seemed to have plenty of possession and I dont think things looked as bad as people are making out.

Comments of Coburn a season too far could have easily been a season too soon for Parton.

Great goal from Clee including the build up.

Well those are my thoughts anyway.

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:08:30 PM »

Stuart is a legend at our club but regardless of Saturday I think it maybe a season to far for him and if it's a season
To soon for Parton then That may become a problem
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:39:17 PM by Jimmy »

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 10:37:18 PM »

Having not been able to comment on the game until seeing the highlights i have a few comments to make.

Those who say Coburn was at fault for the goals I would suggest know very little about goalkeeping. The first and second goals he was left very exposed with defenders ball watching and following the opposition. The third goal he could perhaps have stopped it going across his area, but then there was a choice of two players who could have scored and he had to make a choice as to who was going to shoot. He chose the wrong one.

The defence I thought was very poor, not just for the goals but for other plays as well. They were watching the ball and chasing it and not following the players, ultimately getting passed around and looking lost.

Going forward the highlights showed we seemed to have plenty of possession and I dont think things looked as bad as people are making out.

Comments of Coburn a season too far could have easily been a season too soon for Parton.

Great goal from Clee including the build up.

Well those are my thoughts anyway.

Are you Ian or Chris?  ;)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 11:17:40 PM »

Thanks for the highlights as already noted poor defending and a great one two and finish from Clee
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If you can bear it...